Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

B/O 7612 Hiring Process


Message added by +Young+

List Status Update: 4/27/2021

The list for this exam has been published as of October 17th, 2018.

Here is the Notice of Examination for this specific exam in case anyone needs this for future reference.

Pay: Starts at $23.84 and increases to $34.06

Training: See this thread for more information.

Classes Scheduled: Unknown

According to the 12th page of the B/O 9604 thread, which can be viewed here, they have begun to canvass names off of this list. Therefore, I believe it is safe to say that everyone on this list has been called for the initial pre-employment at least once.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free.

Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

 

Recommended Posts

On 5/10/2021 at 8:34 AM, +Young+ said:

Has your friend reached out to the folks at Zerega? Let me know if you need a phone number.

I will relay the message, thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good afternoon 

first of all thanks for the updates on who got the email to report for Livingston. Kind of get an idea on where the list is at right now. My question is, has anyone from list 9604 gotten an email yet? I’m in the 300s. Any update would be helpful. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2021 at 6:42 PM, KikoG said:

Good afternoon 

first of all thanks for the updates on who got the email to report for Livingston. Kind of get an idea on where the list is at right now. My question is, has anyone from list 9604 gotten an email yet? I’m in the 300s. Any update would be helpful. Thanks

First of all, welcome to the Forums!! Have you taken a brief moment to read the guidelines? If not, please take a moment and do so.

If you read the guidelines, one of the things which is mentioned under "Forum Etiquette" is to "post in the relevant forum." However, since you are new, and this is your first post, I'll answer the question, providing you can follow the guidelines going forward, which would be truly appreciated not only to me, but to everyone else as well. For future reference, the B/O 9604 thread can be found here.

If you type "Bus Operator" into the search box, which is located at the top-right hand corner of this webpage, and you scroll down 2/3 to 3/4 of the webpage, you will see that for the March 19th, 2021 Certification, the consecutive numbers off of the 9604 list don't start until the person whose list number is 200 (200, 201, 202, 203, 204, etc.) Therefore, for the people whose list number is lower than 200, they have either been hired, had their name removed from the list, declined their appointment, or whatever the case may be. As a result, if you read the last pages of the B/O 9604 thread, some people have not only received an e-mail, but some people also got hired as well!

In conclusion, I would encourage you to switch over to the other thread, not only to read up about what's going on, but to also post any more questions in the relevant thread/topic as well.

Again, welcome to the Forums!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, after many unanswered calls and emails I got a call at 7:30am asking me to report for a drug test the same day which was yesterday 6/2/21. Fortunately I had a free day and was able to report. Then today at approximately 4:30pm I received another call to report to 180 Livingston for the medical part on Friday 8am. Now I know this is such short notice but I've been trying to get a response from them for months. Since I have a few days left on my vacation I will definitely be reporting. I was told a class is starting on Sunday.  Does anyone know if the first day is virtual or does it take place at Zerega? List #21xx.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MTA MAC said:

So, after many unanswered calls and emails I got a call at 7:30am asking me to report for a drug test the same day which was yesterday 6/2/21. Fortunately I had a free day and was able to report. Then today at approximately 4:30pm I received another call to report to 180 Livingston for the medical part on Friday 8am. Now I know this is such short notice but I've been trying to get a response from them for months. Since I have a few days left on my vacation I will definitely be reporting. I was told a class is starting on Sunday.  Does anyone know if the first day is virtual or does it take place at Zerega? List #21xx.

Got an email for medical tomorrow at 7:30am 180 Livingston ... they want me for this next class on Sunday June 6th. Such a short notice but I’m getting called for exam 9309 mta bus company 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MTA MAC said:

So, after many unanswered calls and emails I got a call at 7:30am asking me to report for a drug test the same day which was yesterday 6/2/21. Fortunately I had a free day and was able to report. Then today at approximately 4:30pm I received another call to report to 180 Livingston for the medical part on Friday 8am. Now I know this is such short notice but I've been trying to get a response from them for months. Since I have a few days left on my vacation I will definitely be reporting. I was told a class is starting on Sunday.  Does anyone know if the first day is virtual or does it take place at Zerega? List #21xx.

You'll be going to Zerega. You have paperwork to fill out plus getting assigned a depot where you will do your 7 days at. Things should more or less be back to regular over there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SoSpectacular said:

You'll be going to Zerega. You have paperwork to fill out plus getting assigned a depot where you will do your 7 days at. Things should more or less be back to regular over there.

Thanks for the response.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MTA MAC said:

So, after many unanswered calls and emails I got a call at 7:30am asking me to report for a drug test the same day which was yesterday 6/2/21. Fortunately I had a free day and was able to report. Then today at approximately 4:30pm I received another call to report to 180 Livingston for the medical part on Friday 8am. Now I know this is such short notice but I've been trying to get a response from them for months. Since I have a few days left on my vacation I will definitely be reporting. I was told a class is starting on Sunday.  Does anyone know if the first day is virtual or does it take place at Zerega? List #21xx.

Hey what number are you calling if you dont mind me asking. Im on exam 7612 and my list number is within the first 100 names. The last email i received was the employee canvas back in April. However i havent heard anything since.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Merk said:

Hey what number are you calling if you dont mind me asking. Im on exam 7612 and my list number is within the first 100 names. The last email i received was the employee canvas back in April. However i havent heard anything since.

I 've call all the numbers suggested by +Young+ (347) 643 8229/30/31/32. You should definitely refer to some of his post. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally sworn in today, arrived at 8am didn't leave till about 4pm. I must say 180 was just like it was pre-covid, packed!!. Things are are moving fast completed all of my processing in 2 consecutive days. My class starts this Sunday June 6th. @+Young+ thanks for all your insight and valuable information. Thanks to all the others members that help with information and responses to my post. Good Luck to Everyone!!

  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MTA MAC said:

 @+Young+ thanks for all your insight and valuable information. Thanks to all the others members that help with information and responses to my post. Good Luck to Everyone!!

You're most welcome, and thank you for the kind words. Good luck during training!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MTA MAC said:

Finally sworn in today, arrived at 8am didn't leave till about 4pm. I must say 180 was just like it was pre-covid, packed!!. Things are are moving fast completed all of my processing in 2 consecutive days. My class starts this Sunday June 6th. @+Young+ thanks for all your insight and valuable information. Thanks to all the others members that help with information and responses to my post. Good Luck to Everyone!!

Same for me, I'll be there June 6th.  Good luck to everyone and a big thanks to @+Young+ and everyone in this forum.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Ljay said:

Same for me, I'll be there June 6th.  Good luck to everyone and a big thanks to @+Young+ and everyone in this forum.  

You're welcome!! Good luck in training, and don't forget to look at the handouts!!

Edited by +Young+
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Flatbush Operator said:

Anyone here doing their 7 day training at Flatbush Depot?.... I see students 

No, but I wish I was training there it's closer. Instead, I got sent up to Gun Hill. The training  Supt's are ok so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MTA MAC said:

No, but I wish I was training there it's closer. Instead, I got sent up to Gun Hill. The training  Supt's are ok so far.

Who’s your supt? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.