Countdown clocks are active on the R line

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On August 30, 2017 at 3:30 PM, Lance said:

Since the MTA is actually keeping with the original schedule posted, here is the timetable for the rest of the lines. The sections are based on what stations are currently offline at the moment and the number of stations posted for line in the original MTA post.

(7) - 12/2017

(A) - 8th Avenue+Lefferts+Rockaways 12/2017

(B) - Concourse - 10/2017

(C) - Live

(D) - West End - 11/2017

(E)Live

(F) - Culver+Queens Blvd+Rutgers - 11/2017

(G)Live

(J) - Jamaica - 11/2017

(L)Live

(M) - 6th Avenue+Myrtle Ave - 09/2017

(N) - Astoria+Sea Beach+Canal St (bridge platform) - 09/2017

(Q) - Brighton - 10/2017

(R)Live

(W)See (N)

(Z)See (J)

(S) - Franklin Ave - 12/2017

(SIR) - Live

They missed the (N).

On 8/7/2017 at 8:43 PM, HenryB said:

Hey guys~ I used the links you guys provided here and start creating an unofficial subway time site for unreleased lines. I tried with (N) first and here is the result: http://nycsubwaytime.byethost12.com/n.html

The problem is that the official subway time site (http://apps.mta.info/traintime3/) is down today. So none of the stations works now, not even the stations shared with (R) that suppose to work....  :mellow:

After your attempt to redo the subwaytime website, I thought I'd try to redo the subwaytime site myself, but much lighter weight and simpler than what the MTA came up with.  http://tinymta.us.to/

On 8/30/2017 at 3:30 PM, Lance said:

Since the MTA is actually keeping with the original schedule posted, here is the timetable for the rest of the lines. The sections are based on what stations are currently offline at the moment and the number of stations posted for line in the original MTA post.

(7) - 12/2017

(C) - Live

(D) - West End - 11/2017

(E)Live

(F) - Culver+Queens Blvd+Rutgers - 11/2017

(G)Live

(J) - Jamaica - 11/2017

(L)Live

(M) - 6th Avenue+Myrtle Ave - 09/2017

(N) - Astoria+Sea Beach+Canal St (bridge platform) - 09/2017

(Q) - Brighton - 10/2017

(R)Live

(W)See (N)

(Z)See (J)

(SIR) - Live

So wait... (7) doesn't have countdown clocks?

Has anyone noticed that rerouted (F) trains during this weekend's GO (And on previous weekends) don't show up on Broadway/4 Av Line countdown clocks at all, either on the app or live? Which is really weird since they show up on the Queens Blvd countdown clocks just fine, and rerouted (D) trains are listed at each station on the 8 Av and Smith St lines normally.

Also, since these don't seem to have been mentioned in the thread:

19yMiO0h.png

At Jamaica Line stations, on the app (M) trains are shown under the wrong categories - Forest Hills-bound trains are listed under "uptown" and Metropolitan Av-bound trains under "downtown", apparently due to its u-shaped route not being taken into account.

MdWDT5r.jpg

I was at Atlantic Av on the Brighton Line Tuesday, and the countdown clock was showing arrivals times, but I was there Thursday too and then it was just showing the same old PSAs. I tweaked the lighting in the picture to better show the countdown clock. 

16 minutes ago, Mysterious2train said:

Has anyone noticed that rerouted (F) trains during this weekend's GO (And on previous weekends) don't show up on Broadway/4 Av Line countdown clocks at all, either on the app or live? Which is really weird since they show up on the Queens Blvd countdown clocks just fine, and rerouted (D) trains are listed at each station on the 8 Av and Smith St lines normally.

Also, since these don't seem to have been mentioned in the thread:

19yMiO0h.png

At Jamaica Line stations, on the app (M) trains are shown under the wrong categories - Forest Hills-bound trains are listed under "uptown" and Metropolitan Av-bound trains under "downtown", apparently due to its u-shaped route not being taken into account.

Forest Hills Bound (M) Trains are actually considered Northbound/Uptown Direction so it's really not an error at all.

43 minutes ago, Daniel The Cool said:

Forest Hills Bound (M) Trains are actually considered Northbound/Uptown Direction so it's really not an error at all.

It might not be technically wrong but I can imagine it being confusing to the average rider and it doesn't match the actual physical service. 

As much as I find it annoying, it does match the overall physical service. The going to Forest Hills is North and the train going to Metro is south.

Personally I like someone's suggestion I saw once of treating it like a circle line.

Forest Hills is the "Clockwise terminal" and Metro is the "counterclockwise terminal". 

5 hours ago, Mysterious2train said:

MdWDT5r.jpg

I was at Atlantic Av on the Brighton Line Tuesday, and the countdown clock was showing arrivals times, but I was there Thursday too and then it was just showing the same old PSAs. I tweaked the lighting in the picture to better show the countdown clock. 

Hmmm, I guess the (B) and (Q) clocks will be going live soon. Tuesday must have been the test period.

I've noticed that for stations and lines that are about to come online, the station names will show as they do normally.

kTHpSpd.png

For lines that are not ready, the station name portion is blank

ceM6GT6.png

By the way, the latter station is Avenue P on the Culver line

On 8/30/2017 at 3:30 PM, Lance said:

(7) - 12/2017

(D) - West End - 11/2017

(F) - Culver+Rutgers+Hillside Av - 11/2017

(J) - Jamaica - 11/2017

(N) - Sea Beach+Canal St (bridge platform) - ?????

(Q) - Brighton - 10/2017

(Z)See (J)

I did process of elimination

(1) (2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(C)(E)(G)(M)(R) (W)(S) 42 Street Shuttle and the (SIR) as we all know are live

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, N6 Limited said:

I Checked the (N)/(Q) Canal Street times and it's only showing the (R) and(W) .

It's another case of linking to the wrong station ID. Both the (N) and (Q) links are to Canal St are to the tunnel platforms (R23) and not the Bridge platforms (Q01). This also happens on the (M) at Court Square, which is incorrectly linked to the Crosstown platform.

4 hours ago, Lance said:

It's another case of linking to the wrong station ID. Both the (N) and (Q) links are to Canal St are to the tunnel platforms (R23) and not the Bridge platforms (Q01). This also happens on the (M) at Court Square, which is incorrectly linked to the Crosstown platform.

Shouldn't they merge the data from the Bridge and Tunnel Platforms at Canal St so that one can make an informed decision?

Archived