Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Shinabee65

MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 7105

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Racneb said:

I was called to show up for the third time to180 Livingston tomorrow, also I received an email with the details of the appointment. The email also says that I'm being considered for the November 12 class. I just received a phone call stating that all vacancies are full and that I will be contacted when there are more available. 

I had dropped out of college for this and also gave plenty of notice to my employer about the MTA hiring process. I'm devastated. 

Incredible. 

Damnn bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Magnum said:

Anyone been notified about joining the 11/12 training @ Zerega yet??

I report to Zerega on 11/12. I was given my paperwork Friday at 180 Livingston, after filling out the paperwork.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Racneb said:

I was called to show up for the third time to180 Livingston tomorrow, also I received an email with the details of the appointment. The email also says that I'm being considered for the November 12 class. I just received a phone call stating that all vacancies are full and that I will be contacted when there are more available. 

I had dropped out of college for this and also gave plenty of notice to my employer about the MTA hiring process. I'm devastated. 

Incredible. 

I would still go down tomorrow, to 180 Livingston. Sometimes they make mistakes. Show your email when you get and see if they process you for fingerprints and photo ID. Bring a $87 money order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, U4real said:

I would still go down tomorrow, to 180 Livingston. Sometimes they make mistakes. Show your email when you get and see if they process you for fingerprints and photo ID. Bring a $87 money order.

That's a good idea. Might as well give it a shot after all this process I've gone through. 

I should've asked the lady what it means exactly when she said all vacancies are full...does that refer to the class on November 12 or does that refer to all hiring?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Racneb said:

 

I should've asked the lady what it means exactly when she said all vacancies are full...does that refer to the class on November 12 or does that refer to all hiring?

This is a great question, please report here what you learn from going there tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Magnum said:

This is a great question, please report here what you learn from going there tomorrow.

I will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Racneb said:

I was called to show up for the third time to180 Livingston tomorrow, also I received an email with the details of the appointment. The email also says that I'm being considered for the November 12 class. I just received a phone call stating that all vacancies are full and that I will be contacted when there are more available. 

I had dropped out of college for this and also gave plenty of notice to my employer about the MTA hiring process. I'm devastated. 

Incredible. 

Seriously.  Like many others, I did my drug test about 2 weeks ago and was hoping to have been in the 10/29 training.  I put my vacation time and last Thursday by 4 PM I retracted my vacation time. I know it wasn't possible to be call for medical and to head for training by today, Monday.  I hope because of you dropping out of college you are accepted in the 11/12 training. Just remember,  every disappointment is for a reason. Don't rush it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received this email after getting the call earlier today stating the same thing:

"As per our conversation we regret to inform you that there was a reduction in vacancies for the position of OA Bus Operator and as a result, the processing appointment scheduled for Tuesday 10/30/2018 has been canceled. Your name will remain on the list for consideration as more vacancies become available.

Thank you."

I'm still processing all this in my mind. College semester which I paid for myself  and two unpaid days of drug testing all gone up in smoke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sisslims29 said:

Seriously.  Like many others, I did my drug test about 2 weeks ago and was hoping to have been in the 10/29 training.  I put my vacation time and last Thursday by 4 PM I retracted my vacation time. I know it wasn't possible to be call for medical and to head for training by today, Monday.  I hope because of you dropping out of college you are accepted in the 11/12 training. Just remember,  every disappointment is for a reason. Don't rush it. 

Thanks for the encouraging words. I hope that me showing up tomorrow won't piss them off and cause them to retaliate in some way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Racneb said:

I just received this email after getting the call earlier today stating the same thing:

"As per our conversation we regret to inform you that there was a reduction in vacancies for the position of OA Bus Operator and as a result, the processing appointment scheduled for Tuesday 10/30/2018 has been canceled. Your name will remain on the list for consideration as more vacancies become available.

Thank you."

I'm still processing all this in my mind. College semester which I paid for myself  and two unpaid days of drug testing all gone up in smoke. 

I understand and as mention before, every disappointment is for a reason. You could have still probably gone for 11/12 training and don't pass. Be and thing positive.  They will call you just a matter or time. If you wish to go back next semester either do weekend classes only or dont register at all next Spring because they just may call you after the holiday. God's timing is best. 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Racneb said:

Thanks for the encouraging words. I hope that me showing up tomorrow won't piss them off and cause them to retaliate in some way. 

Trying explaining about college, having to dropped out, and paying out of pocket to hear that news. Maybe it would be enough to help them push you through.  All the best. Be positive and think positive. 

Edited by sisslims29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, U4real said:

I report to Zerega on 11/12. I was given my paperwork Friday at 180 Livingston, after filling out the paperwork.

Which paperwork did you do on Friday, when was your last medical?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sisslims29 said:

Trying explaining about college, having to dropped out, and paying out of pocket to hear that news. Maybe it would be enough to help them push you through.  All the best. Be positive and think positive. 

I will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Which paperwork did you do on Friday, when was your last medical?

For benefits and background check. Photo ID 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, U4real said:

 

When you said paperwork do you mean your pre-employment paperwork? What's your listed number. Not the exact number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sisslims29 said:

When you said paperwork do you mean your pre-employment paperwork? What's your listed number. Not the exact number.

 

2 hours ago, sisslims29 said:

When you said paperwork do you mean your pre-employment paperwork? What's your listed number. Not the exact number.

I finished all that. The paperwork was for the pension and background check. My list number is 9x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, U4real said:

 

I finished all that. The paperwork was for the pension and background check. My list number is 9xx

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, U4real said:

 

Okay kool. I'm not sure if they are calling random numbers and whoever are ready to go. However, I will get call sometime next year. Be good and do you best in training. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sb1914 said:

So I'm assuming who ever went the 23rd for medical is not going to be in the 11/12 class

I'm starting to assume so but it's still not definite. It's seems like the training sessions are every two weeks, leading me to think there might be another one shortly after thanksgiving, on the 26th. 

 

Let us know if you folks who did medical on 10/23, 10/24 receive any correspondence.

Edited by Magnum
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Magnum said:

I'm starting to assume so but it's still not definite. It's seems like the training sessions are every two weeks, leading me to think there might be another one shortly after thanksgiving, on the 26th. 

 

Let us know if you folks who did medical on 10/23, 10/24 receive any correspondence.

I will keep yall updated if I receive any call or email. Since my medical was on the 23rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.