MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 7105

Shinabee65

Alright, I think I got it, I took bus exam 7105, the boss, I took in december.  I believe thats what the confusion is.  Is it possible that you can apply for more than 1 exam, and the later exam with the later application filing date comes out first before the first one you applied for ? 

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Moody said:

I took bus exam  7612 last year. But I think I got called in for boss exam 7105. Nevertheless I took the boss exam, and I have a list number. I am not sure, I took alot of tests. I can't find the letters or the emails. I have to search for them. They are some where in my house.  But I think thats what happened. Because nobody here took the boss exam for 7612. I am totally confused. 

That's because this thread is for the MaBSTOA exam, plus they have not yet administered the BOSS exam for 7612!! If you took the BOSS for 7105 and passed, you probably won't have to take it again for 7612 since it's the exact same exam.

3 hours ago, Moody said:

Alright, I think I got it, I took bus exam 7105, the boss, I took in december.  I believe thats what the confusion is.  Is it possible that you can apply for more than 1 exam, and the later exam with the later application filing date comes out first before the first one you applied for ? 

Definitely!! As far as timing, between these exams and those I took for DCAS, I don't keep track - it's just too confusing and complicated.

6 hours ago, +Young+ said:

That's because this thread is for the MaBSTOA exam, plus they have not yet administered the BOSS exam for 7612!! If you took the BOSS for 7105 and passed, you probably won't have to take it again for 7612 since it's the exact same exam.

Definitely!! As far as timing, between these exams and those I took for DCAS, I don't keep track - it's just too confusing and complicated.

Thanks young. 

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, NYCStreetDoc said:

Good evening everyone. Was just wondering if anyone who took their BOSS exam heard back yet? Took mine in the beginning of January and they said we should get our results in about 2 months. 

Thanks in advance. 

Was wondering the same thing. I took mines back in December 2017 and still haven't heard anything back yet if I passed or not

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
33 minutes ago, onlyambition said:

I also received an email for pre employment Monday the 24th at 7:30, list number 3××. 

I'm 64x for this one. Congrats and good luck on Monday. My advice from going down there before would be... Make sure to have everything that's on that paper. Also make sure to know all of your employment information dating back 10 years. Last time I went there I saw alot of people stuck on that part of the paper work process

1 hour ago, Mr NewFlyer said:

I'm 64x for this one. Congrats and good luck on Monday. My advice from going down there before would be... Make sure to have everything that's on that paper. Also make sure to know all of your employment information dating back 10 years. Last time I went there I saw alot of people stuck on that part of the paper work process

Thanks for the advice. I recently misplaced my social security card (ive requested another) but I have everything else. Will this delay my processing? I understood the email to say that you will need the documents eventually and should begin gathering them now.

1 hour ago, onlyambition said:

Thanks for the advice. I recently misplaced my social security card (ive requested another) but I have everything else. Will this delay my processing? I understood the email to say that you will need the documents eventually and should begin gathering them now.

I actually had an issue that put my process on hold for another bus exam with them. My issue also had to do with my social and ID, I didn't have my whole name on them. So they told me to get it updated then once I got it updated to call them up to continue.
So that held me up and I had everything. So my best guess is that they will want you to have the actual card to proceed. But it's hard to say, what I got from them when I went in is that they are very picky

Hey guys, how was everyone's day today down at Livingston? Hope everyone had a great day

Got there at 7 and the line was going around the corner lol.

Right After orientation me and 11 people got pulled to the side room. They said since we already had our CDL they were going to send us to drug test so we didnt  have to spend time waiting with everyone else. The person in the room looked over our paper work and sent us for drug testing.

Now here is the part that I'm confused. The person in the room said training will start this upcoming Monday and they asked us if we can all make it before he sent us to go for the drugtest.. after the drugtest I took the paper to the front counter and the lady just said to wait 3-90 days to get a call. 

Is that call about the drugtest results or to schedule the training dates? Because no one told me place and time to go for training. Am I missing something??

If he said training is next upcoming Monday, why would the lady say to wait 3-90 days?

Confused

2 hours ago, Mr NewFlyer said:

Hey guys, how was everyone's day today down at Livingston? Hope everyone had a great day

Got there at 7 and the line was going around the corner lol.

Right After orientation me and 11 people got pulled to the side room. They said since we already had our CDL they were going to send us to drug test so we didnt  have to spend time waiting with everyone else. The person in the room looked over our paper work and sent us for drug testing.

Now here is the part that I'm confused. The person in the room said training will start this upcoming Monday and they asked us if we can all make it before he sent us to go for the drugtest.. after the drugtest I took the paper to the front counter and the lady just said to wait 3-90 days to get a call. 

Is that call about the drugtest results or to schedule the training dates? Because no one told me place and time to go for training. Am I missing something??

If he said training is next upcoming Monday, why would the lady say to wait 3-90 days?

Confused

I would call the number and verify that. Also she might not be on the same page as the person who checked you out before she saw you.

I also was there at 7am today. It was good. I still have to get my permit. I've been very busy and didn't get chance to do it. Plus a lot of people didn't have their permits. Luckily I can still get the permit and proceed. This appointment only came in on Friday and I was shocked at how fast this whole process is taking. But it's okay. Because I'm a patient person. So they have my information and said come back with the permit. I'm glad they are very nice. Anyway. Make sure you know you remember 10 years plus work history. He emphasized that very much. And where you lived. Good luck.

19 hours ago, Moody said:

I would call the number and verify that. Also she might not be on the same page as the person who checked you out before she saw you.

I also was there at 7am today. It was good. I still have to get my permit. I've been very busy and didn't get chance to do it. Plus a lot of people didn't have their permits. Luckily I can still get the permit and proceed. This appointment only came in on Friday and I was shocked at how fast this whole process is taking. But it's okay. Because I'm a patient person. So they have my information and said come back with the permit. I'm glad they are very nice. Anyway. Make sure you know you remember 10 years plus work history. He emphasized that very much. And where you lived. Good luck.

How fast do you think they moving on the list if u dont mind me asking

Just now, reggie1988 said:

How fast do you think they moving on the list if u dont mind me asking

Pretty quick, there was alot of people there yesterday. ALOT that doesnt mean everyone is going to make it passed the paper work. Unfortunately. Alot of people missing documents. Make sure you got any tickets or points taken care of, make a draft of your past work history, where you lived, you are going to forget dates, years months, they want to know everything. Which is fine, the more information you put the more you are at an advantage because you wont be called in for leaving something out. I heard the MTA is very tight when it comes to that.  If you got everything under wraps your fine, they do the drug test right after you got everything, and then they might do the medical right away that depends. I am not really sure about the medical.  The beginning process  once you get over that hump, you're fine. 

Now I didn't ask people what list # they where, im in the 600's. There had to be at least approx 300 people. Just go with the flow, you get there 7:30am, they take you up. They line you up to get to a counter, they check you in, give you paper work to fill out, the application, employment history, where you lived etc etc, and they give you a number and they take your drivers license, in the mean time you fill out the papers, everyone is filling out the papers.  

Once they checked in everyone in,  they go over the application with EVERYONE, they run through the application and answer questions.  Once thats done, you should be done too, they start calling names, and it doesn't matter if you were the first one on line or the last or the middle, they call randomly. And the process from there is straight forward and quick. They call about 10 people at a time, they did a fantastic job to be honest.

3 minutes ago, Moody said:

Pretty quick, there was alot of people there yesterday. ALOT that doesnt mean everyone is going to make it passed the paper work. Unfortunately. Alot of people missing documents. Make sure you got any tickets or points taken care of, make a draft of your past work history, where you lived, you are going to forget dates, years months, they want to know everything. Which is fine, the more information you put the more you are at an advantage because you wont be called in for leaving something out. I heard the MTA is very tight when it comes to that.  If you got everything under wraps your fine, they do the drug test right after you got everything, and then they might do the medical right away that depends. I am not really sure about the medical.  The beginning process  once you get over that hump, you're fine. 

Now I didn't ask people what list # they where, im in the 600's. There had to be at least approx 300 people. Just go with the flow, you get there 7:30am, they take you up. They line you up to get to a counter, they check you in, give you paper work to fill out, the application, employment history, where you lived etc etc, and they give you a number and they take your drivers license, in the mean time you fill out the papers, everyone is filling out the papers.  

Once they checked in everyone in,  they go over the application with EVERYONE, they run through the application and answer questions.  Once thats done, you should be done too, they start calling names, and it doesn't matter if you were the first one on line or the last or the middle, they call randomly. And the process from there is straight forward and quick. They call about 10 people at a time, they did a fantastic job to be honest.

Ok coo.. how far,back do they go into your license