B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Greg1029 said:

Yes 7612...no date bc I have to pass now the phase 2 medical...hearing and vision

Okay but the medical has nothing to do with whether there is a class about to start. For another exam # we knew the date for that next upcoming class that was about to start. But if so then great. What is your list number. Don't forget to xx out the last three digits.

Edited by sisslims29

7 hours ago, Poppy1991 said:

Yes, I actually took one earlier this year for exam 7300. As soon as I received an email to report next week, I called and asked if, “I needed to retake the boss since I’ve taken one this year,” and I was told no. Now I’m waiting for the next step which is medical. Btw have you checked your email or spam? That’s where they contacted me.

Checked my spam and havent recieved any emails about the next step... I took my Pre employment last Tuesday. Wonder if they will get to me soon.

1 hour ago, sisslims29 said:

Okay but the medical has nothing to do with whether there is a class about to start. For another exam # we knew the date for that next upcoming class that was about to start. But if so then great. What is your list number. Don't forget to xx out the last three digits.

2XX

1 hour ago, MTA Bus Man said:

Checked my spam and havent recieved any emails about the next step... I took my Pre employment last Tuesday. Wonder if they will get to me soon.

As long are you’re sure you passed the drug test, you should be fine. Pretty sure they’ll contact you soon.

On 11/28/2018 at 4:15 PM, sisslims29 said:

They should not be wasting people's time doing drug test if they are not going to be ready to start calling individuals after January then these same people would have to retake thr drug test again February, March, April whenever they start calling again. I haven't gotten called yet and not even in a rush with them since I did the 2 pre-employments (4600 & 7105) and 3 times drug tests.

I went in for pre-employment this past Tuesday and while waiting for my drug test met a guy who was taking his third drug test. He was called up for the conductor exam.

On 11/28/2018 at 7:20 PM, Poppy1991 said:

Don’t worry they’ll contact you sooner than you think. I know a couple people and including myself, who have been contacted within less than two weeks. I did my pre employment last week Wednesday and received an email on Monday, to report to 180th for the (BOSS) next week.

I got that email today too. I'll have to see if they can accommodate me because I can't afford to take mornings off willy-nilly to get there by 10am. Best I could probably do is 11am due to the nature of my job. Missing Tuesday for pre-employment is already going to screw with my paycheck next week. Was seriously NOT expecting MTA to be calling up people so early and with such frenzy that you spend literally 11-12 hours in an office all day waiting!

So I had called to reschedule for me to come back for pre employment of course they tell me to come the next day which I couldn't do, because of my current job (cant do last minute call outs) now with that being said. What should I do now? Just wait and reinstate my name or call again to see if they will let me come in. My list number is 4**

2 hours ago, Sb1914 said:

So I had called to reschedule for me to come back for pre employment of course they tell me to come the next day which I couldn't do, because of my current job (cant do last minute call outs) now with that being said. What should I do now? Just wait and reinstate my name or call again to see if they will let me come in. My list number is 4**

First, call again to see if they'll let you come in. If they tell you no, then you'll have to reinstate yourself, which you can do via email. Click here for the details.

Good luck!!

8 hours ago, SoSpectacular said:

I got that email today too. I'll have to see if they can accommodate me because I can't afford to take mornings off willy-nilly to get there by 10am. Best I could probably do is 11am due to the nature of my job. Missing Tuesday for pre-employment is already going to screw with my paycheck next week. Was seriously NOT expecting MTA to be calling up people so early and with such frenzy that you spend literally 11-12 hours in an office all day waiting!

I don’t see why they wouldn't. It suck at times when you only have one week or less to report. But hopefully everything works in your favor.

On 11/29/2018 at 7:13 PM, sisslims29 said:

Greg when you go in to do your medical ask when or the date for the training class.

51 minutes ago, cwing813 said:

I received a pre-employment letter today. i thought i will receive a call for email first before i get this letter...... may be i were wrong? list # 6xx

First, you get either a letter in the mail or via email. Next, when they're ready to continue with the pre-employment process, then you get the phone call.

HI so like I said before does anyone know how to update my mta info I change my number and need to update... some one told me email examsunit@nyct.com

how ever haven't heard from them is there a more better way were you actuially could be at peace an know that is actually done.

1 hour ago, Workaholic12 said:

HI so like I said before does anyone know how to update my mta info I change my number and need to update... some one told me email examsunit@nyct.com

how ever haven't heard from them is there a more better way were you actuially could be at peace an know that is actually done.

Mind I ask what exams you applied to so far? If it's just this one, the best thing to do is to email them and wait for a response during normal business hours...MyMTA is for current employees and those wishing to apply via a resume and cover letter.

5 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Mind I ask what exams you applied to so far? If it's just this one, the best thing to do is to email them and wait for a response during normal business hours...MyMTA is for current employees and those wishing to apply via a resume and cover letter.

And to follow up, if it is only your contaxt number that needs to be updated but your email address and mailing address are correct and remains the same then you should not stress. MTA often times contact you via mail and/or email. When you go in for your pre-employment then notice them of your new contact number(s).

Edited by sisslims29

On 12/1/2018 at 11:41 AM, Greg1029 said:

Got it👍

Greg, this just came to mind. If they do not have a class date set ask them whether you will have to come back in again to do a second drug and medical test again depending on when they do have a training date set. Let see what they say.

26 minutes ago, sisslims29 said:

Greg, this just came to mind. If they do not have a class date set ask them whether you will have to come back in again to do a second drug and medical test again depending on when they do have a training date set. Let see what they say.

Well this would be my 2nd drug test on Wednesday...also gotta go hearing, visual and EKG

3 minutes ago, Greg1029 said:

Well this would be my 2nd drug test on Wednesday...also gotta go hearing, visual and EKG

So they're going to have you complete the medical portion first. After medical, providing you're not placed on medical hold, then they will have you complete the second drug test.

This makes sense in the event you're put on medical hold for whatever reason.

The next step after this will be final processing, that's when they will give you a date for Zerega.