MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 7105

Shinabee65

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Magnum said:

Seem to depend on their needs.

Not only that, it also depends on who has a lower list number lower than you who's restoring their name to the list.

As an example: For those of you who have been following me closely, you know that back in February of 2014 I failed the 10-day training session. Recently, I got a hold of Ms. Chestnut @ 180 Livingston Street asking her how I can restore my name to the list for Bus Operator Exam 4105, since those folks get first preference since that list/exam came out before this one. To make a long story short, she said that when I'm ready, to give them another phone call to find out exactly when I can go down to begin the pre-employment process.

And yes, for those who are curious, I'll be posting updates in the respective thread depending on which way I go (TA or OA). In the event you're unsure, you can always check out my profile and see where I've been posting.

Edited by +Young+

13 hours ago, Trevx95 said:

How long after you take your drug test do they take to call you back ? this is my second drug test 

The same thing they told you the first time and the second time,  3 - 90 days. Some people were called more than 4 times in for drug tests. 

2 hours ago, Sb1914 said:

So any advice on where we can get the tie, shirt pants and shoes from?

It doesn't have to be anything specific, just as long as you have the right colors. Just walk into a store like Marshalls, Target, Walmart, etc., and find something that's comfortable. A lot of people wear Dickies for pants, which are fine.

The shoes obviously has to be shoes or some type of boot, no sneakers. I wore Nike ACGs through training and I was okay.

The uniform company has been good as of late, so you'll start getting your pieces through line training, if not sooner. 

3 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

It doesn't have to be anything specific, just as long as you have the right colors. Just walk into a store like Marshalls, Target, Walmart, etc., and find something that's comfortable. A lot of people wear Dickies for pants, which are fine.

The shoes obviously has to be shoes or some type of boot, no sneakers. I wore Nike ACGs through training and I was okay.

The uniform company has been good as of late, so you'll start getting your pieces through line training, if not sooner. 

Oh ok, thanks so much. I can't believe they want females to wear a tie. I asked my friend and he said it applies to everyone. 

I've never worn a tie in my life lol

1 minute ago, Sb1914 said:

Oh ok, thanks so much. I can't believe they want females to wear a tie. I asked my friend and he said it applies to everyone. 

I've never worn a tie in my life lol

Just pop on a clip-on, you'll be iite. lol

Females get to wear a crossover tie in lieu of the regular tie. I'm not sure if you can wear one during the 10 day.

• 1 month later...

Hey guy's am new to this forum. I recieved a letter back in October 2018, to go down 180 Livingston for pre employment, however they pulled me out of orientation, and gave me a slip to to call back to set an appointment due to my driver's license was NOT three years old at the time. However I call back today. the lady said to call back early April due to no hiring now. Is that the case for everyone? exam 7105.

On 2/4/2019 at 8:11 PM, uneeke said:

Hey guy's am new to this forum. I recieved a letter back in October 2018, to go down 180 Livingston for pre employment, however they pulled me out of orientation, and gave me a slip to to call back to set an appointment due to my driver's license was NOT three years old at the time. However I call back today. the lady said to call back early April due to no hiring now. Is that the case for everyone? exam 7105.

yes it is 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright. Today I gotta phone call to come in to 180. To submit my cdl permit and other documents. I went in late September. I got my cdl permit a couple weeks ago. Called them and told them. And now I just got a phone call to come down. 

Question is do they do medical now ? Or towards the end ? 

5 hours ago, Moody said:

Alright. Today I gotta phone call to come in to 180. To submit my cdl permit and other documents. I went in late September. I got my cdl permit a couple weeks ago. Called them and told them. And now I just got a phone call to come down.

Question is do they do medical now ? Or towards the end ? 

When they first call you down, it will be for pre-employment paperwork and a drug test. The next step will be medical.

On 3/28/2019 at 10:30 PM, +Young+ said:

When they first call you down, it will be for pre-employment paperwork and a drug test. The next step will be medical.

Was there yesterday young. Exactly as you said.  This mta staff is fantastic. Very helpful. They really go through to help you in your application. 

On 4/2/2019 at 10:25 AM, +Young+ said:

Glad I can be of assistance.

What's up young, how long does medical take and how much is that money order ? I got a phone call. For the medical lol. She said she was going to email the info. But I dont see anything yet. I can't believe it. 

Okay so I went in today for medical.  Make sure you have a blue ball pen. Fill out the information they give you. Don't put any dates. When you get to pensions dont do anything.

Now medical. I have blood pressure, they check your blood pressure. Mine was high. So they said no problem relax, so we take the eye exam, weight and height.  We go back to blood pressure. Still kind of high, no problem will check again in a few. 

So now we have to do ekg. This monitor's the heart rate as well. And does a print out at the end. They monitored me for about 20 minutes. Btw shirt is off and belt. Pants you keep on.

Blood pressure was still high. So they said let's get a hearing test. So we do a hearing test. I'm sure you guys have done this before when you're kids. Push the button when you hear the beeps.

So now we go back to the ekg room.  I lay there for about 25 or 30 min. Almost sleep.  They check my blood pressure without the machine. Now I'm getting okay readings.

They send me back to the lobby. I wait. I get called back by one of the supervisors. She looks at what was done to me today. Makes you do some simple yoga tai chi maneuvers.  Very good she writes everything down. 

Then she said your blood pressure very high. She checks it. Yes. Asks me half a dozen medical questions. And then checks neck size.

So she recommends I go to my doctor get whatever they're asking and get a referral for a sleep apnea test. 

I don't how long of a study for the sleep apnea test is. But I'm wondering if i can do both within a week. 

I knew this was going to happen. I saw guys as big as houses working for the mta. I'm sure they've all have been on medical hold.

Also anyone going to medical hold, don't sweat it. I saw a guy weighing 185 pounds get put on medical hold. Alot of people go through this. So just relax and try to get it done as soon as you can. Alot of us are stressed and have high blood pressure. 

Also she said that 159 is borderline pass or fail. That's what she told me. But that depends on your BMI.

If you got a certain BMI with high blood pressure that's instant medical hold and sleep apnea test.

Thank's for the info. really appreciate knowledge of the  medical process. They call me 3/28 to report for processing on 4/2, when I got there they told me they are my list # 188*  for exam 7105 and  that I am close for processing but I am like 13 numbers away, something like that. I was so upset for them wasting my time again, I didn't even hear what the guy was saying clearly. Did anyone else had anything similar?