MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 7105

Shinabee65

47 minutes ago, uneeke said:

Thank's for the info. really appreciate knowledge of the  medical process. They call me 3/28 to report for processing on 4/2, when I got there they told me they are my list # 188*  for exam 7105 and  that I am close for processing but I am like 13 numbers away, something like that. I was so upset for them wasting my time again, I didn't even hear what the guy was saying clearly. Did anyone else had anything similar? 

When you get a call or notice. Confirm that its correct while they are talking to you. And then later on if you can. Sometimes these things happen. I know a guy came all the way from long island for no reason. Happens. 

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Moody said:

Okay so I went in today for medical.  Make sure you have a blue ball pen. Fill out the information they give you. Don't put any dates. When you get to pensions dont do anything.

Now medical. I have blood pressure, they check your blood pressure. Mine was high. So they said no problem relax, so we take the eye exam, weight and height.  We go back to blood pressure. Still kind of high, no problem will check again in a few. 

So now we have to do ekg. This monitor's the heart rate as well. And does a print out at the end. They monitored me for about 20 minutes. Btw shirt is off and belt. Pants you keep on.

Blood pressure was still high. So they said let's get a hearing test. So we do a hearing test. I'm sure you guys have done this before when you're kids. Push the button when you hear the beeps.

So now we go back to the ekg room.  I lay there for about 25 or 30 min. Almost sleep.  They check my blood pressure without the machine. Now I'm getting okay readings.

They send me back to the lobby. I wait. I get called back by one of the supervisors. She looks at what was done to me today. Makes you do some simple yoga tai chi maneuvers.  Very good she writes everything down. 

Then she said your blood pressure very high. She checks it. Yes. Asks me half a dozen medical questions. And then checks neck size.

So she recommends I go to my doctor get whatever they're asking and get a referral for a sleep apnea test. 

I don't how long of a study for the sleep apnea test is. But I'm wondering if i can do both within a week. 

I knew this was going to happen. I saw guys as big as houses working for the mta. I'm sure they've all have been on medical hold.

Also anyone going to medical hold, don't sweat it. I saw a guy weighing 185 pounds get put on medical hold. Alot of people go through this. So just relax and try to get it done as soon as you can. Alot of us are stressed and have high blood pressure. 

Also she said that 159 is borderline pass or fail. That's what she told me. But that depends on your BMI.

If you got a certain BMI with high blood pressure that's instant medical hold and sleep apnea test.

What is your list # might I ask. 

• Harry featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

How does one decline but remain on the list for this exam. I am being called for pre-employment, but unfortunately I have to decline. I want to reinstate my name to the list before the list expires. Do I just show up to decline or is there a number to call?

IT'S best to show up and explain your situation.because at the bottom of the pre employment letter, it said "failure to respond will result in your name being remove from list."May I ask what is your exam # and a idea of your list #?

2 minutes ago, uneeke said:

IT'S best to show up and explain your situation.because at the bottom of the pre employment letter, it said "failure to respond will result in your name being remove from list."May I ask what is your exam # and a idea of your list #?

List #31xx

3 hours ago, MTA MAC said:

How does one decline but remain on the list for this exam. I am being called for pre-employment, but unfortunately I have to decline. I want to reinstate my name to the list before the list expires. Do I just show up to decline or is there a number to call?

Since this is not a civil-service exam, just call (347) 643 8229/30/31/32, Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 3 PM and take it from there. All exams for MTA Bus Company and MaBSTOA go through 180 Livingston Street and not DCAS.

49 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Since this is not a civil-service exam, just call (347) 643 8229/30/31/32, Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 3 PM and take it from there. All exams for MTA Bus Company and MaBSTOA go through 180 Livingston Street and not DCAS.

Thanks Young, much appreciated....

On 2/4/2019 at 8:11 PM, uneeke said:

Hey guy's am new to this forum. I recieved a letter back in October 2018, to go down 180 Livingston for pre employment, however they pulled me out of orientation, and gave me a slip to to call back to set an appointment due to my driver's license was NOT three years old at the time. However I call back today. the lady said to call back early April due to no hiring now. Is that the case for everyone? exam 7105.

I was called for pre employement but not have the full 3 years as yet ? How far where you away from 3 years and what did they do ?

On 2/4/2019 at 8:11 PM, uneeke said:

Hey guy's am new to this forum. I recieved a letter back in October 2018, to go down 180 Livingston for pre employment, however they pulled me out of orientation, and gave me a slip to to call back to set an appointment due to my driver's license was NOT three years old at the time. However I call back today. the lady said to call back early April due to no hiring now. Is that the case for everyone? exam 7105.

Hey question how far were you from the 3 years  at the time ? I’m in the same position don’t make 3 years until November. 

I was 90 day's away from 3 years back in October of 2018.They gave me a paper slip to come back when am eligible. I went back in February and they told me about an hiring freeze. However I was there this week and I did the drug test so finally.

On 4/5/2019 at 3:51 PM, Moody said:

Okay so I went in today for medical.  Make sure you have a blue ball pen. Fill out the information they give you. Don't put any dates. When you get to pensions dont do anything.

Now medical. I have blood pressure, they check your blood pressure. Mine was high. So they said no problem relax, so we take the eye exam, weight and height.  We go back to blood pressure. Still kind of high, no problem will check again in a few. 

So now we have to do ekg. This monitor's the heart rate as well. And does a print out at the end. They monitored me for about 20 minutes. Btw shirt is off and belt. Pants you keep on.

Blood pressure was still high. So they said let's get a hearing test. So we do a hearing test. I'm sure you guys have done this before when you're kids. Push the button when you hear the beeps.

So now we go back to the ekg room.  I lay there for about 25 or 30 min. Almost sleep.  They check my blood pressure without the machine. Now I'm getting okay readings.

They send me back to the lobby. I wait. I get called back by one of the supervisors. She looks at what was done to me today. Makes you do some simple yoga tai chi maneuvers.  Very good she writes everything down. 

Then she said your blood pressure very high. She checks it. Yes. Asks me half a dozen medical questions. And then checks neck size.

So she recommends I go to my doctor get whatever they're asking and get a referral for a sleep apnea test. 

I don't how long of a study for the sleep apnea test is. But I'm wondering if i can do both within a week. 

I knew this was going to happen. I saw guys as big as houses working for the mta. I'm sure they've all have been on medical hold.

Also anyone going to medical hold, don't sweat it. I saw a guy weighing 185 pounds get put on medical hold. Alot of people go through this. So just relax and try to get it done as soon as you can. Alot of us are stressed and have high blood pressure. 

Also she said that 159 is borderline pass or fail. That's what she told me. But that depends on your BMI.

If you got a certain BMI with high blood pressure that's instant medical hold and sleep apnea test.

I have to do medical on Wednesday. did you get pass medical yet?

They full of crap. I am 11** went about a month ago for pre-employment and my cdl permit had just expired thre day prior. I was told as normal get it snd call the 718# which I did. As of today, I am still waiting to hear back from them when to come in to finish pre-employment,  drug test then wait another 5 months again before they call you back for the medical test.

10 hours ago, BusOperator0913 said:

I wish I knew, all I know is that I’m 32xx. 

How long was the was the wait today ? And what was the process today 

Edited by Catz

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sisslims29 said:

Am I or are we forgotten souls? I have not heard back from MTA since probably last year. What's going on? What should I do call them and find out?

You can try to call and see what's going on - 347-643-8229. Good luck!!