Countdown clocks are active on the R line

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The slowest.....train.....on......earth.....finally....gets....countdown....clocks.... The people that use that line should throw a cocktail party or something. Celebrate!  :lol:

GTFS data has been available for (N)(Q)(R)(W) lines since January.

I posted a screenshot of it not long after my remarks about not knowing that Second Ave Subway = SAS.

Partial GTFS data is available for (B)(D) trains, but not in Brooklyn, where it seemed static.

I might have already mentioned it, but an engineer I was talking to while a family was being pryed out of a dead elevator at Grand Central told me that CBTC is implemented and in use on half the Flushing.

I remember one end point being Woodside - 61st Street, but I'm not sure if he said Willets Point Bl or the Hudson Yards station.

Have you guys heard anything like that?

Yes, I saw the countdown clocks at Lawrence Street yesterday on my way back from doing my  double red cell donation. What I thought was interesting was the sign said that the next train scheduled was headed for 71st Avenue but the first train that arrived (which was listed under the 71st Avenue train) was the one headed for 95th Street.

The countdown clocks are now in service on the B/44 Select bus service and while the Avenue X stop has it northbound only, the B/36 is listed there as well.

If you mean Brighton Beach, that basically means I can figure out whether I should get off the Manhattan-bound (Q) or not by sticking my head outside?

Ok, sorry I didn't clarify. I meant that the Brighton Line has countdown clocks now. They're not active yet tho

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

You're better off waiting at Sheepshead Bay.

Of course :rolleyes:

Ok, sorry I didn't clarify. I meant that the Brighton Line has countdown clocks now. They're not active yet tho

Good. Now I can figure out whether to get off at Church Avenue for the (B). It probably won’t help with knowing whether there is another (Q) up ahead though.

Yes, I saw the countdown clocks at Lawrence Street yesterday on my way back from doing my double red cell donation. What I thought was interesting was the sign said that the next train scheduled was headed for 71st Avenue but the first train that arrived (which was listed under the 71st Avenue train) was the one headed for 95th Street.

The countdown clocks are now in service on the B/44 Select bus service and while the Avenue X stop has it northbound only, the B/36 is listed there as well.

Same thing happens with Forest Hills bound (R) trains. The display will show 4 minutes the entire time that the train is moving thru the Montague tube, then jumps to 0 minutes as the train pulls in. Must not be sensors in Montague

Same thing happens with Forest Hills bound (R) trains. The display will show 4 minutes the entire time that the train is moving thru the Montague tube, then jumps to 0 minutes as the train pulls in. Must not be sensors in Montague

Sounds like a bug?

What does the Bluetooth transmitter transmit exactly? How much of the information in Train time is manipulated?

Today I saw an (E) Train Signed to 179th Street , in the Train time app it said (E) to Jamaica Center 0 Mins.

similarly, I often see an uneven number of trains listed in either direction, such as the next 4 trains in one direction but only 2 trains in the other during rush hour, when there are certainly more than 4 trains running in both directions. I don't know if it 's a programming issue or something else. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using the countdown feature on the (MTA) website when I'm not near one of those countdown clocks. It still needs to improve. If I click on the (1), shows me ALL of the damn lines at the station.  I want to see the trains coming ONLY for the line I select, and it should refresh itself.  You can't refresh it without going through the whole selection again.  <_< It's nice to see if there's say three or four trains coming at once when there's huge crowds.  

Archived