Peter Pan and Greyhound ending partnership in September

paulrivera

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Springfield-based Peter Pan Bus Lines will be ending its long relationship with national bus carrier Greyhound next month.

Peter Pan announced on its website that their partnership with Greyhound will be ending on September 27. Peter Pan says that ending the partnership will enable them to provide more express service around the Northeast, and allow paperless boarding for passengers on every route.

The relationship between Peter Pan and Greyhound, the nation’s largest bus carrier, allowed the two companies to coordinate ticket sales and schedules.

http://wwlp.com/2017/08/28/peter-pan-greyhound-bus-lines-ending-partnership/

I never thought I'd see the day....

Damn, I was planning the take Peter Pan or Greyhound to Philly for a day trip, one of the first express runs of the day from NYC to Philly is a PP run, I guess I gotta do the trip before Sept 27th, plan was take PP to Philly, fan the Broad Street Subway, then take hound back to NYC in the afternoon. I took PP from DC to NYC in 2012 and loved it, I'm bummed about this news.

• 2 weeks later...

You can still take either bus, but they'll just run their own separate schedules. It'll be 1996 all over again basically.

I wonder what happens with Bolt bus since that was operated by both PP and Greyhound...

Bolt is and has been a standalone entity owned and operated by Greyhound and will stay that way.  The buses (save for the 15 D4505's from PP) are owned by Greyhound and all of the employees are paid by Greyhound.  

Archived