MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 7105

Shinabee65

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MaBSTOA is not hiring nomore bus operators for a while. They have enough drivers to cover the manhattan area of the L train, so there is a freeze on Mabstoa. TA is still hiring drivers because the brooklyn area of the L train shuttle is not full they need as much drivers as they can get. I hope you all had a back up and was not only depending on this MTA job good luck to all.

8 hours ago, Trevx95 said:

MaBSTOA is not hiring nomore bus operators for a while. They have enough drivers to cover the manhattan area of the L train, so there is a freeze on Mabstoa. TA is still hiring drivers because the brooklyn area of the L train shuttle is not full they need as much drivers as they can get. I hope you all had a back up and was not only depending on this MTA job good luck to all.

I hope so as well! Every and any job you see for the Agency APPLY do not wait! And please do not put all your hopes into one position! Get into the door and move around after that. The opportunities are endless!

FACTS! 

22 minutes ago, Sb1914 said:

Wow. That's including people who went for medicals too? I dont see how there was any point in bringing those people in, if they called in enough. If you dont mind me asking. Where did you get that information from?

That was exactly the same thing I asked. Why bring people in especially to take the drug test when you knew ahead od time how many vacancies were currently open. However, you just may have to do the medical over if it probably more than 30 to 60 days in.

4 hours ago, Sb1914 said:

Wow. That's including people who went for medicals too? I dont see how there was any point in bringing those people in, if they called in enough. If you dont mind me asking. Where did you get that information from?

I just completed my training zerega so im telling you guys information that was told thru the instructors.

7 hours ago, Magnum said:

https://www.amny.com/transit/mta-budget-fare-hikes-1.22394844

Did they mention if there's indeed a 11/12 training class? 🤔

There is a 11/12 class. I’m in that class. I have my appointment letter from 180 Livingston. I had to resign from MTA Bus, I was part time. My last day is This Friday, 11/9.

6 hours ago, U4real said:

There is a 11/12 class. I’m in that class. I have my appointment letter from 180 Livingston. I had to resign from MTA Bus, I was part time. My last day is This Friday, 11/9.

When did you get your appointment letter?

35 minutes ago, Sb1914 said:

When did you get your appointment letter?

On 10/26 when I went for final processing. My 11/12 class, is made up of Mabstoa and MTA Bus PT. The 10/29 class was also made up of, Mabstoa and MTA Bus PT. I Know, because they practice in front of Spring Creek depot and I talked to some of them.

14 hours ago, U4real said:

You don't have to train all over again do you? What is the process for someone already a B/O? Do you have a choice of OA depots?

7 hours ago, U4real said:

On 10/26 when I went for final processing. My 11/12 class, is made up of Mabstoa and MTA Bus PT. The 10/29 class was also made up of, Mabstoa and MTA Bus PT. I Know, because they practice in front of Spring Creek depot and I talked to some of them.

That's crazy, because I was there on the 26 and they did nothing but a drug test and my medical, which took hours

26 minutes ago, msmcmillan said:

You don't have to train all over again do you? What is the process for someone already a B/O? Do you have a choice of OA depots?

I don’t have to do the training. I report to Zerega, do the paperwork and pick a depot, depending on where there is openings. Then, I report to my depot the next day. I get a week to learn the lines at the depot. Then off on my own.

19 minutes ago, Sb1914 said:

That's crazy, because I was there on the 26 and they did nothing but a drug test and my medical, which took hours

Yeah, it was a lot people. I don’t know if you remember, but there was a group of us, that was just there for fingerprints and photo ID. We were doing the final paperwork  and getting our report date and appointment letter.

13 hours ago, Magnum said:

Folks with permits should use this time to secure the CDL license.

Please be careful what you say...although going into the 10-day training session with the CDL is recommended, as several other members have stated, in this economy, not everyone can afford this on their own. In my opinion, the wise thing to say would be to secure your permits, since you can enter training with a permit, and to perhaps get a few lessons so you don't enter the training 100% cold. In addition, you can also watch some YouTube videos of the new pre-trip, which can be viewed here and here. If you look for any on your own, just make sure it involves doing a pre-trip inspection of the engine.

6 hours ago, sisslims29 said:

Yes, and by the time they start many will probably have to retake the test again like myself come January. Smh

Have you checked out cristcdl.com? I used their practice tests to help me take not only my permit tests, but the tests for some of the other endorsements as well, such as Doubles/Triples,  Tank, Hazmat, etc. Just note that this website comes out of Ohio, therefore I used their practice tests for about 75-80% of studying, and I read the manual about 20-25% of the time.

Edited by +Young+

The CDL training isn’t as hard as some of you may think. I went in with my premit and i had to do everything the new way. It’s literally still fresh in my mind lmao. 

After you pass your 10 day. MTA will literally let you know everything you need to know on how to pass the CDL road exam they will give you all the tools. From the Pre-Trip to performing the maneuvers to even taking you thru the road course to show you what to look out. So trust me get your CDL premit and go from there. Not to mention it’s cheaper the MTA way. 

Oh and did i mention your getting paid to basically get your license. So instead of spending thousands to get it your getting paid thousands to obtain it i’m just saying! I like the MTA way better.

One more thing you ask me the 10 day training is way harder then the CDL road test. So if you can pass what they put you thru those 7 to 10 days then trust me you’ll pass that road test no sweat! 

Edited by DrewMania

23 minutes ago, DrewMania said:

The CDL training isn’t as hard as some of you may think. I went in with my premit and i had to do everything the new way. It’s literally still fresh in my mind lmao. 

After you pass your 10 day. MTA will literally let you know everything you need to know on how to pass the CDL road exam they will give you all the tools. From the Pre-Trip to performing the maneuvers to even taking you thru the road course to show you what to look out. So trust me get your CDL premit and go from there. Not to mention it’s cheaper the MTA way. 

Oh and did i mention your getting paid to basically get your license. So instead of spending thousands to get it your getting paid thousands to obtain it i’m just saying! I like the MTA way better.

One more thing you ask me the 10 day training is way harder then the CDL road test. So if you can pass what they put you thru those 7 to 10 days then trust me you’ll pass that road test no sweat! 

So, just to make it official, you passed, right? If so, congrats!! Any advice for those who are about to enter the 10-day training session, besides what you already said?

55 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

So, just to make it official, you passed, right? If so, congrats!! Any advice for those who are about to enter the 10-day training session, besides what you already said?

Yeah I pass on day 7 and achieved my CDL on my first trip. My advice to those is to listen to your supt. (instructors) they all teach different some come off different then others. Some can be direct straight to the point where it can seem harsh and others are more patient with you. From day 2 you’ll know what kind of person your dealing with. Just listen and hold on to everything you can. 

Scan them mirrors. That’s key to passing! They wanna know you seeing and forward planning like they are. If they pull the brake on you don’t feel away find out why take it in and learn from it. It’s a simple program but it can go by fast. So i say learn the person your working with ask questions. Your classmates are a big help as well because if something they do wrong you can learn from they mistakes and use it and visa versa. So communicate become coworkers and help out. Those who talk and cheer each other on all win.

My training class we all reach out and help one another with issues we was facing and we all pass day 7 so it can happen work together as well as do your thing. 

Another thing watch them bikers on day 6 lower manhattan they will and i mean will sneak up on you. 

Good luck to you all! I’m at Grand Av depot let me know when you come thru i’ll be one of the first to congratulate you!  

Edited by DrewMania

Gm, I have a Quick question they are hiring again for the exam 7105 cause I was the at MTA last month oct 23 and I have a Class A license and the guy called my name and told me that I had to get a class B permit with P endorsment. I did all that he told me to do and I'd call them every day and I couldn't get a app. Ty

1 hour ago, Elmonchi06 said:

Gm, I have a Quick question they are hiring again for the exam 7105 cause I was the at MTA last month oct 23 and I have a Class A license and the guy called my name and told me that I had to get a class B permit with P endorsment. I did all that he told me to do and I'd call them every day and I couldn't get a app. Ty

My advice is if you still have your notice which you should. You should go back down to 180 livingston and speak with someone face to face. Imform them of the issue and go from there. Which they’ll probably just pull you in. Truth be told you probably would’ve been in training already. Because it’s nothing to go get a Class B with P. I mean hell i know a female who went to the DMV the same day got her permit and came right back to finish her pre-employment. Only thing she’s been studying to get it for a minute. 

Calling them isn’t always the best solution. 

Edited by DrewMania