A warning about transitfanning near airports

metsfan

I have information from a 100% reliable source that compels me to warn all members of the transit fanning community to stay away from all major us airports as far as cameras and the like are concerned till further notice. This is a very serious situation not to be taken lightly. I will post more info as it becomes available, but please heed this warning. Thank you.

- A

I have information from a 100% reliable source that compels me to warn all members of the transit fanning community to stay away from all major us airports as far as cameras and the like are concerned till further notice. This is a very serious situation not to be taken lightly. I will post more info as it becomes available, but please heed this warning. Thank you.

- A

Thanks for warning.

PANY&NJ and Westchester County police did nothing when I was taking bus picture at both JFK, LGA, and HPN.

This is specific recent information fresh from about 20 minutes before i first posted, not some general recommendation or advice. I will give an "all clear" when i get word that it's ok again. If you don't listen to me, you risk detainment, losing your camera and such.

- A

Not sure what the various comments trying to dispel or mock my warning hope to accomplish, but when someone who works for the federal government says something to me about airports that makes me worried, i simply cared enough to warn you folks so you don't get detained, questioned, etc. Sorry for looking out for my fellow transit-fanning humans.

Again i will state this is not about cameras, it's about being near airports when you dont need to be there.

- A

Not sure what the various comments trying to dispel or mock my warning hope to accomplish, but when someone who works for the federal government says something to me about airports that makes me worried, i simply cared enough to warn you folks so you don't get detained, questioned, etc. Sorry for looking out for my fellow transit-fanning humans.

Again i will state this is not about cameras, it's about being near airports when you dont need to be there.

- A

I don't go to the airport so............

- A

I wasn't trying to dispel or mock you. I was simply stating in a sarcastic way that the government needs to stop treating photographers as terrorists.

I wasn't trying to dispel or mock you. I was simply stating in a sarcastic way that the government needs to stop treating photographers as terrorists.

True, however they have their reasons. And to be really honest if you knew the truth you'd curl up into a ball and never leave your bedroom, and no i'm not exaggerating.

- A

- A

Wait... so you're saying that people - even people without cameras - are at risk of being detained/questioned/etc. if they simply go near an airport when they don't absolutely need to be there for work purposes or to catch a flight?

Sounds ominous. Thanks for the heads-up, I'll be sure to give a wide berth to Logan Airport. I was planning on seeing firsthand how long it would take to get from South Station (Red Line) to Airport Station (Blue Line) if one were to take the Silver Line from South Station to Logan Airport and then transfer to an airport shuttle to get to Airport Station, but now it seems like I had better postpone this trip indefinitely lest I be picked up and questioned... I mean, I wouldn't have a camera on such a trip, but I would have a backpack with a laptop computer in it...

Archived