Countdown clocks are active on the R line

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Abba said:

It seems like they might be using Bluetooth for the 7.When I use subway time it first shows CBTC (which only shows scheduled times I believe) but then it seems to immediately switch over to the WiFi I hope to go to a station one day to test this .at first it only did this at the terminals now it does it for all stations .j had a feeling they might choose Bluetooth as that option vs waiting for CBTC to be completely active 

Does the immediately switching over to the WiFi only happen on (7) station listings?

I happened to catch the displays in action this morning at Grand Central (no pics because I was in a rush) and I noticed they actually do cycle through more than two arrivals at a time. It cycled through two arriving trains to Willets Point along with my train to the Hudson Yards. The two east-bound trains were properly displayed upon arriving at Grand Central, but the west-bound one was stuck at 2 minutes. Also, the displays are formatted in the same fashion as the new ones on the Canarsie line with white text on a black background.

4 hours ago, Lance said:

I happened to catch the displays in action this morning at Grand Central (no pics because I was in a rush) and I noticed they actually do cycle through more than two arrivals at a time. It cycled through two arriving trains to Willets Point along with my train to the Hudson Yards. The two east-bound trains were properly displayed upon arriving at Grand Central, but the west-bound one was stuck at 2 minutes. Also, the displays are formatted in the same fashion as the new ones on the Canarsie line with white text on a black background.

At Fifth Avenue, the formatting looked exactly like the formatting on the new B division clocks. In addition, they didn't display Queens-bound trains at all.

Archived