Times Square Rampage Spurs Talks of 7th Avenue Car Ban

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/times-square-crash-car-ban-7th-avenue.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_NYBrand

no it's a stupid idea  even if you pedestrianize all of TSQ u will have someone who will still want to do this, 

obviously i feel they should rip up the whole plaza

Nah, its a good idea. There's way too little room for all the pedestrians there as set up currently. Kicking cars out would help with that.

If the plaza had the proper bollards, that car would have never hit anyone.

Nah, its a good idea. There's way too little room for all the pedestrians there as set up currently. Kicking cars out would help with that.

If the plaza had the proper bollards, that car would have never hit anyone.

I disagree.  There's wayyy too little room because of those stupid pedestrian plazas that seems to be only used by the homeless these days.  Where is the traffic supposed to go?  All you're doing is moving traffic from one area and making other areas even more congested.  De Blasio is an idiot. He talks about how congestion above ground is hell, and how he is going to come out with a plan to address it, so let's see it.  It would be one thing if the plazas were being utilized, but taking monies that could be used for more important things and sinking them into plazas that are being overrun by homeless people is just crazy on so many levels.  

I disagree.  There's wayyy too little room because of those stupid pedestrian plazas that seems to be only used by the homeless these days.  Where is the traffic supposed to go?  All you're doing is moving traffic from one area and making other areas even more congested.  De Blasio is an idiot. He talks about how congestion above ground is hell, and how he is going to come out with a plan to address it, so let's see it.  It would be one thing if the plazas were being utilized, but taking monies that could be used for more important things and sinking them into plazas that are being overrun by homeless people is just crazy on so many levels.  

vg and i agree the plazas are being utilized for the wrong thing such as the homeless and the fact it's a haven for you to get hustled by the prostitutes and your creepy and drunked characters

I don't understand why the chairs in the pedestrian plazas are not bolted down (at least the ones near TSQ). I see homeless people bringign the chairs over to those LinkNYC kiosks to do god knows what on them. The chairs seem like a real safety hazard. Just wait until someone attacks someone else with a chair and sues the city. Then they will suddenly disappear.

I don't understand why the chairs in the pedestrian plazas are not bolted down (at least the ones near TSQ). I see homeless people bringign the chairs over to those LinkNYC kiosks to do god knows what on them. The chairs seem like a real safety hazard. Just wait until someone attacks someone else with a chair and sues the city. Then they will suddenly disappear.

Either that or they take a bunch of chairs and line them up like they're a bed and pass out on them. The public isn't getting any real use out of those plazas and that's the main reason that they should be removed in certain areas. I used to use a few of them down by 23rd when they first came out, but I wouldn't do that now.

Either that or they take a bunch of chairs and line them up like they're a bed and pass out on them. The public isn't getting any real use out of those plazas and that's the main reason that they should be removed in certain areas. I used to use a few of them down by 23rd when they first came out, but I wouldn't do that now.

100% agree

Another example of the politicians blaming the majority of us for their own failure to resolve the problem . If these grandstanding camera hungry, publicity hounds and,holier than thou "leaders" would finally do what they have not been doing for the past 40 years and face the reality that some individuals are dangers to themselves and society, we would be a lot better off today. Again, I recommend the E.Fuller Torrey book "American Psychosis" which details how this problem began and how the present solutions will never work.

Our society has become one where the vast majority of our peace loving, law abiding citizens have become the problem and therefore we hear from our esteemed leaders  who state the mantra that is a need for more rules and regulations to be placed upon them. The end result is that more is better and therefore we must be strangled by more rules and more rules until we have no freedom whatsoever..

Archived