Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Shinabee65

MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 7105

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, uneeke said:

Thank's for the info. really appreciate knowledge of the  medical process. They call me 3/28 to report for processing on 4/2, when I got there they told me they are my list # 188*  for exam 7105 and  that I am close for processing but I am like 13 numbers away, something like that. I was so upset for them wasting my time again, I didn't even hear what the guy was saying clearly. Did anyone else had anything similar? 

When you get a call or notice. Confirm that its correct while they are talking to you. And then later on if you can. Sometimes these things happen. I know a guy came all the way from long island for no reason. Happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will do nxt time. they told me to call back in three weeks,so I'll see how that goes. I am hoping they are still hiring by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Moody said:

 Okay so I went in today for medical.  Make sure you have a blue ball pen. Fill out the information they give you. Don't put any dates. When you get to pensions dont do anything.

Now medical. I have blood pressure, they check your blood pressure. Mine was high. So they said no problem relax, so we take the eye exam, weight and height.  We go back to blood pressure. Still kind of high, no problem will check again in a few. 

 

So now we have to do ekg. This monitor's the heart rate as well. And does a print out at the end. They monitored me for about 20 minutes. Btw shirt is off and belt. Pants you keep on.

Blood pressure was still high. So they said let's get a hearing test. So we do a hearing test. I'm sure you guys have done this before when you're kids. Push the button when you hear the beeps.

 

So now we go back to the ekg room.  I lay there for about 25 or 30 min. Almost sleep.  They check my blood pressure without the machine. Now I'm getting okay readings.

They send me back to the lobby. I wait. I get called back by one of the supervisors. She looks at what was done to me today. Makes you do some simple yoga tai chi maneuvers.  Very good she writes everything down. 

 

Then she said your blood pressure very high. She checks it. Yes. Asks me half a dozen medical questions. And then checks neck size.

 

So she recommends I go to my doctor get whatever they're asking and get a referral for a sleep apnea test. 

I don't how long of a study for the sleep apnea test is. But I'm wondering if i can do both within a week. 

I knew this was going to happen. I saw guys as big as houses working for the mta. I'm sure they've all have been on medical hold.

 

 

Also anyone going to medical hold, don't sweat it. I saw a guy weighing 185 pounds get put on medical hold. Alot of people go through this. So just relax and try to get it done as soon as you can. Alot of us are stressed and have high blood pressure. 

Also she said that 159 is borderline pass or fail. That's what she told me. But that depends on your BMI.

 

If you got a certain BMI with high blood pressure that's instant medical hold and sleep apnea test.

 

What is your list # might I ask. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does one decline but remain on the list for this exam. I am being called for pre-employment, but unfortunately I have to decline. I want to reinstate my name to the list before the list expires. Do I just show up to decline or is there a number to call?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IT'S best to show up and explain your situation.because at the bottom of the pre employment letter, it said "failure to respond will result in your name being remove from list."May I ask what is your exam # and a idea of your list #?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, uneeke said:

IT'S best to show up and explain your situation.because at the bottom of the pre employment letter, it said "failure to respond will result in your name being remove from list."May I ask what is your exam # and a idea of your list #?

List #31xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MTA MAC said:

How does one decline but remain on the list for this exam. I am being called for pre-employment, but unfortunately I have to decline. I want to reinstate my name to the list before the list expires. Do I just show up to decline or is there a number to call?

Since this is not a civil-service exam, just call (347) 643 8229/30/31/32, Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 3 PM and take it from there. All exams for MTA Bus Company and MaBSTOA go through 180 Livingston Street and not DCAS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Since this is not a civil-service exam, just call (347) 643 8229/30/31/32, Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 3 PM and take it from there. All exams for MTA Bus Company and MaBSTOA go through 180 Livingston Street and not DCAS.

Thanks Young, much appreciated....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 8:11 PM, uneeke said:

Hey guy's am new to this forum. I recieved a letter back in October 2018, to go down 180 Livingston for pre employment, however they pulled me out of orientation, and gave me a slip to to call back to set an appointment due to my driver's license was NOT three years old at the time. However I call back today. the lady said to call back early April due to no hiring now. Is that the case for everyone? exam 7105.

I was called for pre employement but not have the full 3 years as yet ? How far where you away from 3 years and what did they do ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 8:11 PM, uneeke said:

Hey guy's am new to this forum. I recieved a letter back in October 2018, to go down 180 Livingston for pre employment, however they pulled me out of orientation, and gave me a slip to to call back to set an appointment due to my driver's license was NOT three years old at the time. However I call back today. the lady said to call back early April due to no hiring now. Is that the case for everyone? exam 7105.

Hey question how far were you from the 3 years  at the time ? I’m in the same position don’t make 3 years until November. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was 90 day's away from 3 years back in October of 2018.They gave me a paper slip to come back when am eligible. I went back in February and they told me about an hiring freeze. However I was there this week and I did the drug test so finally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 3:51 PM, Moody said:

 Okay so I went in today for medical.  Make sure you have a blue ball pen. Fill out the information they give you. Don't put any dates. When you get to pensions dont do anything.

Now medical. I have blood pressure, they check your blood pressure. Mine was high. So they said no problem relax, so we take the eye exam, weight and height.  We go back to blood pressure. Still kind of high, no problem will check again in a few. 

 

So now we have to do ekg. This monitor's the heart rate as well. And does a print out at the end. They monitored me for about 20 minutes. Btw shirt is off and belt. Pants you keep on.

Blood pressure was still high. So they said let's get a hearing test. So we do a hearing test. I'm sure you guys have done this before when you're kids. Push the button when you hear the beeps.

 

So now we go back to the ekg room.  I lay there for about 25 or 30 min. Almost sleep.  They check my blood pressure without the machine. Now I'm getting okay readings.

They send me back to the lobby. I wait. I get called back by one of the supervisors. She looks at what was done to me today. Makes you do some simple yoga tai chi maneuvers.  Very good she writes everything down. 

 

Then she said your blood pressure very high. She checks it. Yes. Asks me half a dozen medical questions. And then checks neck size.

 

So she recommends I go to my doctor get whatever they're asking and get a referral for a sleep apnea test. 

I don't how long of a study for the sleep apnea test is. But I'm wondering if i can do both within a week. 

I knew this was going to happen. I saw guys as big as houses working for the mta. I'm sure they've all have been on medical hold.

 

 

Also anyone going to medical hold, don't sweat it. I saw a guy weighing 185 pounds get put on medical hold. Alot of people go through this. So just relax and try to get it done as soon as you can. Alot of us are stressed and have high blood pressure. 

Also she said that 159 is borderline pass or fail. That's what she told me. But that depends on your BMI.

 

If you got a certain BMI with high blood pressure that's instant medical hold and sleep apnea test.

 

I have to do medical on Wednesday. did you get pass medical yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 8:55 PM, uneeke said:

I have to do medical on Wednesday. did you get pass medical yet?

I’m here right now. The way this room is packed is unbelievable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They full of crap. I am 11** went about a month ago for pre-employment and my cdl permit had just expired thre day prior. I was told as normal get it snd call the 718# which I did. As of today, I am still waiting to hear back from them when to come in to finish pre-employment,  drug test then wait another 5 months again before they call you back for the medical test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, BusOperator0913 said:

I wish I knew, all I know is that I’m 32xx. 

How long was the was the wait today ? And what was the process today 

Edited by Catz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I or are we forgotten souls? I have not heard back from MTA since probably last year. What's going on? What should I do call them and find out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sisslims29 said:

Am I or are we forgotten souls? I have not heard back from MTA since probably last year. What's going on? What should I do call them and find out?

You can try to call and see what's going on - 347-643-8229. Good luck!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 8:22 PM, +Young+ said:

You can try to call and see what's going on - 347-643-8229. Good luck!!

Thank you Young.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got off the phone with Ms. Chestnut. As per our telephone conversation,  there are no vacancies at this time and that she will supposedly note my file once any becomes available.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.