Does the Mta Transit Authority still hire for car and station cleaners?

cterry1962

I've been trying to find out about employment as a Mta Car or Station cleaner, but haven't seen any tests. Is it a list i can put my name on?  I see groups of people in green vests working cleaning stations and train cars. Are they employees? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First of all, you're forgiven about making the duplicate thread. Instead of making another thread with your mistake, use the "report" button instead so myself or one of the other moderators can attend to your mistake. You won't get in trouble for doing this - other folks have done it. Again, don't worry about your initial mistake, we're all human.

Second, the folks in the green vests are not employees. Instead, they are in some type of program which I have no clue about...

As far as putting yourself on a list, I would suggest to send an email to examsunit@nyct.com and see what happens...

Good luck!!

First of all, you're forgiven about making the duplicate thread. Instead of making another thread with your mistake, use the "report" button instead so myself or one of the other moderators can attend to your mistake. You won't get in trouble for doing this - other folks have done it. Again, don't worry about your initial mistake, we're all human.

Second, the folks in the green vests are not employees. Instead, they are in some type of program which I have no clue about...

As far as putting yourself on a list, I would suggest to send an email to examsunit@nyct.com and see what happens...

Good luck!!

People in green vests are community service workers. We use to the WEP program, but that's been dismantled. They also wore green vests.

Station Supervisor

I've been trying to find out about employment as a Mta Car or Station cleaner, but haven't seen any tests. Is it a list i can put my name on? I see groups of people in green vests working cleaning stations and train cars. Are they employees? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As of now TA seems to be only hiring cleaners from other tests that Dont having openings for this jobs at the moment. So they offer folks cleaner jobs in the meantime. But there hasn't been an exam for station cleaners since 1993. Also they were hiring people whom were in the WEP program as cleaners. Also the cleaner job a is a promotional job for people whom work in the title of Traffic Checkers.

Station Supervisor

Archived