MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 7105

Shinabee65

I was also there yesterday list # 25*. It was my second time at Livingston different exam and i will say that whoever idea it was to call 10 at a time bring them to a room run thru they paper work with them then send them for the drug test is a genuis. My first time they legit had everyone wait until they name was called to go to the counter. Smh makes no sense! 

But I kind figure it would be faster for me since i had my paper work in the system already from before plus i already have my CDL premit. Hell they said people gonna be there to 5 pm i left at 11:45 am and still made it to my job. I laugh at the part when the gentleman in the room said you gotta put in your 2 weeks notice now cause a class is on monday all i said was HA! Not until i officially work for MTA. Meaning pass training and graduate. 

Anything can happen in training and you end up washing out now look you got no job cause they told you to quit the other one.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, DrewMania said:

I was also there yesterday list # 25*. It was my second time at Livingston different exam and i will say that whoever idea it was to call 10 at a time bring them to a room run thru they paper work with them then send them for the drug test is a genuis. My first time they legit had everyone wait until they name was called to go to the counter. Smh makes no sense! 

But I kind figure it would be faster for me since i had my paper work in the system already from before plus i already have my CDL premit. Hell they said people gonna be there to 5 pm i left at 11:45 am and still made it to my job. I laugh at the part when the gentleman in the room said you gotta put in your 2 weeks notice now cause a class is on monday all i said was HA! Not until i officially work for MTA. Meaning pass training and graduate. 

Anything can happen in training and you end up washing out now look you got no job cause they told you to quit the other one.

1 hour ago, DrewMania said:

By any chance, did they tell you details about Monday after you did the drug test? Like location, time to be there ect ... ?? They asked us if we could make it this Monday we gave our answer and got sent to drug test but no information about actually coming in on Monday. Been trying to call the hr employment number but for some reason can't get through to someone.

What did they tell you after you got the receipt for the drug test?

Edited by Mr NewFlyer

After Drug test (3 - 90 days) wait, you will be called in for Medical Process. If everything goes well with Medical, you will be sworn in by the HR management at Livingston and given an official date when you have to go to Training School (Zerega).

Please Dont listen to the staff that stated you will start training this Monday if you haven’t went through the 19a MTA medical process and sworn in by the HR hiring management. Based on the past posts on the forum regarding hiring process and 180 Livingston staff, it seems things been a little weird how they’ve been operating.

2 minutes ago, DueceDrives said:

After Drug test (3 - 90 days) wait, you will be called in for Medical Process. If everything goes well with Medical, you will be sworn in by the HR management at Livingston and given an official date when you have to go to Training School (Zerega).

Please Dont listen to the staff that stated you will start training this Monday if you haven’t went through the 19a MTA medical process and sworn in by the HR hiring management. Based on the past posts on the forum regarding hiring process and 180 Livingston staff, it seems things been a little weird how they’ve been operating.

Ohhh ok I see I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I needed to know so I could take my 2 weeks vacation. Good thing I didn't take it yet. It was very confusing, there was actually someone there that while waiting to be called for drug test called up there current employer to take vacation this upcoming Monday.

Thank you for the information I appreciate it

50 minutes ago, Mr NewFlyer said:

By any chance, did they tell you details about Monday after you did the drug test? Like location, time to be there ect ... ?? They asked us if we could make it this Monday we gave our answer and got sent to drug test but no information about actually coming in on Monday. Been trying to call the hr employment number but for some reason can't get through to someone.

What did they tell you after you got the receipt for the drug test?

Only thing i was told was if everything goes well should receive a email or phone call come thursday to come in for friday do the medical and everything for the class on monday. From the look and the way dude carried himself he seem serious about what he was speaking. Dark skin brother bald headed had on a black suit. He wasn’t even at the counter like everyone else was he came from the back offices. 

But even with that being said i’ve learn when it comes to MTA and the hiring process take it one step at a time. That’s the reason I’m not quiting no job until i know for a FACT i have a job with the MTA. And trust me you’ll know when that time comes. 

Edited by DrewMania

3 minutes ago, Mr NewFlyer said:

Ohhh ok I see I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I needed to know so I could take my 2 weeks vacation. Good thing I didn't take it yet. It was very confusing, there was actually someone there that while waiting to be called for drug test called up there current employer to take vacation this upcoming Monday.

Thank you for the information I appreciate it

🤦🏽‍♂️ Oh No!

Please everyone don’t quit your daily job Until you officially pass the 7-10 day training. 

6 minutes ago, DrewMania said:

Only thing i was told was if everything goes well should receive a email or phone call come thursday to come in for friday do the medical and everything for the class on monday. From the look and the way dude carried himself he seem serious about what he was speaking. Dark skin brother bald headed had on a black suit. He wasn’t even at the counter like everyone else was he came from the back offices. 

But even with that being said i’ve learn when it comes to MTA and the hiring process take it one step at a time. That’s the reason I’m not quiting no job until i know for a FACT i have a job with the MTA. And trust me you’ll know when that time comes. 

Yeaaaa that was the guy that took us out back and got the process started. Was actually in the 1st group that got called up

6 minutes ago, DueceDrives said:

🤦🏽‍♂️ Oh No!

Please everyone don’t quit your daily job Until you officially pass the 7-10 day training. 

I was so excited I almost made the same mistake. Good thing for this forum... I guess it's a waiting game now to move forward 

10 minutes ago, DueceDrives said:

🤦🏽‍♂️ Oh No!

Yeah the dude was in the room saying who can give in they 2 weeks notice now and start on monday. I look at him like he was drunk. Like nah i’m not quiting nothing until i graduate and put into a depot.

3 minutes ago, Mr NewFlyer said:

Yeaaaa that was the guy that took us out back and got the process started. Was actually in the 1st group that got called up 

Then yeah I think we was in the same group. I had on a gray hoodie with a blue hat. I was talking to him about pending tickets. 

8 minutes ago, DrewMania said:

Yeah the dude was in the room saying who can give in they 2 weeks notice now and start on monday. I look at him like he was drunk. Like nah i’m not quiting nothing until i graduate and put into a depot.

He was mad serious too lol. I'm not going to quit my job but I can definitely start training as soon as possible. But yeah definitely not quiting until I'm in

6 minutes ago, DrewMania said:

Then yeah I think we was in the same group. I had on a gray hoodie with a blue hat. I was talking to him about pending tickets. 

Ohh yeah I remember. Did you find out if you have any open tickets? 

4 minutes ago, DueceDrives said:

All depends on hiring needs. Sometimes up to 60-80 students per class. Sadly, they already know a good handful will not make it.

It looks like they over take applicants, nice little way to make some extra cash lol

10 minutes ago, reggie1988 said:

60 to 80 ppl i heard it was like 300 hundred ppl out there lmao

I’m not talking about 180 Livingston. The actual sizes per training classes sometimes can be around 40 to 80 students and that all depends on hiring needs in the system. Each Depot has a percentage on how many employees they need to cover the depot work usage. For example, if a depot lost a few operators due to Promotion, Operator retired, Termination, Operator deceased, Operator  Resign, or the depot gained another route onto their roster. The depot sends Zerega and HR dept the amount they need to replace the caused of nature. So if I lost 3 operators, I need to replace that 3 asap.

Like right now I believe my depot has 600 operators on the roster, so if one goes, the depot will request for another new hire to fill in the position.