LIRR Block Operator Trainee

woj88

How is the interview for this position btw? At the S & D orientation, the person said people who passed the exam will get an interview on the same day but we didn't. Instead we got Basic Training days scheduled for 2 weeks. Any tips/advice for the interview?

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, wstone17 said:

I just had my medical exam Wednesday of this week. I gave my job notice yesterday. Start date is April 18th 😀😀

Really? congrats! when did you do your interview and how many people were on medical btw? I did interview on 03/28/18 and I'm still waiting for an email/call.

Edited by Noob

1 minute ago, Tk0630 said:

What does the medical exam consist of?

1st part is with a physical therapist...climb into and out of a simulated train. Walk over a bench, on tracks and 3 steps on a 2x4. Simple

2nd part is with a nurse. Height weight BP vision and hearing

3rd part is with a doctor. Check your heart, lungs, check for hernias, reflexes and make sure you have no back/shoulder injuries. I might be forgetting some but I think that was it.

2 minutes ago, Noob said:

Really? congrats! when did you do your interview and how many people were on medical btw? I did it on 03/28/18 and I'm still waiting for an email/call.

Thanks! I also had my interview on 3/28 and saw 2 other guys there. At the medical I saw 1 other. I went Tuesday but couldn't pass the vision so I had to get glasses. I passed the next day.

From what I heard from basic training and interview, they gonna pick people and I was wondering if all people got selected or not. So there were only 3 or 4 people at medical?

Edited by Noob

1 minute ago, Noob said:

From what I heard from basic training and interview, they gonna pick people and I was wondering if all people got selected or not. So there were only 3 or 4 people at medical?

I only saw 1 other guy at the medical office. He was leaving as I was filling out paperwork. Did u receive an offer of employment? I got an email with one after basic skills class. I wasn' sure if all 12 were getting one or only 8 of us. I was offered employment as long as I passed the interview, medical exam and completed paperwork. 

2 minutes ago, wstone17 said:

I only saw 1 other guy at the medical office. He was leaving as I was filling out paperwork. Did u receive an offer of employment? I got an email with one after basic skills class. I wasn' sure if all 12 were getting one or only 8 of us. I was offered employment as long as I passed the interview, medical exam and completed paperwork. 

No I didn't get any emails regarding an offer of employment. I only received an email and call for the interview date. Does that mean I'm not considered for hire? :/

3 minutes ago, Noob said:

No I didn't get any emails regarding an offer of employment. I only received an email and call for the interview date. Does that mean I'm not considered for hire? :/

Did you do a background check with sterling? Maybe they really only chose 8 people. Other 4 will be on a list.

2 minutes ago, wstone17 said:

Did you do a background check with sterling? Maybe they really only chose 8 people. Other 4 will be on a list.

No I didn't. when did you do the background check? I only went for an interview on 28th and the lady said they will let me know on Monday but i haven't received any emails. I recently had to send my DD214 (military document) to the lady on Wednesday.

12 minutes ago, Noob said:

No I didn't. when did you do the background check? I only went for an interview on 28th and the lady said they will let me know on Monday but i haven't received any emails. I recently had to send my DD214 (military document) to the lady on Wednesday.

I just looked in my emails...looks like I received the site for the background check on March 16th. About a month before the class. Seems right cuz my coworker just received his the other day for asst conductor and his class is in like 5-6 weeks

17 minutes ago, wstone17 said:

I just looked in my emails...looks like I received the site for the background check on March 16th. About a month before the class. Seems right cuz my coworker just received his the other day for asst conductor and his class is in like 5-6 weeks

I didn't receive any emails about background check. I guess they already picked all 8 people before the interview...I hope I can get into the next class.

3 minutes ago, Noob said:

I didn't receive any emails about background check. I guess they already picked all 8 people before the interview...I hope I can get into the next class.

I guess so. Hopefully there is another one this year. Keep studying and keep applying.

3 minutes ago, wstone17 said:

I guess so. Hopefully there is another one this year. Keep studying and keep applying.

I dont mind going into the next class as long as they dont put me out of the hiring list. We passed everything including basic skill after S & D exam.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, wstone17 said:

Out of 8, 5 of us passed. The other 3 are re-taking the book of rules final tomorrow.

@wstone17 Wow. Everybody gonna pass i think. Thats a great news! By the way, do you when the next class gonna start? I heard around September or so.

18 hours ago, Noob said:

@wstone17 Wow. Everybody gonna pass i think. Thats a great news! By the way, do you when the next class gonna start? I heard around September or so.

The other 3 guys all passed today. I think Linda may have said sometime between August and October. I'm not sure tho

3 hours ago, wstone17 said:

The other 3 guys all passed today. I think Linda may have said sometime between August and October. I'm not sure tho

@wstone17 Nice! Congrats to you and 7 other people!! So between August and October? Damn. Waiting is killing me but im happy as long as I get in. In your classroom, were they all same people from basic training from back in February?

22 hours ago, Noob said:

@wstone17 Nice! Congrats to you and 7 other people!! So between August and October? Damn. Waiting is killing me but im happy as long as I get in. In your classroom, were they all same people from basic training from back in February?

Yea. All 8 were from basic skills