NYPD: Teen biker busted for swerving in front of MTA bus

Via Garibaldi 8

NYPD: Teen biker busted for swerving in front of MTA bus
Updated on August 24, 2017 at 4:25 PM  Posted on August 23, 2017 at 6:28 PM

Gallery: Bikers disrupt traffic on South Shore

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- An Arden Heights teen was busted for recklessly riding his bike into oncoming traffic on the South Shore, police said.

Vincent Barrile, 17, of Ashton Drive, allegedly swerved his bike in front of an MTA bus near Huguenot Avenue and Arthur Kill Road at around 8 a.m. June 1, according to an NYPD spokeswoman.

Barrile was arrested Wednesday and charged with reckless endangerment, disorderly conduct and harassment, police said.

In a separate case, the teen was charged Wednesday with petit larceny after allegedly stealing bike pads near Arden Avenue at around 5:15 p.m. on May 17, said an NYPD spokeswoman.

According to a law enforcement source, Barrile is the biker who was caught on dash cam popping a wheelie inches from a car in Arden Heights on Aug. 6.

A motorist was traveling on a busy stretch of Arden Avenue, near Arthur Kill Road, when she said a youth on a bike rode popped a wheelie in front of her car while she was stopped at a red light.

"I can't believe how close he was," said the driver, who shared the photos with the Advance. "It was frightening."

In one photo, the biker is seen popping a wheelie just above the car's hood while another rider in a blue shirt is seen recording the stunt in the background.

In another image, a passenger in a white vehicle appears to wave their arm at a couple of bikers in red shirts.

"They're punks," said the driver. "I can't deal with people saying they're kids being kids. My kid would be in so much trouble."

In a separate incident Monday evening, a Great Kills resident encountered a large group of riders causing cars to maneuver around them during rush-hour traffic on Hylan Boulevard, near Buffalo Street.

"The kids in front of the pack were doing wheelies," she said. "They were weaving in and out of traffic. When you see these kids, you get nervous because you can hit them."

The Advance reader provided video that shows about 25 kids riding -- sometimes five or six abreast -- in the two right lanes of Hylan Boulevard without helmets.

At the end of the clip, a large number of them run a red light.

According to New York traffic law, bikers are allowed to ride two abreast.

In April, the Advance reported that the street riding craze is exploding on Staten Island with bikers, ranging in age from 12-16, riding against traffic; confronting buses in the bus lane; trying to touch moving vehicles while doing wheelies; passing red lights on major roads, including Hylan Boulevard, Amboy Road and Page Avenue, and daring motorists to hit them.

Some riders even post their daredevil stunts on YouTube.

Source: http://www.silive.com/news/2017/08/nypd_dash-cam_teen_busted_for.html

No, just making sure this isolated incident doesn't make you feel that you have carte blanche to slam the entire borough, as you've done before.

Much like how you like to slam The Bronx?(even though you live there....)

Much like how you like to slam The Bronx?(even though you live there....)

Uh no. Unlike him I've grown up in the outer boroughs. He's a Manhattanite that think he's better than outerborough folks. He has a disdain for Staten Islanders just because. My claims about the Bronx are mainly justified. Huge difference. I've also been to most of the areas I talk about in the Bronx, both bad and good. He hasn't. In other words, I get to talk smack growing up in South Brooklyn and living in Riverdale, NY (and proud).  Some Manhattanite that rarely steps foot into any outerborough doesn't.  I have nothing to be ashamed of growing up in South Brooklyn and living where I currently do, that's for sure.  This was an isolated incident that occurred, and hardly representative of Staten Island as a whole.  I remember when I lived on Staten Island, he would make all sorts of veiled comments about Staten Island as a whole and no one ever checked him on it, save myself.

Kid's name is Vincent Barille. Doesn't get much more Staten Island Italian than that.

The word is still descriptive for the kind of person he is.

Ghetto (which itself is a loanword from Italian), troublemaker, disrespectful, … all come together in a word that describe the biker succinctly.

He's a Manhattanite that think he's better than outerborough folks.

My claims about the Bronx are mainly justified. Huge difference.

This was an isolated incident that occurred, and hardly representative of Staten Island as a whole.

1. You know that same statement can be applied to you sans the whole Manhattanite factor.

2. No, your claims about the Bronx are thinly veiled racist and classist jabs at anyone who doesn't live in your gated community known as Riverdale. If I had a dollar for every time you had something negative to say about the Bronx or low-income residents of the Bronx, I'd have enough money to buy a place in Riverdale across from you and put Obama/Biden signs as well as Anti-Trump signs in every window of that house facing you. Whenever the topic of local bus farebeating or anything fare related in the Bronx comes up, you use it as a means to attach all types of negative stereotypes to those riders. "They never pay" "They have money for expensive sneakers, but no money for the fare" "They always want a handout" "They're always rowdy on the bus". You wanna know something? I was on the Bx5 the other day, and the whole ride from West Farms/Southern to Pelham Bay, not ONE person evaded the fare. The whole way. Am I saying they never farebeat? No, of course not, it's a no-brainer people farebeat. But it's not limited to the Bronx. And even if they do, why is it such a concern to you?

3. Funny how you don't have that same attitude regarding the Bronx.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

1. You know that same statement can be applied to you sans the whole Manhattanite factor.

2. No, your claims about the Bronx are thinly veiled racist and classist jabs at anyone who doesn't live in your gated community known as Riverdale. If I had a dollar for every time you had something negative to say about the Bronx or low-income residents of the Bronx, I'd have enough money to buy a place in Riverdale across from you and put Obama/Biden signs as well as Anti-Trump signs in every window of that house facing you. Whenever the topic of local bus farebeating or anything fare related in the Bronx comes up, you use it as a means to attach all types of negative stereotypes to those riders. "They never pay" "They have money for expensive sneakers, but no money for the fare" "They always want a handout" "They're always rowdy on the bus". You wanna know something? I was on the Bx5 the other day, and the whole ride from West Farms/Southern to Pelham Bay, not ONE person evaded the fare. The whole way. Am I saying they never farebeat? No, of course not, it's a no-brainer people farebeat. But it's not limited to the Bronx. And even if they do, why is it such a concern to you?

1. Uh no. I have lived most of my life in the outer boroughs. I LIVE here. He doesn't. Big difference. I'm around the poorest neighborhoods in the city. He talks with little experience. I talk from what I see daily.

2. Well let's see... The two boroughs with the highest farebeating problems are... Staten Island and the Bronx. Both on the local buses and both in areas that are poor. Yes this incident was isolated given the location of Staten Island. Why is farebeating a concern to me? Because everyone else has to pay for them that's why. If you told me this incident with this kid riding around happened in Stapleton, Park Hill, parts of Port Richmond or Mariners Harbor, I'd say it's just another day, but this sort of behavior isn't the norm on most of Staten Island. It has the lowest crime rate in the city as a borough overall, even with its dangerous areas.

3. lol The Bronx doesn't have "isolated" incidents of farebeating, as many neighborhoods are poor and suffer from rampant farebeating. As I said before, the only time Riverdale has farebeating problems is when people from down the hill come up here and then don't have money to go back home. There's only a handful of good neighborhoods overall in the Bronx such as Woodlawn, Morris Park, parts of Pelham Parkway, Pelham Gardens, Pelham Bay, City Island, and parts of Throggs Neck and Kingsbridge.

No, just making sure this isolated incident doesn't make you feel that you have carte blanche to slam the entire borough, as you've done before.

Uh no. Unlike him I've grown up in the outer boroughs. He's a Manhattanite that think he's better than outerborough folks. He has a disdain for Staten Islanders just because. My claims about the Bronx are mainly justified. Huge difference. I've also been to most of the areas I talk about in the Bronx, both bad and good. He hasn't. In other words, I get to talk smack growing up in South Brooklyn and living in Riverdale, NY (and proud).  Some Manhattanite that rarely steps foot into any outerborough doesn't.  I have nothing to be ashamed of growing up in South Brooklyn and living where I currently do, that's for sure.  This was an isolated incident that occurred, and hardly representative of Staten Island as a whole.  I remember when I lived on Staten Island, he would make all sorts of veiled comments about Staten Island as a whole and no one ever checked him on it, save myself.

God, I'm so sick of your ad hominem stupidity coming into every damn thread. I didn't even say anything besides correcting the assumption about the kid in the article. Do I even have to reply to this nonsense anymore? You don't know what the hell you're talking about, you don't know anything about me, and you don't know anything about anything. Keep it to your racist political views and leave it to that--I don't need to hear the bullshit you make up about my life. There was the apartment I grew up in and then there was the life I had growing up in this city, living with real people, seeing friends everywhere from the PJs to the UES. I've dated people who had nothing and people who had everything. I've been damn near everywhere in this city, probably a lot more than you've been to. I can't even think of a neighborhood I haven't been to, save for Douglaston and the far Queens border. I spend more of my days out in the boroughs than in the city, and it's funny to me you think you'd know that better than I do. I don't think I'm better than anybody, but I do aim to be less of an a**hole on these forums than you. 

Move along, and mind your own shit.

God, I'm so sick of your ad hominem stupidity coming into every damn thread. I didn't even say anything besides correcting the assumption about the kid in the article. Do I even have to reply to this nonsense anymore? You don't know what the hell you're talking about, you don't know anything about me, and you don't know anything about anything. Keep it to your racist political views and leave it to that--I don't need to hear the bullshit you make up about my life. There was the apartment I grew up in and then there was the life I had growing up in this city, living with real people, seeing friends everywhere from the PJs to the UES. I've dated people who had nothing and people who had everything. I've been damn near everywhere in this city, probably a lot more than you've been to. I can't even think of a neighborhood I haven't been to, save for Douglaston and the far Queens border. I spend more of my days out in the boroughs than in the city, and it's funny to me you think you'd know that better than I do. I don't think I'm better than anybody, but I do aim to be less of an a**hole on these forums than you.

Move along, and mind your own shit.

You can travel all you want. Doesn't excuse your precious comments about Staten Island and of course you don't think highly of the borough since it's mainly Republican. You're just pissed because you got called out. I've lived in just about every borough unlike you so I doubt you've been around more than I have.

You can travel all you want. Doesn't excuse your precious comments about Staten Island and of course you don't think highly of the borough since it's mainly Republican. You're just pissed because you got called out.

If you called me out, you'd have something to say. You don't know what you're talking about, and damn right I don't like a lot of that borough--you're a perfect example of the problem. Elitist, racist, and ignorant. I just come for the transit forums. Leave me out of your meltdowns.

If you called me out, you'd have something to say. You don't know what you're talking about, and damn right I don't like a lot of that borough--you're a perfect example of the problem. Elitist, racist, and ignorant. I just come for the transit forums. Leave me out of your meltdowns.

Now that you've admitted that information... I rest my case.

THANK YOU!!!!!! BECAUSE I SAID SOMETHING TO THIS EFFECT IN ANOTHER POST BUT THEN I WAS ACCUSED OF USING THE RACE CARD! BUT YOU SEE WHAT I SEE!

Archived