Updated NYMTA Depot Roster (6/17/17)

The Real

Just as a spoiler, Grand Avenue is officially now assigned 6109, 6111, and 6113. They are at the vender undergoing pre-delivery check.

Only real news from The Real and East New York. Since 1998, and 2008 respectively. Thank you! Carry on.....

Thank you for the update!

I don't mean to be rude but 5531 isn't listed at KB and 5621 isn't at TU as well at TU with the M14D.

According to my records 5531 was retired Friday and 5621 today. And the M14 isn't a split run, which is not assigned to the depot. OH just has trippers on the route. This is done throughout the city in all 5 boroughs. Tripper runs are usually always during rush periods. However on this particular route it's not even necessary scheduled trippers. OH just helps out on the route.

(Also Posted in Transfers & Moves)

Ok ladies and gentlemen. MTA has just thrown me for a loop again. They are now considering sending Grand some D60HF's for the shuttle work, and FP which has most of the work is severely short on buses, and apparently MTA has no idea what they are going to do about that and only have 6 days to decide. Now they are going through a last minute crisis scenario....

6103, 6111, and 6113 in the meanwhile are being reassigned to OH. There is no final word on what exactly will happen. At this point Grand may only get half the buses they were first planned. Now this is all as of right now. This morning at my time of posting all 3 buses were in fact assigned to Grand, after I got this emergency notice I looked into the database and not only are they now assigned to OH, but effective immediately, all 3 of them are set to now be diverted to OH today.

I don't know what the hell is going on, but I was told it's just beginning...

Ok ladies and gentlemen. MTA has just thrown me for a loop again. They are now considering sending Grand some D60HF's for the shuttle work, and FP which has most of the work is severely short on buses, and apparently MTA has no idea what they are going to do about that and only have 6 days to decide. Now they are going through a last minute crisis scenario....

6103, 6111, and 6113 in the meanwhile are being reassigned to OH. There is no final word on what exactly will happen. At this point Grand may only get half the buses they were first planned. Now this is all as of right now. This morning at my time of posting all 3 buses were in fact assigned to Grand, after I got this emergency notice I looked into the database and not only are they now assigned to OH, but effective immediately, all 3 of them are set to now be diverted to OH today.

So how does a garage end up with a severe shortage of buses without the higher ups noticing?

I can't say I didn't see that coming....

So how does a garage end up with a severe shortage of buses without the higher ups noticing?

I'd like to know too. You'd think that they'd be shuffling anything they've got available to FP. 

...I'd like to know too. You'd think that they'd be shuffling anything they've got available to FP.

You'd think that the people responsible for fleet management would keep more accurate records and submit accurate reports, but maybe I'm just too naïve.

I'd like to know too. You'd think that they'd be shuffling anything they've got available to FP.

If GA was only getting new XD60's for shuttle work then I don't blame them for just giving them some old buses. Those newer buses can go elsewhere and be used where they are really needed.

MTA knows there is a fleet shortage lol. Come on now, clearly I wouldn't be posting what I did if they didn't know. The thing is they have a lot of alder buses that need preventive maintenance and scheduled maintenance. They also have at least 5 buses in the shop at Grand or at the vender in the shop getting warranty work done.

The only place the buses are needed is at OH which has a large fleet of D60's. The thing is in MTA's original plans they figured they would try to appease some customers and put new buses with WiFi and chargers on the shuttle, while others would like for them to go to Lexington Avenue and 14th street. Since Qill doesn't have any Xcelsiors and hardly any, (if any at all) drivers or mechanics are trained on them, the only logical place is OH.

I mean literally moments before The Real made his post I checked the roster and noticed 3 busses assigned straight from the vendor. Then all of a sudden Monday morning MTA decides they want to change things and send them to OH. Now after looking into some things I realize that not only is the shuttle still 5 days away, so they don't need them right now, (at least not 3).

Tuskegee has at least 6 artics in the shop and a few others out of service. So I made another call and even though they have a few days for the final decision, the verdict is that OH needs them now! They could all still go to Grand for the shuttle still. The could be implemented after the rout starts, or the could use D60's or a combination of both. Flatbush has work on the route with LFSA's from what I'm am being told at this hour. Remember these things are developing by the minute and this is as of 2am. Nothing is set in stone withe XD60's though.

With that being said 6107 to OH.

Don't worry about it.  And I address this to everybody.  It's not July 1 yet.  The M line GO and new pick for the operators hasn't started yet.  By the time July 1 comes, FP will have enough buses (as will the other depots involved) for the shuttle work as the drivers in that depot picked most of the bus shuttle jobs because when NYCT designed the pick, they put most of those jobs there.

Archived