Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
woj88

LIRR Block Operator Trainee

@wstone17 ohh ok, i see. I hope 4 of us who didnt make it to class on April goes to the next upcoming class. I still remember S & D materials.

is anybody here who went to the 01/25/2018 orientation finished with everything? If so, did HR tell you when the next class is?

Edited by Noob

4 hours ago, Noob said:

is anybody here who went to the 01/25/2018 orientation finished with everything? If so, did HR tell you when the next class is?

I was told 2 weeks ago that they're hiring 8 more Block Operators. I looked at the roster and the hire dates are mostly April and August so maybe something soon for u guys...BTW half of us aren't posting yet. Just observing at director towers

16 hours ago, wstone17 said:

I was told 2 weeks ago that they're hiring 8 more Block Operators. I looked at the roster and the hire dates are mostly April and August so maybe something soon for u guys...BTW half of us aren't posting yet. Just observing at director towers

@wstone17 oh really? that's great news!! btw how's the observation looking like? is it the job super busy?

8 hours ago, Noob said:

@wstone17 oh really? that's great news!! btw how's the observation looking like? is it the job super busy?

Depends which tower we're working. The 4 block towers have less traffic than the director towers. I've been in queens tower for a few weeks. Its pretty busy but we have to post the 4 block towers before we get to post the director towers. So with time comes experience. Just have to stay on your toes!

@wstone17 I can't wait till i start working. I'm still waiting on background check or medical email. Do you know if everybody receives that background check email before getting medical email?

Edited by Noob

23 hours ago, Noob said:

@wstone17 I can't wait till i start working. I'm still waiting on background check or medical email. Do you know if everybody receives that background check email before getting medical email?

Background check was first then medical

@wstone17 and do you know if everybody receives the background check email? I don't really have anything on my background except my military service and the companies I worked for.

Edited by Noob

6 hours ago, Noob said:

@wstone17 and do you know if everybody receives the background check email? I don't really have anything on my background except my military service and the companies I worked for.

I'm sure everyone does. Once u receive that and the medical you are basically hired as long as everything goes well 😁

@wstone17 ahh ok I see. I hope I get something by next month or so. It's been almost exactly 4 months since I did an interview and have been waiting since then.

So there might be a class around early 2019. Is there anyone else waiting for a class to start (Book of Rules)?

ok so I got an email to do the aptitude test for the block operator trainee position (postponed because of this corona virus bullshit) but can somebody tell me how long the process takes after I take that test?