Future of third ave bus line BX15?

jolusoji

Lawd...... You all are are NOT about to bate me into a Bx15 conversation before my State of The MTA address is due.... But I will say this, the Bx15 is the only true 125th crosstown and it's not going anywhere... Only more short turns needed are to and from the hub in BOTH directions. If that is implemented correctly all will be ok... FYI OF needs to run some of these short turns during rush hours.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that is for sure, lane enforcement should be on the Bx15 route like yesterday.  In all the years when I was in NYC, there never seemed to be very much of that.  Also they should probably have fare collection boxes at every stop on this particular route, and have a special Eagle team (weekdays omnipresent) on this route, especially at Tremont and 169th Streets.  I'm not necessarily calling for an SBS on this route because of the Manhattan portion of the route as it is the only true 125th Street crosstown, (something a simple M4 / M100 switch of routes would solve) but that is something preferred.

The SBS feature to me that most improved the Bx41 is the traffic lane setup on Webster between the Park Avenue overpass and Gun Hill Road, and even though 3rd Avenue has some bus lanes on it, it is not consistently there on the entire street.  The other option would be to make 3rd Avenue a northbound street, which means enforcement also on Washington since it would be the southbound street.

Archived