MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 7105

Shinabee65

2 hours ago, Sb1914 said:

I will keep yall updated if I receive any call or email. Since my medical was on the 23rd.

2 hours ago, Magnum said:

I'm starting to assume so but it's still not definite. It's seems like the training sessions are every two weeks, leading me to think there might be another one shortly after thanksgiving, on the 26th. 

Let us know if you folks who did medical on 10/23, 10/24 receive any correspondence.

I got a phone number for someone in the hiring department. She told me that all vacancies are full for 11/12 just like Racneb mentioned. So yup, I’m thinking all of us who had medicals on 10/23-10/25 are going to be for 11/26. Fingers crossed.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, sisslims29 said:

Let us know how it went today.

It went like I expected, they said the same thing and there is nothing to be done about it and they also said that  human resources does what they are told to do - MTA said no more people for now - no matter my personal circumstances. I'm coming to terms with it and look forward to the future. 

Hopefuly it doesn't take a year to hear back from them. 

29 minutes ago, nycdrew said:

I got a phone number for someone in the hiring department. She told me that all vacancies are full for 11/12 just like Racneb mentioned. So yup, I’m thinking all of us who had medicals on 10/23-10/25 are going to be for 11/26. Fingers crossed.

If we end up in that training class, I wonder if it'll mean we'll require an additional Lab as they're only good for 30 days.

🥃

3 minutes ago, Racneb said:

It went like I expected, they said the same thing and there is nothing to be done about it and they also said that  human resources does what they are told to do - MTA said no more people for now - no matter my personal circumstances. I'm coming to terms with it and look forward to the future. 

In the name of clarity...No more new-hires period or no more ppl to start the pre-employment process? 

Edited by Magnum

47 minutes ago, nycdrew said:

I can confirm that today it seemed like no one was doing final processing before training class. All the people that where there where doing the paperwork that I did on my first appointment before the urine sample.

54 minutes ago, Racneb said:

Okay. Glad to know you have come to acceptance. As mention before, since we are not sure when we'll be called especially you since you're ahead of us, then take weekend classes in the mean time.

3 hours ago, Magnum said:

In the name of clarity...No more new-hires period or no more ppl to start the pre-employment process? 

I asked the lady that exact question and all she said was "everything; class and hiring". 

She was definitely a bit pissed about me being there going by the way she looked at me. It's possible she just wanted to get rid of me with that answer... 

5 minutes ago, Racneb said:

I asked the lady that exact question and all she said was "everything; class and hiring". 

She was definitely a bit pissed about me being there going by the way she looked at me. It's possible she just wanted to get rid of me with that answer... 

Bully crap. The least she could have been respectful enough because not only did you paid you were looking expecting that they had vacancies that is the reason we all applied.  Anyway, whenever they call me I get call. I will not stress and fight myself up about when they will call me.

3 hours ago, Racneb said:

I can confirm that today it seemed like no one was doing final processing before training class. All the people that where there where doing the paperwork that I did on my first appointment before the urine sample.

25 minutes ago, Racneb said:

These two statements are contradicting. Why are they going through the pre-employment process/paperwork if there is a HR freeze on hiring? 

28 minutes ago, sisslims29 said:

Still why have individuals come in for pre-employment then if there's a freeze. Why open exams and have people paying if they do not have vacancies for candidates. I don't get it.

It might be, they are waiting to see, how many people pass the 10 days of training qualification. I work out of Spring Creek depot. There was a group there in a training bus outside. Superintendents bring groups there to practice certain things, because it’s a quiet area, not a lot of traffic. They are the 10/29 class. Remember 11/12 class is 2 weeks behind, I’m in that class. If you took the medical, already and they had you take another drug test, you are good. They will be calling you soon.

16 minutes ago, U4real said:

It might be, they are waiting to see, how many people pass the 10 days of training qualification. I work out of Spring Creek depot. There was a group there in a training bus outside. Superintendents bring groups there to practice certain things, because it’s a quiet area, not a lot of traffic. They are the 10/29 class. Remember 11/12 class is 2 weeks behind, I’m in that class. If you took the medical, already and they had you take another drug test, you are good. They will be calling you soon.

Yes but another person stated after the 11/12 training there is a possibility that no other classes/hirer will be taking place. Hopefully since they have time will be calling according to your listed number for medical if you already completed the pre-employment part and passed the first drug test.

5 minutes ago, sisslims29 said:

Yes but another person stated after the 11/12 training there is a possibility that no other classes/hirer will be taking place. Hopefully since they have time will be calling according to your listed number for medical if you already completed the pre-employment part and passed the first drug test.

I doubt they would have people take the medical, they pass, then don’t call them. While at the same time, continue to call people for pre-employment. They need bus operators, remeber  the “L” train line is shutting down for repairs, on the 27th of April. 

23 minutes ago, U4real said:

I doubt they would have people take the medical, they pass, then don’t call them. While at the same time, continue to call people for pre-employment. They need bus operators, remeber  the “L” train line is shutting down for repairs, on the 27th of April. 

Yes for those who probably are ahead of some like myself who did my pre-employment close to a month now and haven't gotten called back yet to do medical. So, most of you that did your pre-employments are most likely the ones that got called back to do your medical and they paused for now.

6 hours ago, sisslims29 said:

Is there a difference between MTA and Mabstoa? Reason I am asking is if you're already working for Transit why switch departments? 

6 hours ago, sisslims29 said:

Is there a difference between MTA and Mabstoa? Reason I am asking is if you're already working for Transit why switch departments? 

The pension and benefits are better.