MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 7105

Shinabee65

6 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Thank you. I was actually well on my way to qualifying on Day 10. Then I came to a right turn onto a highway road from a main road, with a service road to my right in the BX. I thought to hook it, but traffic was heavy, and I noticed my instructor reaching for the trolley. So I made a worse decision and pulled the bus forward (though it was hugging the curb), and worked on clearing the pivot, Unfortunately, the front of the bus was too close to the pole, and that was it.

I'm messed up about failing. Especially since I finally conquered my nerves for the most part and drove most of the course with little to no issues. I gave this over 100 percent from the beginning, and the end of the route was so close. If I'd done that turn, I would've qualified, no doubt. But I failed to execute when it was needed. I appreciate your advice--and that of others here--regardless, and good luck on your bus op career in transit! 

Meanwhile, I'll just wait for the recent T/O exam to give me a call. 

Damn that sucks a lot my ninja. Sorry it didn’t work out for you the way you wanted. I’m glad you didn’t put everything on this one opportunity. You spread them around. T/O, T/W they even got S/A (station agent) coming out as well. So there’s other chances. 

None the less just maybe your MTA career isn’t meant to start behind the wheel of a bus but in the front cabin of a train. So the best of luck to you my ninja! Keep hope a live you’ll be straight best believe that! 

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sisslims29 said:

Maybe it depends on your list number if MTA is calling base on people's listed number. I know the next class starts 10/29. However,  if they call you, you will have to opt out 10 days from classes. Maybe you can speak to your professor(s) maybe you can submit your assignment(s) online or via emails to them and hopefully still be consider being in class(es). Or you will have to forfeit college credits or MTA training. Either or.

My list number is 13XX. I don't know if that number makes it more or less likely to get called soon. In any case I would take the MTA over college since I'm still years away from graduating. I was told that attendance is mandatory, no remote work option. 

19 hours ago, DrewMania said:

Damn that sucks a lot my ninja. Sorry it didn’t work out for you the way you wanted. I’m glad you didn’t put everything on this one opportunity. You spread them around. T/O, T/W they even got S/A (station agent) coming out as well. So there’s other chances. 

None the less just maybe your MTA career isn’t meant to start behind the wheel of a bus but in the front cabin of a train. So the best of luck to you my ninja! Keep hope a live you’ll be straight best believe that! 

Yes, thank you! I actually wanted train operator from the start. Only tried this because it called first. Perhaps this was meant as a protective measure to getting to T/O--in case I did pass yesterday, and got some incident on my record that would harm the transition to RTO.

11 hours ago, JGSI1010 said:

Is anyone going this Thursday. I am willing to meet with people outside who are also nervous and we can all keep eachother calm lol. 

If you're going for pre-employment then no need to be worry and nervous unless you have things in your system. If its for your medical then hold hands in prayers. Lol

4 hours ago, reggie1988 said:

Does anybody kno do they call previous employment 

From what I learned, they do not, however they will conduct an investigation once you pass training. If they find a discrepancy, then you might be on the streets.

3 hours ago, reggie1988 said:

Im not mood regular it is what it is 

Can you please clarify by typing in full English sentences? If you're still unsure, please refer to the "Forum Etiquette" on the Guidelines page...thank you.

15 minutes ago, reggie1988 said:

Ok  @YOUNG IS,IT 3 OR FIVE YRS CLEAN AFTER ANY DISCREPANCY ON ABSTRACT 

14 minutes ago, reggie1988 said:

@YOUNG IS,IT 3 OR FIVE YRS CLEAN AFTER ANY DISCREPANCY ON ABSTRACT 

Three years...for New York State residents, refer to this page for more information.

2 hours ago, +Young+ said:

From what I learned, they do not, however they will conduct an investigation once you pass training. If they find a discrepancy, then you might be on the streets.

Can you please clarify by typing in full English sentences? If you're still unsure, please refer to the "Forum Etiquette" on the Guidelines page...thank you.

What other investigation do they conduct? I thought they did all the investigation during pre-employment

1 hour ago, Headlights 0215 said:

What other investigation do they conduct? I thought they did all the investigation during pre-employment

To make a long story short, they'll look into the information that you provided during pre-employment.

2 hours ago, Headlights 0215 said:

Nah, you get your background check done throughout your probation year. I've heard of trainees being pulled out during the first 10 days because they found something. 

31 minutes ago, Headlights 0215 said:

Do you know happens if you get a ticket during training?

Just report it to your superintendent, if you were convicted of it. If not, schedule a hearing and keep postponing it. Once you get to line training at a depot, let your union know and they'll advise from there.