Rockaway Beach Branch

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, LGA Link N train said:

I was the first one here to Introduce it, look back at page 16 where someone said that RPA was trash 

I saw their suggestion on this page for the MTA to retire diesel service vehicles, but how would they get around the system if there is no power (for like third rail replacement, flooding, etc)?

Kosliwitz at it again... you can have your transit but not at my expense the train would run in their backyards

Man.. they extended their property illegally into the row, also people in bayside have the lirr row right next to their backyard..

http://www.qchron.com/editions/queenswide/think-tank-sees-a-split-of-both-rail-and-park/article_140d5296-8f39-550c-846d-85e20d5fd543.html?TNNoMobile

Edited by BreeddekalbL

4 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Kosliwitz at it again... you can have your transit but not at my expense the train would run in their backyards

Man.. they extended their property illegally into the row, also people in bayside have the lirr row right next to their backyard..

http://www.qchron.com/editions/queenswide/think-tank-sees-a-split-of-both-rail-and-park/article_140d5296-8f39-550c-846d-85e20d5fd543.html?TNNoMobile

I think she knows some people will see a big property loss if the RBB went through because some people did illegally do that and are looking at massive losses if so. 

3 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

I think she knows some people will see a big property loss if the RBB went through because some people did illegally do that and are looking at massive losses if so. 

It never belonged to them to begin with. They would be breaking even if anything.

9 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

(Sigh) this is the first thing I read in the morning. Despite how nice the Queensway looks (heck I would even visit it myself) I still oppose to it

4 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

And it's their fault for illegally squatting on the property. They shouldn't have done that to begin with, I think Friends of the Queensway is supporting them if you closely think about it

1 hour ago, CenSin said:

It never belonged to them to begin with. They would be breaking even if anything.

Breaking the Law?

The only reason why these people even want the QueensWay is to continue having illegal backyards. 

When ya'll bring up the QueensWay, it makes the part of my body that actually agrees on building it more superior than the other, which doesn't want to build RBB. 

But so far, Koslowitz and her supporters are currently losing. The study would be carried out eventually, and knowing the MTA, would list subway as an option for reactivation. If our mayor leans our way, the subway side would prevail.

Edited by Coney Island Av

2 hours ago, Coney Island Av said:

The only reason why these people even want the QueensWay is to continue having illegal backyards. 

When ya'll bring up the QueensWay, it makes the part of my body that actually agrees on building it more superior than the other, which doesn't want to build RBB. 

But so far, Koslowitz and her supporters are currently losing. The study would be carried out eventually, and knowing the MTA, would list subway as an option for reactivation. If our mayor leans our way, the subway side would prevail.

I agree that you will have to build one or the other what makes them think there can be peaceful cohesion? Cause i dont want to see an article years from now that says ohhh we should have built the rbb as subway etc.

Yes the mayor showed his cards and says if the study says it should be a transit asset i will support it (which i think is a trap)

On 1/21/2018 at 7:48 PM, N6 Limited said:

The city is having a war on vehicles and wants to implement congestion pricing, they're going to be more in favor of transit projects that reduce car trips.

...which means they’ll build the highest impact projects, not scenic lines via parkland to nowhere. 

A decent list of subway expansion priorities:

1. SAS

2. Queens Bypass

3. Third avenue

4. Utica/nostrand

5 RX

Note project not on that list — the RBB.

Would you like if I quoted all of my analysis past of why this is a frankly idiotic waste of money so you can read more inconvenient truths? 

2 minutes ago, RR503 said:

...which means they’ll build the highest impact projects, not scenic lines via parkland to nowhere. 

A decent list of subway expansion priorities:

1. SAS

2. Queens Bypass

3. Third avenue

4. Utica/nostrand

5 RX

Note project not on that list — the RBB.

Would you like if I quoted all of my analysis past of why this is a frankly idiotic waste of money so you can read more inconvenient truths? 

The Flushing Line was built through farm land to nowhere ;)

2. If they implement Freedom Ticket or City Zone Subway fare with smart cards then a Queens Bypass would not be necessary.

5) Rx can be merged with Third Ave (if not SAS)

1 minute ago, N6 Limited said:

The Flushing Line was built through farm land to nowhere ;)

2. If they implement Freedom Ticket or City Zone Subway fare with smart cards then a Queens Bypass would not be necessary.

5) Rx can be merged with Third Ave (if not SAS)

The RBB is being built through parkland to nowhere. If you don’t see the difference, please go do some reading. 

I’m with you on 2, but RX can’t be merged with the subway. It has to be FRA compliant, and anyway, why  screw 3rd avenuers with a circumferential route when you — for the first time in 70 years — have trunk cap in Manhattan...

3 hours ago, RR503 said:

why  screw 3rd avenuers with a circumferential route when you — for the first time in 70 years — have trunk cap in Manhattan...

Agreed. 3Av should be IND spec, splitting to SAS and a crosstown to LGA and wherever else in Q/Bk a crosstown like would be useful.

3 hours ago, LGA Link N train said:

I feel as is the Queens Bypass is necessary  (being a QBL rider myself) but I'm also very conflicted by it.

RBB. All I can say is that since it should be used for rail, then take good advantage of it.

That's a stupid mindset. Everything costs money. Some things, like RBB, are not worth their money.

11 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

I think rx is a waste, but isnt alongside a railroad row and would have to fall under the FRA?

Every time someone brings up this stupid topic it gets annoying to bring up the examples of subway lines running next to a railroad.

34 minutes ago, bobtehpanda said:

That's a stupid mindset. Everything costs money. Some things, like RBB, are not worth their money.

Every time someone brings up this stupid topic it gets annoying to bring up the examples of subway lines running next to a railroad.

In Boston, In Washington, In Philadelphia. 

That said, TriboroRX Would probably have to be FRA compliant, as it would likely share tracks with the freight line, not just the ROW.