MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 7105

Shinabee65

10 hours ago, Moody said:

yes sir, he gave me a sheet.

10 hours ago, DueceDrives said:

Make sure to add the other endorsements such as P - Passengers and B- Air brakes when you take the CDL test 

Butts in I never bother to do this. I am currently studying for the CDL permit. Do I really need to have Air Brakes, S and other endorsements or you all just being extra. *squints* 

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, misslo said:

Butts in I never bother to do this. I am currently studying for the CDL permit. Do I really need to have Air Brakes, S and other endorsements or you all just being extra. *squints* 

Three things you need..

1. General Knowledge

2. Air Brakes

3. Passenger Endorsement

Everything else is extra and honestly not needed if you plan on doing just NYCT/MaBSToA

1 minute ago, misslo said:

You need Both Passenger and Air brakes endorsement added. The S - School endorsement you don’t need it for Transit but its good to have it already just in case you decided to go work for a school bus company. 

1 minute ago, DueceDrives said:

You need Both Passenger and Air brakes endorsement added. The S - School endorsement you don’t need it for Transit but its good to have it already just in case you decided to go work for a school bus company. 

3 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

Three things you need..

1. General Knowledge

2. Air Brakes

3. Passenger Endorsement

Everything else is extra and honestly not needed if you plan on doing just NYCT/MaBSToA

Oh ok Thanks. I never saw that I needed Air brakes on the letter for exam 7300. Cool I'll just study some more.

41 minutes ago, DrewMania said:

I’m sitting next to one of the trash cans blue hat on. A woman with all pink is sitting next to me.  

Did you see and meet the security guard lady ? Very nice lady. And the guy that checks you in that says if you don't have a number you'll be here till Tuesday? 

Remember you can be first in line, or the last, they call out random names when its time to file after the applications are done. They'll call at least 10 at a time. A bunch of people will call the names. And you'll be all out by 1pm if you get called by 10:30 11am. 

I missed out filling in like three sets of prior job because I ran out of space. I went to thr counter to ask the Spanish gentleman for an extra sheet if the work history form to complete the other years of employment. He told me to wait when I get they call your name to the counter that you can asked. I waited then suddenly everyone by groups got called into thr room. I opted out of Monday's possible training because they caught me off guard with that. My question is when they called you again would I be able to add those missing work histories in since you have to give them from the age of 18?  Also, I know the letter said it but I wish they would tell people in person not to quit their jobs. And people need to know not to quit their jobs until they hear those official words "you're hired. Welcome to MTA." People got so caught up with hearing training on guy spoke about quitting his job...in my head like hmmmmm. Play with MTA.

2 hours ago, Moody said:

Did you see and meet the security guard lady ? Very nice lady. And the guy that checks you in that says if you don't have a number you'll be here till Tuesday? 

Yeah she’s pure comedy full of life. Lmao. Yea he said those words literally moments ago. 

Edited by DrewMania

2 hours ago, sisslims29 said:

I missed out filling in like three sets of prior job because I ran out of space. I went to thr counter to ask the Spanish gentleman for an extra sheet if the work history form to complete the other years of employment. He told me to wait when I get they call your name to the counter that you can asked. I waited then suddenly everyone by groups got called into thr room. I opted out of Monday's possible training because they caught me off guard with that. My question is when they called you again would I be able to add those missing work histories in since you have to give them from the age of 18?  Also, I know the letter said it but I wish they would tell people in person not to quit their jobs. And people need to know not to quit their jobs until they hear those official words "you're hired. Welcome to MTA." People got so caught up with hearing training on guy spoke about quitting his job...in my head like hmmmmm. Play with MTA.

Information from members on this forums are accurate. Majority of us are in the system and went through the entire process. When members gives their suggestions, its best to listen since some of us are already employed and went through the transition process. Countless time from past different exams it has been mentioned to not to quit daily jobs until you officially pass the training process. I understand what happened this week made candidates excited that they were about to become part of the family. 180 Livingston doesn’t controls who gets hired or not. They’re there to process you in and prepare you to the next level getting employed. Let me make this clear, they’re are the first step to process you in HR level to see whether or not you fit to move forward to the training process.

The two final stage becoming part of the family officially is (1) Passing the 7 - 10 training stage. (2) Making it through the One year probationary period.  So my advice for everyone here is to carefully listen and read pasted other members experiences just so you understand the transition steps. 

30 minutes ago, DueceDrives said:

Information from members on this forums are accurate. Majority of us are in the system and went through the entire process. When members gives their suggestions, its best to listen since some of us are already employed and went through the transition process. Countless time from past different exams it has been mentioned to not to quit daily jobs until you officially pass the training process. I understand what happened this week made candidates excited that they were about to become part of the family. 180 Livingston doesn’t controls who gets hired or not. They’re there to process you in and prepare you to the next level getting employed. Let me make this clear, they’re are the first step to process you in HR level to see whether or not you fit to move forward to the training process.

The two final stage becoming part of the family officially is (1) Passing the 7 - 10 training stage. (2) Making it through the One year probationary period.  So my advice for everyone here is to carefully listen and read pasted other members experiences just so you understand the transition steps. 

Thank you for answering the latter part of what I was saying. However,  you did not answer my question asked. If and when they call me back in again would I be able to update by adding the addition missing work history to my application? Dont want to have anything missing since its a mandatory requirement.

2 hours ago, sisslims29 said:

Thank you for answering the latter part of what I was saying. However,  you did not answer my question asked. If and when they call me back in again would I be able to update by adding the addition missing work history to my application? Dont want to have anything missing since its a mandatory requirement.

When you go in for final processing, speak to the interviewer and ask him/her and take it from there. I would worry about one step at at time.

3 hours ago, DueceDrives said:

Just to add my two cents (without getting too overconfident):

Even for me, a few people who follow these threads/topics/forums know that I failed the 10-day training session back in February of 2014, and as a result of not only staying with the Forums, but continuing to give invaluable information, in addition to posting these invaluable handouts from my instructor close to 4 & 1/2 years ago, I got promoted to Senior Moderator within eight years of initially signing up and becoming a member! Sweet, right?

Therefore, even though I got my Class A CDL shortly after I failed the training in the tractor-trailer and I got my Class B CDL close to three years ago in a bus that had a clutch, which was interesting to begin with, I, myself, still follow the various threads/topics/forums for invaluable information, especially this post in which one of the other moderators called the 10-day training session "boot camp" which I personally found the most interesting on this site so far. My apologies for going a little bit "off-topic", however do you personally find this appropriate? Based on what I remember from 4 & 1/2 years ago, I definitely agree 100%, especially for days 5 & 6 and 9 in Manhattan.

Edited by +Young+

2 hours ago, +Young+ said:

When you go in for final processing, speak to the interviewer and ask him/her and take it from there. I would worry about one step at at time.

Just to add my two cents (without getting too overconfident):

Even for me, a few people who follow these threads/topics/forums know that I failed the 10-day training session back in February of 2014, and as a result of not only staying with the Forums, but continuing to give invaluable information, in addition to posting these invaluable handouts from my instructor close to 4 & 1/2 years ago, I got promoted to Senior Moderator within eight years of initially signing up and becoming a member! Sweet, right?

Therefore, even though I got my Class A CDL shortly after I failed the training in the tractor-trailer and I got my Class B CDL close to three years ago in a bus that had a clutch, which was interesting to begin with, I, myself, still follow the various threads/topics/forums for invaluable information, especially this post in which one of the other moderators called the 10-day training session "boot camp" which I personally found the most interesting on this site so far. My apologies for going a little bit "off-topic", however do you personally find this appropriate? Based on what I remember from 4 & 1/2 years ago, I definitely agree 100%, especially for days 5 & 6 and 9 in Manhattan.

Okay, thank you. That is the part I was worry about. I dont want that to be an issue considering me.

47 minutes ago, sisslims29 said:

Okay, thank you. That is the part I was worry about. I dont want that to be an issue considering me.

Yeah, even on one of my original applications, I made a mistake and as long as you let them know and you're honest, you're fine.