MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 7105

Shinabee65

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Sb1914 said:

Question, would a receipt, like the temporary license be valid for the final processing?

Between renewing my license, getting the "Metal Coil" endorsement and upgrading my CDL to the Enhanced CDL within the past two years, I got a temporary "paper" license all three times. I spoke to the Safety Manager and my job and he said that it's legit, especially since it's in DMV's computer system. In addition, by the time you go to Zerega, as long as you have the "paper" permit and your regular license, you'll be fine.

Just like if you were to go to a driving school for lessons in a car, bus, motorcycle, tractor trailer, etc. - whether you have the physical permit from Albany or the "paper" permit from the DMV, you're fine either way.

Edited by +Young+

7 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Between renewing my license, getting the "Metal Coil" endorsement and upgrading my CDL to the Enhanced CDL within the past two years, I got a temporary "paper" license all three times. I spoke to the Safety Manager and my job and he said that it's legit, especially since it's in DMV's computer system. In addition, by the time you go to Zerega, as long as you have the "paper" permit and your regular license, you'll be fine.

Just like if you were to go to a driving school for lessons in a car, bus, motorcycle, tractor trailer, etc. - whether you have the physical permit from Albany or the "paper" permit from the DMV, you're fine either way.

Ok, thank you so much. I was having an issue with my current license because the spelling of my name if different from the BC and SS. So I have to go to dmv to change the spelling. The thing is, is idk if I have to bring the 6 points of proof or not. All i have is the BC and SS and my car insurance with the correct spelling. 🤦🏽‍♀️

53 minutes ago, Sb1914 said:

Ok, thank you so much. I was having an issue with my current license because the spelling of my name if different from the BC and SS. So I have to go to dmv to change the spelling. The thing is, is idk if I have to bring the 6 points of proof or not. All i have is the BC and SS and my car insurance with the correct spelling. 🤦🏽‍♀️

If you have the misspelled license, bring that with you. I think that counts as 6 points eventhough it's not correct. They just need your bc and ss as I proof it's really you. But, I could be wrong. 

32 minutes ago, msmcmillan said:

If you have the misspelled license, bring that with you. I think that counts as 6 points eventhough it's not correct. They just need your bc and ss as I proof it's really you. But, I could be wrong. 

Thank you for the reply. I called dmv and they said just bring the BC and SS

1 hour ago, Sb1914 said:

Yes I know lol. Have you been called down yet?

Nope, and I'm not in a hurry to be called yet. I know you guys are ready for Transit, but I would rather wait until after the holidays. I have lots of overtime locked, and I don't have two weeks of time off for training if I pass the medical. If I were called, I would probably have to ask for a leave of absence. 

Was anybody there today for the medical assessment? We had to wait 8 hours for our second drug test & couldn’t get our ID photos taken because the lab was “busy” 😡. I hope they call us tomorrow or Friday to make it in time for that class on Monday.

3 hours ago, nycdrew said:

Was anybody there today for the medical assessment? We had to wait 8 hours for our second drug test & couldn’t get our ID photos taken because the lab was “busy” 😡. I hope they call us tomorrow or Friday to make it in time for that class on Monday.

I was there doing my medical on Tuesday, got all the way to doing the 2nd lab but it was backed up. I received permission to leave at 5pm and return only to complete my 2nd lab on Wednesday. I got to do my lab right away! Not sure if it was because it was so early but I did notice minimal staff in the lab. 

5 hours ago, nycdrew said:

When you go back can you find out when is the next training class. I cant deal with MTA with their short notice.

3 hours ago, Magnum said:

I was there doing my medical on Tuesday, got all the way to doing the 2nd lab but it was backed up. I received permission to leave at 5pm and return only to complete my 2nd lab on Wednesday. I got to do my lab right away! Not sure if it was because it was so early but I did notice minimal staff in the lab. 

Wow, good thing you did that. We were there until 8pm. Were you able to take an ID picture or get a start date after that?

2 hours ago, sisslims29 said:

When you go back can you find out when is the next training class. I cant deal with MTA with their short notice.

No problem, will do. Hopefully they call me today to follow up.

12 hours ago, nycdrew said:

Omg I was there too! It was such a horror show yesterday 

5 hours ago, nycdrew said:

Wow, good thing you did that. We were there until 8pm. Were you able to take an ID picture or get a start date after that?

No problem, will do. Hopefully they call me today to follow up.

Whenever you head back to 180 ask the dark skin guy or anyone.

Thank you.  

13 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Good luck with that. It's not only how they work, but other city agencies work as well when it comes to hiring people.

Hahahahaha...more like you need us and not we need you. It's all about just having just enough time to tell your boss you need a few days off in advance. 

No ID photo taken after I completed the 2nd lab on Wednesday morning . I was told to verify my email address and that they'd be in touch within 30 days! 🙄

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I hear from them before the weekend. 

I was called to show up for the third time to180 Livingston tomorrow, also I received an email with the details of the appointment. The email also says that I'm being considered for the November 12 class. I just received a phone call stating that all vacancies are full and that I will be contacted when there are more available. 

I had dropped out of college for this and also gave plenty of notice to my employer about the MTA hiring process. I'm devastated. 

Incredible.