Why not also Staten Island Railroad forum ?

I love NY

I don't understand why this section is called Long Island Rail Road/Metro-North Railroad Forum and not Staten Island Railroad/Long Island Rail Road/Metro-North Railroad Forum. The SIR is an important railroad and it is in service 24/7 !!!

I don't understand why this section is called Long Island Rail Road/Metro-North Railroad Forum and not Staten Island Railroad/Long Island Rail Road/Metro-North Railroad Forum. The SIR is an important railroad and it is in service 24/7 !!!

Well, it may be important, but it's not really even in the same category. Technically being called a railroad or railway doesn't automatically put it next to the greats of LIRR and MNR. Very different from those services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it may be important, but it's not really even in the same category. Technically being called a railroad or railway doesn't automatically put it next to the greats of LIRR and MNR. Very different from those services.

OK, but why don't put a sub forum of the SIR in the New York City Subway section ? I think that it should be a great thing for this site!

The LIRR is not great.  Just drop them from the conversation. MNRR IS great.  :D

OK, but why don't put a sub forum of the SIR in the New York City Subway section ? I think that it should be a great thing for this site!

I don't disagree with that.

The LIRR is not great. Just drop them from the conversation. MNRR IS great. :D

Well at least it used to be imo. Maybe once ronkonkoma double track or main line third track or ESA is done, it will be once again.

I don't disagree with that.

Well at least it used to be imo. Maybe once ronkonkoma double track or main line third track or ESA is done, it will be once again.

Make LIRR Great Again!

#MLIRRGA

Seriously though, the SIR is a railroad in regulation only. Its cars, operations style and board committee is all NYCT. What it should be is NYC Subway/SIRT forum, and leave the 2 real RRs alone. 

LIRR will be great when it starts to realize that not everybody travels to Manhattan.

I don't understand why this section is called Long Island Rail Road/Metro-North Railroad Forum and not Staten Island Railroad/Long Island Rail Road/Metro-North Railroad Forum. The SIR is an important railroad and it is in service 24/7 !!!

When people think of SIR, it has characteristics of a subway rather than a commuter rail (R44/stations)

Anything in regards of the Staten Island Railway can be posted in the MTA Railroads section. There's a North Shore Rail Discussion there for a reason.

The North Shore Rail Discussion and a possible official SIR forum are 2 different things. And thus why the section is called  Long Island Rail Road/Metro-North Railroad Forum and not Staten Island Railroad/Long Island Rail Road/Metro-North Railroad Forum ?

The North Shore Rail Discussion and a possible official SIR forum are 2 different things. And thus why the section is called  Long Island Rail Road/Metro-North Railroad Forum and not Staten Island Railroad/Long Island Rail Road/Metro-North Railroad Forum ?

It was called that before the admin merged the SIR section with the LIRR/MNRR section.

Once again, anything in regards to the SIR can be posted in the MTA Railroads section.

It was called that before the admin merged the SIR section with the LIRR/MNRR section.

Once again, anything in regards to the SIR can be posted in the MTA Railroads section.

I am reading Long Island Rail Road/Metro-North Railroad Forum again :                                  

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/forum/6-mta-railroads/

I remember when there was an SIR Forum. The problem was that, well, not much goes on at SIR in the first place, so you had like... not even one post a year. That's how little things change over there.

Actually quite a bit goes on.  Problem is no one posts things on the SIR.  There have been several new stations that have opened along with other improvements overall.  I think in the years that I lived on Staten Island, I used it once, only out of curiosity.  The express bus is a much nicer option.

Actually quite a bit goes on.  Problem is no one posts things on the SIR.  There have been several new stations that have opened along with other improvements overall.  I think in the years that I lived on Staten Island, I used it once, only out of curiosity.  The express bus is a much nicer option.

Eh; there was a decent discussion about the new Arthur Kill station's opening, and also about the possibility of the (MTA) running a shuttle train to the new mall and ferris wheel at St. George when they open.

The SIR forum was merged with the LIRR/MNRR forum to create the MTA Railroads forum that currently exists. By itself, the SIR forum was not seeing much activity compared to the other railroads. On top of that, at the time that this was done, we were trying to reduce the clutter on the front page.

It's the same reason why there's no PATH forum.

Archived