B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

4 hours ago, DLovo313 said:

Was a medical form needed to get your CDL permit? I passed all three and when I went to get my test certified, they said I had check one of the four boxes on the back of the application. And told me the first two boxes I needed a medical form, so I ended up just choosing the last one. I'm not sure if I'm screwed now.

For TA, no. You'll get an A3 restriction which is fine, unless you're working out of Staten Island and you're operating the S89, which goes into New Jersey.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

42 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

For TA, no. You'll get an A3 restriction which is fine, unless you're working out of Staten Island and you're operating the S89, which goes into New Jersey.

Oh ok, that's exactly the restriction they added, A3. 

I was just paranoid because I was put on the spot by the DMV people and had no clue which option to choose.

5 hours ago, Sb1914 said:

What happens if I dont go in for pre employment? Do I miss out in the opportunity 

First, I took care of your other post.

Second, if you don't go in for pre-employment, you will be missing out on your opportunity. When you're ready to go back, if it's not that long compared to when you were supposed to go in, you can call them (347-643-8229/30/31/32) and they might still take you. If it's over three weeks or something to that nature, they will probably tell you to restore your name to the list. For information on how to do that, click here.

Edited by +Young+

8 hours ago, nycdrew said:

Went for pre-employment about two weeks ago & I just got an email to come in for my BOSS exam next week. I thought the BOSS exam was before pre-employment & medical was the next step after pre-employment? Young, do you know anything about this?

First, do you remember taking the BOSS exam? I personally did not take the BOSS since, according to the bottom of this page, I completed the BOSS for either 7105 or 7300 during the past calendar year.

If I had to take an educated guess: Since this list contains less than 3,000 names, which is very unhealthy to begin with, I have a "gut" feeling that they were anxious to establish this list. Now, since it's established, they have something to work with, between who shows up, who did or did not take the BOSS test, etc.

In addition, ever since NYC Transit took over their own examinations, the first Bus Operator Exam they published, Exam 2613, consisted of 3,621 candidates. With the fact that I failed the 10-day training in February of 2014, and the last post in that link was made in March of 2016, that tells me that the HR Department went through that list in "approximately" 2 1/2 years. Obviously with this exam, since there are less than 3,000 candidates, if they really need Bus Operators, they will probably go through this list quicker than they went through the 2613 list.

Again, these are just my thoughts...

On 11/27/2018 at 12:42 AM, +Young+ said:

First, do you remember taking the BOSS exam? I personally did not take the BOSS since, according to the bottom of this page, I completed the BOSS for either 7105 or 7300 during the past calendar year.

If I had to take an educated guess: Since this list contains less than 3,000 names, which is very unhealthy to begin with, I have a "gut" feeling that they were anxious to establish this list. Now, since it's established, they have something to work with, between who shows up, who did or did not take the BOSS test, etc.

In addition, ever since NYC Transit took over their own examinations, the first Bus Operator Exam they published, Exam 2613, consisted of 3,621 candidates. With the fact that I failed the 10-day training in February of 2014, and the last post in that link was made in March of 2016, that tells me that the HR Department went through that list in "approximately" 2 1/2 years. Obviously with this exam, since there are less than 3,000 candidates, if they really need Bus Operators, they will probably go through this list quicker than they went through the 2613 list.

Again, these are just my thoughts...

Hmm, not for this exam. I probably took it for 7105. Sounds good! Thanks for the info as usual 👍

1 hour ago, Boom7180 said:

How is everyone doing, I had my pre employment an drug test yesturday , i was told by the mta clerk that they will contact within 2 to 90 days. 

They should not be wasting people's time doing drug test if they are not going to be ready to start calling individuals after January then these same people would have to retake thr drug test again February, March, April whenever they start calling again. I haven't gotten called yet and not even in a rush with them since I did the 2 pre-employments (4600 & 7105) and 3 times drug tests.

1 hour ago, sisslims29 said:

They should not be wasting people's time doing drug test if they are not going to be ready to start calling individuals after January then these same people would have to retake thr drug test again February, March, April whenever they start calling again. I haven't gotten called yet and not even in a rush with them since I did the 2 pre-employments (4600 & 7105) and 3 times drug tests.

Really wow that's not cool at all, wish you the best an hopefully they get back to you.

4 hours ago, Boom7180 said:

How is everyone doing, I had my pre employment an drug test yesturday , i was told by the mta clerk that they will contact within 2 to 90 days. 

Don’t worry they’ll contact you sooner than you think. I know a couple people and including myself, who have been contacted within less than two weeks. I did my pre employment last week Wednesday and received an email on Monday, to report to 180th for the (BOSS) next week.

10 hours ago, nycdrew said:

Hmm, not for this exam. I probably took it for 7105. Sounds good! Thanks for the info as usual 👍

You're welcome.

3 hours ago, sisslims29 said:

They should not be wasting people's time doing drug test if they are not going to be ready to start calling individuals after January then these same people would have to retake their drug test again February, March, April whenever they start calling again. I haven't gotten called yet and not even in a rush with them since I did the 2 pre-employments (4600 & 7105) and 3 times drug tests.

I agree...especially since, according to this website, if you type in "04600" followed by clicking "next" on the bottom several times, as of November 7th, they still have about 700 people to work with from the 4600 list. Therefore, IMHO, unless something happened such as most of them not showing up, I don't know why they started to call people from this list...to me it sounds unfair unless there's a good reason behind all of this...

42 minutes ago, Poppy1991 said:

Don’t worry they’ll contact you sooner than you think. I know a couple people and including myself, who have been contacted within less than two weeks. I did my pre employment last week Wednesday and received an email on Monday, to report to 180th for the (BOSS) next week.

Mind I ask what list number you are? Make sure to hide the last digit or two in order to hide your identity...

3 minutes ago, MTA Bus Man said:

Did you take the BOSS exam before for this exam or others? Im curious because my list number is in the 3XX as well and I went for Pre employment last Tuesday and havent heard anything yet from them.

Yes, I actually took one earlier this year for exam 7300. As soon as I received an email to report next week, I called and asked if, “I needed to retake the boss since I’ve taken one this year,” and I was told no. Now I’m waiting for the next step which is medical. Btw have you checked your email or spam? That’s where they contacted me.

16 hours ago, Boom7180 said:

Did anyone do the medical yet? I wanted to know what happens after the medical 

No one could have done their medical because MTA isn't calling anyone at this time besides to do your pre-employment paperwork.  However, to your question, once you pass the medical the next step MTA will assign you to a class and date for your 10 days training.

48 minutes ago, sisslims29 said:

No one could have done their medical because MTA isn't calling anyone at this time besides to do your pre-employment paperwork.  However, to your question, once you pass the medical the next step MTA will assign you to a class and date for your 10 days training.

I got called today and my medical is on Wednesday