Q35 Erratic Service and Over Crowding

nuyorican

I wrote to my contact at the MTA about summer Q35 service and this is what she wrote back.

"The Summer of 2016, (7) additional buses were added to Saturday scheduled service and, (4) buses were added on Sunday. This will follow suit in 2017."

I got a half page in today's Queens Chronicle describing my trip to the beach last Sunday on the Q53.

http://m.qchron.com/mobile/article_c9144508-c9ec-52a9-b05d-f374ba5c093a.html

I guess this year they didn't bother with a press release LOL

Is the Q35 the only Far Rock beach route the suffers over crowding?

Don't know what you mean by "Far Rock beach route".....

If "buses service Rockaway beach" is what's meant, then no, the Q53 is notorious for beach crowds. Havent really seen the Beach crowd for the Q52 myself to know. The Q22 sees its fair share between Riis Park and the subway at 116th st

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Is the Q35 the only Far Rock beach route the suffers over crowding?

Don't know what you mean by "Far Rock beach route".....

If "buses service Rockaway beach" is what's meant, then no, the Q53 is notorious for beach crowds. Havent really seen the Beach crowd for the Q52 myself to know. The Q22 sees its fair share between Riis Park and the subway at 116th st

Q52 is less crowded than Q53, but on Sunday one Q52 was also too crowded to pick up in Howard Beach. Going home the Q53 driver stopped to let about ten people in the back door in Broad Channel. Bet they were waiting an hour or so and the driver felt sorry for them.

Archived