Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
LaGuardia Link N Tra

Create your own train/bus model

This is a thread of where you get to discuss your own Idea's for new train and bus models, here are some of my train models that I made for the NYC subway (note- the train models I designed are supposed to share a similarity with the R211)4c32b4209371b9e5965226f34a8e9075.jpgd31f65193874a6ee8c6a07513824e917.jpg373386528045b0470e372f2cffe607b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Though very impressive, I don't think some people would dedicate a bunch of time to draw schematics on train and or bus models. Honestly, that is some good detail on the diagram, but it's not really going to be that big of a change.

This was my original design for the R225 cars; they were intended to be B Division cars, 75' long, based in part on car shells that I used to model a high-speed rail trainset that is currently in progress. They incorporate styling cues from the R44/R46 trainsets, and the seating is modeled on that found in the R110A cars.

vmdX4tG.png

a3fmD7Y.pngvQrXaht.png

iI5DNNa.png

I guess making them narrower at the top is somehow more aerodynamically efficient (like a fuselage, a car, etc), and is smaller and requiring less material.

Not sure why they didn't do the same with the A. Div cars. There's less space inside to narrow it, but then the old Gibbs car of 100 years ago was tapered.