Mayweather vs. McGregor

46Dover

Lol.... Another one of these events where the pre-event buildup was more entertaining than the actual event itself.... Suckers continue to get conned out of their money, while these professional actors (in this case, Mayweather/McGregor) laugh all the way to the bank.... For damn sure I wasn't paying the 100 bucks or w/e to see it on PPV & I wasn't interested in wanting to find a stream to see it either (I got all my up-to-the-minute info from an "official fight thread" of another forum I peruse on occasion; managed to reach 200 pages) - it was funny seeing some of the posts complaining about w/e streams they were on, either crapping out, or being in a whole 'nother language.... Lol....

Soon as I read that the "fight" was over, I checked out ESPN to see what those jesters had to say.... How/Why the "fight" was called wasn't surprising (being an exhibition, the last thing that was supposed to have happened was either of these actors getting seriously hurt), but the person I was most disappointed with, was Teddy Atlas (who I didn't expect to be on there, to be honest).... Didn't have much of a choice, but on ESPN, he was analyzing the "fight" like it was.... well, real.....

Much like televised boxing in this era, the little shouting match he had with Screaming A. Smith during a part of the post "fight" analysis was also embarrassing (which is also my critique of what ESPN has depreciated to)....

Lol.... Another one of these events where the pre-event buildup was more entertaining than the actual event itself.... Suckers continue to get conned out of their money, while these professional actors (in this case, Mayweather/McGregor) laugh all the way to the bank.... For damn sure I wasn't paying the 100 bucks or w/e to see it on PPV & I wasn't interested in wanting to find a stream to see it either (I got all my up-to-the-minute info from an "official fight thread" of another forum I peruse on occasion; managed to reach 200 pages) - it was funny seeing some of the posts complaining about w/e streams they were on, either crapping out, or being in a whole 'nother language.... Lol....

Soon as I read that the "fight" was over, I checked out ESPN to see what those jesters had to say.... How/Why the "fight" was called wasn't surprising (being an exhibition, the last thing that was supposed to have happened was either of these actors getting seriously hurt), but the person I was most disappointed with, was Teddy Atlas (who I didn't expect to be on there, to be honest).... Didn't have much of a choice, but on ESPN, he was analyzing the "fight" like it was.... well, real.....

Much like televised boxing in this era, the little shouting match he had with Screaming A. Smith during a part of the post "fight" analysis was also embarrassing (which is also my critique of what ESPN has depreciated to)....

Jesters indeed [emoji16][emoji16]

It was a pretty decent fight, McGregor held his own, but he lacked power in those punches. Fatigue started to settle in at rounds 8-9, then 10, he was just gone. Most people said he wouldn't last 5 rounds, I didn't either, especially since in rounds 1 & 2, he just went all in for literally no reason.

The one thing that really got on my nerves was the fact that McGregor kept using the fist tap like he does in UFC. He opened himself up a few times and got caught.

Luckily, I got to watch it for free..... :D

It was miles better than the hugfest that was Mayweather/Pacquiao.

(The Toronto press conference was the best one)

It was a pretty decent fight, McGregor held his own, but he lacked power in those punches. Fatigue started to settle in at rounds 8-9, then 10, he was just gone. Most people said he wouldn't last 5 rounds, I didn't either, especially since in rounds 1 & 2, he just went all in for literally no reason.

The one thing that really got on my nerves was the fact that McGregor kept using the fist tap like he does in UFC. He opened himself up a few times and got caught.

Luckily, I got to watch it for free..... :D

It was miles better than the hugfest that was Mayweather/Pacquiao.

(The Toronto press conference was the best one)

The man was talking smack before the fight and thus he had to come out swinging.  He had to be the aggressor for that reason.  He was the ones making all of the claims so he had to back it up.  Either way they're both a winner.  That Mayweather guy made a cool $100 million dollars for 10 friggin' rounds! The guy spends money like water, so if he's broke down the road, he can always sell his two Rolls Royce cars and some of that hideous jewelry he has.  Who needs two of the exact same car?  <_<

The man was talking smack before the fight and thus he had to come out swinging.  He had to be the aggressor for that reason.  He was the ones making all of the claims so he had to back it up.  Either way they're both a winner.  That Mayweather guy made a cool $100 million dollars for 10 friggin' rounds! The guy spends money like water, so if he's broke down the road, he can always sell his two Rolls Royce cars and some of that hideous jewelry he has.  Who needs two of the exact same car?  <_<

Not entirely. Many boxing matches have had shit talkers and the rounds started in a gradual pace.

In rounds 3-4, you can clearly tell that he was starting to get tired. That was Mayweather's entire game right there. He was waiting for him to wear himself out, then be on the offensive(even though his offense was pretty shitty, 75% of his punches missed). The body shots McGregor took didnt make matters any better for himself.

Not entirely. Many boxing matches have had shit talkers and the rounds started in a gradual pace.

In rounds 3-4, you can clearly tell that he was starting to get tired. That was Mayweather's entire game right there. He was waiting for him to wear himself out, then be on the offensive(even though his offense was pretty shitty, 75% of his punches missed). The body shots McGregor took didnt make matters any better for himself.

Yeah but I think he was going off of adrenaline as well, then settled down, and the rest was history.

You could say Mayweather did something akin to Muhammad Ali's "Rope-A-Dope"

Yeah... Now can Money May' go "ride" off into the sunset & retire already.... I hate to see these boxers (and wrestlers) returning from retirement (which is a problem I have w/ american professional sports in general; the word retirement doesn't mean shit anymore) to perform whilst in their frickin 40's.....

Just watched the fight on youtube.... I LMAO'd throughout most of it.... Still laughing as I'm typing... The whole thing was & is seriously a complete & utter joke to me.....

The body shots.... You mean those weak ass punches the both of them were throwing? :lol: :lol:

They were fighting not to injure each other & that shit is plain as day to me....

Mayweather sure as hell didn't lose this fight & McGregor didn't lose either..... The entity that took L's in all this, was the sport of boxing....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived