The new MCI buses

Novabus 5000

Theres something else wrong with them too as I told by someone yesterday, but I forgot exactly what. And there are about 50-60 built and ready to go, with 40 (IIRC) of that number in Piscataway, NJ. And no, it has nothing to do with MCI's financial problems....

Theres something else wrong with them too as I told by someone yesterday, but I forgot exactly what. And there are about 50-60 built and ready to go, with 40 (IIRC) of that number in Piscataway, NJ. And no, it has nothing to do with MCI's financial problems....

Trevor mentioned it a while back...the buses need to have their tailpipes moved to the top because the exhaust to comply with clean air regulations is so hot that it would be a fire hazard.

The buses are fully licensed and registered, but cannot be used until they are fixed.

Trevor mentioned it a while back...the buses need to have their tailpipes moved to the top because the exhaust to comply with clean air regulations is so hot that it would be a fire hazard.

Correct. The filter system operates at ~700 degrees and is about 2 feet from the end of the tailpipe.

- A

Archived