B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

34 minutes ago, London bridge is said:

Does amnyone know when 180 livingston closes . need admission letter for exam 9604

First, if you can kindly follow the guidelines and post in the relevant thread/topic, it would be appreciated. However, if you insist, according to the second page of this Notice of Examination, the Exam Information Center is open Monday thru Friday 9 AM to 3 PM in the lobby of 180 Livingston Street in Downtown Brooklyn. However, like @sisslims29 said below, if you remember the location and time of your exam, just tell the security officers that you don't have a letter. They will allow you to go into the lobby and they'll give you a duplicate letter.

14 minutes ago, sisslims29 said:

You dont need the letter. When you go there you will tell them you dont have the letter at the front desk and they will take it from there.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Db24 said:

I just got called for the final processing to go next week. In the email it says they are considering me for The January 7th class

Congratulations db24 and poppy1991! I went for premployment on the 27th of November,  list in the 500s waiting for nyct to contact me. 

3 hours ago, Db24 said:

I just got called for the final processing to go next week. In the email it says they are considering me for The January 7th class

1 hour ago, Poppy1991 said:

Me too! This process didn’t take long at all. 

That's pretty quick. It's going to be a while before they get to me. January 7th? Not bad.

10 minutes ago, Boom7180 said:

Congratulations db24 and poppy1991! I went for premployment on the 27th of November,  list in the 500s waiting for nyct to contact me. 

I was there that same day too. Longest day of my life. 

1 hour ago, SoSpectacular said:

That's pretty quick. It's going to be a while before they get to me. January 7th? Not bad.

I was there that same day too. Longest day of my life. 

Exactly what I’m saying... if they keep moving like this, you’ll be in there in no time. Just remember, you’re going to have more days like your first, long as hell lol

15 hours ago, cwing813 said:

i just want to know whats that "homework" for, the pouch that given by them when you attend the pre-employment. why we need to fill out all the info again?

The "homework" is your CPD-B, which is your Comprehensive Personnel Document. Keep in mind that, unlike MTA Bus Company and/or MaBSTOA, this is a civil service position. Therefore, this is required for all newly appointed city employees. Even those who are hired by other agencies (NYPD, FDNY, NYC DOT, etc.) have to fill out something very similar - it might be online, instead of the old-fashioned papers, but in the long run it's the same thing.

In addition, the CPD-B and your pre-employment application must match. If not, you will get grilled during final processing. Trust me, you will!!

By the way, in the event you mess up for whatever reason, the document can be found online by clicking here.

10 hours ago, +Young+ said:

The "homework" is your CPD-B, which is your Comprehensive Personnel Document. Keep in mind that, unlike MTA Bus Company and/or MaBSTOA, this is a civil service position. Therefore, this is required for all newly appointed city employees. Even those who are hired by other agencies (NYPD, FDNY, NYC DOT, etc.) have to fill out something very similar - it might be online, instead of the old-fashioned papers, but in the long run it's the same thing.

In addition, the CPD-B and your pre-employment application must match. If not, you will get grilled during final processing. Trust me, you will!!

By the way, in the event you mess up for whatever reason, the document can be found online by clicking here.

Thank you Young.

7 hours ago, New2this said:

If I was to back out after medical would that disqualify me or can I reinstate myself to the list later on.

You can reinstate yourself to the list later on; just note that the medical and pre-employment paperwork are good for 90 calendar days. After these 90 days, you will have to start from scratch.