R160 on the (V)!!!!!!!!

R160

There is a thread in subchat about this (V) train,

http://www.subchat.com/readflat.asp?Id=690954

The R-160A/B's are programmed for all B Division routes thougth for every possable route. It is possable for a (V) train to go to Canarsie thougth. A (V) using the Chrystie Connection to the (J) line and than the track connection to the (L) line. It needs 8 cars to do that route. It is not going to happen thougth. Just a layup.

The R160's have been programmed so that they could run on any B Division line in the system. One time while on yard duty, I futzed with the settings and wound up setting the train for the (G) to Smith-9th Streets and then the Franklin Shuttle. Announcements and all, though the (S) announcements sounded like that chick who does the announcements on the (5). It's amazing the constructive things that can be done on break time. Sounds like the T/O on that train was doing a little experimenting as well.

Friday, as I was passing by, I saw a 160 on 21 track (next to the shop), and the end sign read (U). Side said not in service. Second trip, it was an F to to 179.

I don't know how they did that, as unused letters are unselectable. They must have been inside the sign software.

Possibly, most likely not. It was an employee that was just having fun. I've seen the "(V) to Canarsie" sign before.

this may sound stupid, but if I were to conductor (I will be :P next yr ) , if I were t put an IRT line on the IND/BMT R143/160A/B would it work? as well as the oppsite, or the IRT- IND/BMT are not programmed that way

this may sound stupid, but if I were to conductor (I will be :P next yr ) , if I were t put an IRT line on the IND/BMT R143/160A/B would it work? as well as the oppsite, or the IRT- IND/BMT are not programmed that way

Not being a (NYCT) employee, I don't know what the program is capable of regarding that, it wouldn't make sense to have their regular routes (i.e. (4) to Woodlawn, Lex Ave Lcl) programmed on an R-160 since it could never run on such a route. However, for GOs where BMT routes replace IRT routes and vice versa, programming each others routes for the alternative special service would be helpful. An example of this would be the (J) Shuttle which is replacing the (4) btwn Bklyn Bridge & Atlantic Ave. If R-160s were running this shuttle (which they're not), they should program them as...

4 | SHUTTLE

4 | ESSEX ST, MANHATTAN or PROSPECT PK

4 | VIA NASSAU ST

Definitely a layup. But what you are saying is that it had the program for (V) to Canarsie. Cool.

The (V) Might Be able To run in the East since it going East of Bway Juction the (L) is all El from Bway juction to Rkwy Pkwy R46 should fit. The Problem Spot was the Graham Av Turn so maybe it could happen one day with a Few Mods to the EL and the Stations who knows.

Not being a (NYCT) employee, I don't know what the program is capable of regarding that, it wouldn't make sense to have their regular routes (i.e. (4) to Woodlawn, Lex Ave Lcl) programmed on an R-160 since it could never run on such a route. However, for GOs where BMT routes replace IRT routes and vice versa, programming each others routes for the alternative special service would be helpful. An example of this would be the (J) Shuttle which is replacing the (4) btwn Bklyn Bridge & Atlantic Ave. If R-160s were running this shuttle (which they're not), they should program them as...

4 | SHUTTLE

4 | ESSEX ST, MANHATTAN or PROSPECT PK

4 | VIA NASSAU ST

your right, still seems better, but it would confuse the passengers if an IRT line like the (4) would run as a (J) but marked (4)

what does GO mean , mind telling:)

G.O. means General Order, which is the codename for all construction-related diversions. On the other hand, I think it would be interesting to take a look into the software for making the trunk lines & destinations for these NTTs. It'd be nice to see a (M) train with more than just Nassau St as a trunk designation.

your right, still seems better, but it would confuse the passengers if an IRT line like the (4) would run as a (J) but marked (4)

I don't know if it would be anymore confusing than it is to have them directed to a (J) train which normally doesn't run to Atlantic Ave or Prospect Park, let alone s/o Broad St or Chambers on weekends. It would be good to mark them as (4) to direct the inconvenienced customers to the right replacement for their usual (4) service.

G.O. means General Order, which is the codename for all construction-related diversions. On the other hand, I think it would be interesting to take a look into the software for making the trunk lines & destinations for these NTTs. It'd be nice to see a (M) train with more than just Nassau St as a trunk designation.

crap i forgot, thxx

@BwayBuffer- maybe they are programmed but locked somewhere on the system, i could be wrong again

Archived