B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good afternoon 

first of all thanks for the updates on who got the email to report for Livingston. Kind of get an idea on where the list is at right now. My question is, has anyone from list 9604 gotten an email yet? I’m in the 300s. Any update would be helpful. Thanks

On 6/1/2021 at 6:42 PM, KikoG said:

Good afternoon 

first of all thanks for the updates on who got the email to report for Livingston. Kind of get an idea on where the list is at right now. My question is, has anyone from list 9604 gotten an email yet? I’m in the 300s. Any update would be helpful. Thanks

First of all, welcome to the Forums!! Have you taken a brief moment to read the guidelines? If not, please take a moment and do so.

If you read the guidelines, one of the things which is mentioned under "Forum Etiquette" is to "post in the relevant forum." However, since you are new, and this is your first post, I'll answer the question, providing you can follow the guidelines going forward, which would be truly appreciated not only to me, but to everyone else as well. For future reference, the B/O 9604 thread can be found here.

If you type "Bus Operator" into the search box, which is located at the top-right hand corner of this webpage, and you scroll down 2/3 to 3/4 of the webpage, you will see that for the March 19th, 2021 Certification, the consecutive numbers off of the 9604 list don't start until the person whose list number is 200 (200, 201, 202, 203, 204, etc.) Therefore, for the people whose list number is lower than 200, they have either been hired, had their name removed from the list, declined their appointment, or whatever the case may be. As a result, if you read the last pages of the B/O 9604 thread, some people have not only received an e-mail, but some people also got hired as well!

In conclusion, I would encourage you to switch over to the other thread, not only to read up about what's going on, but to also post any more questions in the relevant thread/topic as well.

Again, welcome to the Forums!!

So, after many unanswered calls and emails I got a call at 7:30am asking me to report for a drug test the same day which was yesterday 6/2/21. Fortunately I had a free day and was able to report. Then today at approximately 4:30pm I received another call to report to 180 Livingston for the medical part on Friday 8am. Now I know this is such short notice but I've been trying to get a response from them for months. Since I have a few days left on my vacation I will definitely be reporting. I was told a class is starting on Sunday.  Does anyone know if the first day is virtual or does it take place at Zerega? List #21xx.

40 minutes ago, MTA MAC said:

So, after many unanswered calls and emails I got a call at 7:30am asking me to report for a drug test the same day which was yesterday 6/2/21. Fortunately I had a free day and was able to report. Then today at approximately 4:30pm I received another call to report to 180 Livingston for the medical part on Friday 8am. Now I know this is such short notice but I've been trying to get a response from them for months. Since I have a few days left on my vacation I will definitely be reporting. I was told a class is starting on Sunday.  Does anyone know if the first day is virtual or does it take place at Zerega? List #21xx.

Got an email for medical tomorrow at 7:30am 180 Livingston ... they want me for this next class on Sunday June 6th. Such a short notice but I’m getting called for exam 9309 mta bus company 

6 hours ago, MTA MAC said:

You'll be going to Zerega. You have paperwork to fill out plus getting assigned a depot where you will do your 7 days at. Things should more or less be back to regular over there.

4 hours ago, SoSpectacular said:

You'll be going to Zerega. You have paperwork to fill out plus getting assigned a depot where you will do your 7 days at. Things should more or less be back to regular over there.

Thanks for the response.

15 hours ago, MTA MAC said:

Hey what number are you calling if you dont mind me asking. Im on exam 7612 and my list number is within the first 100 names. The last email i received was the employee canvas back in April. However i havent heard anything since.

8 hours ago, Merk said:

Hey what number are you calling if you dont mind me asking. Im on exam 7612 and my list number is within the first 100 names. The last email i received was the employee canvas back in April. However i havent heard anything since.

I 've call all the numbers suggested by +Young+ (347) 643 8229/30/31/32. You should definitely refer to some of his post. 

Finally sworn in today, arrived at 8am didn't leave till about 4pm. I must say 180 was just like it was pre-covid, packed!!. Things are are moving fast completed all of my processing in 2 consecutive days. My class starts this Sunday June 6th. @+Young+ thanks for all your insight and valuable information. Thanks to all the others members that help with information and responses to my post. Good Luck to Everyone!!

1 hour ago, MTA MAC said:

@+Young+ thanks for all your insight and valuable information. Thanks to all the others members that help with information and responses to my post. Good Luck to Everyone!!

You're most welcome, and thank you for the kind words. Good luck during training!!

1 hour ago, MTA MAC said:

Finally sworn in today, arrived at 8am didn't leave till about 4pm. I must say 180 was just like it was pre-covid, packed!!. Things are are moving fast completed all of my processing in 2 consecutive days. My class starts this Sunday June 6th. @+Young+ thanks for all your insight and valuable information. Thanks to all the others members that help with information and responses to my post. Good Luck to Everyone!!

Same for me, I'll be there June 6th.  Good luck to everyone and a big thanks to @+Young+ and everyone in this forum.  

6 hours ago, Flatbush Operator said:

Anyone here doing their 7 day training at Flatbush Depot?.... I see students 

No, but I wish I was training there it's closer. Instead, I got sent up to Gun Hill. The training  Supt's are ok so far.

Can any members provide any tips on pulling into the bus stop without touching the curb. Also with the interlock in the 1 o'clock position is the interlock is engaged by pressing the brake and deactivated once all the doors are closed by pressing the the brake also?

16 minutes ago, MTA MAC said:

Can any members provide any tips on pulling into the bus stop without touching the curb. Also with the interlock in the 1 o'clock position is the interlock is engaged by pressing the brake and deactivated once all the doors are closed by pressing the the brake also?

Watch your rear tires and it'll give you a good picture as to weather or not you've hit the curb. That green light above the rear doors tells you if the interlock is engaged or not. 

59 minutes ago, MTA MAC said:

On a bus with a split windshield, you want the lower left corner of your curbside windshield (the L) to hide the edge of the curb when pulling in. On the Novas, use the ridge of the dashboard that's to the right of the radio. That piece should hide the edge. You get that, follow up in your right side flat mirror to see how your rear tires are tracking. If it looks like the front of the bus (the L in the windshield) is going past the edge of the curb, pull to the left a little bit and readjust.

Interlock... Move the door handle. Press the brake pedal. You'll get the green light, and the rear door indicator on your tell tales. Make sure it comes on. On some buses, you have to push much farther down on the pedal than others. To release the interlock, move the door handle back to the closed position. Once the rear doors are closed (and the kneeler is up), then press the brake pedal to release the interlock and get moving.

Having the ramp power enabled on some buses will keep the interlock on. Be mindful of that if you're using the ramp.