Jump to content

Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
+Young+

Bus Operator (TA) Exam 7612

+Young+

Attention Folks:

The list for this exam has been published as of October 17th, 2018. To view your list number, click here and type either "7612" or your last name in the search box on the top right followed by "enter" to view your results.

In addition, here is the Notice of Examination for this specific exam in case anyone needs this for future reference.

Good luck and please do not forget to keep us posted!!

Message added by +Young+

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SoSpectacular said:

Any updates from anyone since last week? Seems like the thread died.

One word: patience. There are other pinned topics/threads that haven't seen activity for weeks, months, etc.

Also, as per the guidelines, please refrain from "bumping" this topic.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Db24 said:

I am officially in the Jan 7th class i have to report to zerega that day

Oh nice. They're starting people up now. Trying to line everything up for when they get to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know do we need to provide our family doctor information  when doing full medical?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Moussy said:

Anyone know do we need to provide our family doctor information  when doing full medical?

No. When you initially go for medical, you'll be completing a questionnaire on the computer. If you answer "yes" to anything then you'll need clearance from either your family doctor or a specialist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, my list number is 7* for exam number 7612. When i call DCAS they say im on an outstanding certification list, any idea what this could mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Merk said:

Hey guys, my list number is 7* for exam number 7612. When i call DCAS they say im on an outstanding certification list, any idea what this could mean?

Being on a upstanding certification with DCAS means they got to your list number and you should recieve a call soon. Congrats and goodluck ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2019 at 8:25 AM, +Young+ said:

No. When you initially go for medical, you'll be completing a questionnaire on the computer. If you answer "yes" to anything then you'll need clearance from either your family doctor or a specialist.

Thank you so much for answering 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bacardi23 said:

Is there an automated number to call to see where the list number is up to?

 

Yeah I want to know the same thing as well .. every time I call the dcas number and follow the steps to see what’s going on the number hangs up on me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bacardi23 said:

Is there an automated number to call to see where the list number is up to?

 

212-669-1357

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bsalick1992 said:

Yeah I want to know the same thing as well .. every time I call the dcas number and follow the steps to see what’s going on the number hangs up on me 

Try again in a few, it does that sometimes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Random question if i start as a B/O and 2 months in they call me for T/O will i be able to switch or is there a time period i will have to wait before i change titles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Moussy said:

Thank you so much for answering 

You're welcome.

6 hours ago, Bsalick1992 said:

Yeah I want to know the same thing as well .. every time I call the dcas number and follow the steps to see what’s going on the number hangs up on me 

Keep in mind that this is usually updated the first Sunday evening of every month, therefore, depending on how the calendar falls, if there are three Mondays, such as April 2019, July 2019, September 2019 & December 2019, and if they have a class on the 1st day of the month, followed by the 15th day and the 29th day (or the 2nd day of the month, followed by the 16th and the 30th), the DCAS automated system will not be updated for every class, respectively.

4 hours ago, Jsmooth174 said:

Random question if i start as a B/O and 2 months in they call me for T/O will i be able to switch or is there a time period i will have to wait before i change titles?

If you switch, it'll be very risky since you'll have to resign as a Bus Operator and you won't be able to go back. If I was you, complete your probationary period as a B/O and you can always restore your name to the list for the T/O position.

2 hours ago, Merk said:

Is there a way we can find out how big the first class will be?

IMHO, no, since the class can be a mixture of TA, OA and BC or it could be OA and BC only or something to that nature, depending on the needs of the agency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wats up my drivers, so I need help!!! This has really been bugging me . So I got a bs ticket for using my gps on 3/08/2017 how ever I was found guilty on 01/3/2019!!!! Which one is the date mat looks at As far as ticket falling off??.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Workaholic12 said:

Wats up my drivers, so I need help!!! This has really been bugging me . So I got a bs ticket for using my gps on 3/08/2017 how ever I was found guilty on 01/3/2019!!!! Which one is the date mat looks at As far as ticket falling off??.

It's the date of offense. However, if you stay clean and if you don't get any more tickets, in addition to having maximum four points and no more than two accidents, they will still let you proceed.

Edited by +Young+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im getting a bit nervous because the first class starts on January 7th. My list number is within the first 100 however i haven't recieved a call. Having such and earlier list number i was almost positive i wouldve received a call already. Any idea when is the latest you can recieve a call for the upcoming class. When i call DCAS they say im on an outstanding certification. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn,  they gave  me 5 points.. How ever I took 9604 as well And my number is in the hight 2.6xx  for 7612 I just hope they take their time. And I will also take the following exam coming up!!!! My entry to the mta!! Is a mission I am determine to complete!! We are drivers!!!! Hauu hauu hauu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does a outstanding certification mean? That what it says I have when I call dcas and they don’t even tell you what number they are up too .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bsalick1992 said:

What does a outstanding certification mean? That what it says I have when I call dcas and they don’t even tell you what number they are up too..

To make a long story short: Your information, along with those who are also on "outstanding certification" is in the hands of the HR Dept. @ Livingston Street. They use this information to hire Bus Operators. Now when they decide to do this, since the (L) train shutdown is apparently not going to happen is another question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all. Just wondering if anyone heard anything about how the first class went or when the next one is? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2019 at 7:45 PM, Merk said:

Is there a way we can find out how big the first class will be?

I don't think we'll be able to find out that kind of information unless there's anyone currently in training who posts in here. I did see two training buses out of Jamaica in my neck of the woods the previous morning, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, cory sr said:

Hello all. Just wondering if anyone heard anything about how the first class went or when the next one is? 

According to the NYC Open Data Civil Service List Certification Page (type "07612" in the search box on the top right), things have been quiet, especially since the last time they requested the names of candidates from DCAS was back in November.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.