MARC Cars to be leased to LIRR

BreeddekalbL

here we go....

http://nypost.com/2017/07/16/new-trains-for-hamptons-crew-means-no-ac-for-lirr-riders/

why can't i have AC and yet the rich people can...

I heard about this on the news. Disgusting to pay almost $700,000 to rent cars with no AC. The Port Jefferson line definitely has its upper middle to upper class areas. If I lived in Forest Hills, I'd be fuming.

I heard about this on the news. Disgusting to pay almost $700,000 to rent cars with no AC. The Port Jefferson line definitely has its upper middle to upper class areas. If I lived in Forest Hills, I'd be fuming.

So lower class areas don't deserve AC...? 

Before you people go off about the lack of AC, consider the terms of the lease which say that LIRR cannot modify the MARC cars for any reason. That includes broken AC. The cars came with working AC from Maryland and I'd imagine there will be a swap of cars with MARC soon so they can be repaired by MARC shop forces. 

As the emperor  (I mean Marie Antoinette)  would say "Let them eat cake". The emperor does not care about the Port Jefferson riders (or their votes) as he feels that he could get away with anything The Montauk crowd provides him withe the grease (money) that he needs to fund his grandiose dream to become president some day despite the fact that most of the country find the Coast elites who are now running the show are anathema to their best interest.  He is under the impression that he will still get-re-elected no matter what next year. The emperor is so out of touch with reality as he is doing the same thing with the subways, The only time he does something is when his poll numbers start dropping precipitously and then he comes up with something that he hopes will placate the masses.

You are putting way, way too much thought into a simple AC failure.

Before you people go off about the lack of AC, consider the terms of the lease which say that LIRR cannot modify the MARC cars for any reason. That includes broken AC. The cars came with working AC from Maryland and I'd imagine there will be a swap of cars with MARC soon so they can be repaired by MARC shop forces. 

How could they come with working AC and several cars have broken AC?  That doesn't make any sense.  I also don't understand paying $700,000 to rent these things and they're a mess.  

How could they come with working AC and several cars have broken AC?  That doesn't make any sense.  I also don't understand paying $700,000 to rent these things and they're a mess.  

Simple the failure happened while on Long Island...

SEPTA had these same exact cars last year without a single problem.

Something doesn't add up.  For one these trains were built for SEPTA as opposed to the (MTA). Seems to be the main issue.

They were built for MARC, SEPTA leased them like MTA is leasing them now. They just liked the cars so much, they kept leasing them until this spring. 

Archived