MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 7105

Shinabee65

On 9/26/2018 at 10:04 AM, Shateek8293 said:

Hello everyone and congrats and wish you all the best. I to was at 180 Livingston and I didn’t get in because I have 5 points on my License( they only allow 4 ) my question is next year August will make the 18 month mark that I would not had done anything else should I call them back to process my application even though on my abstract it still shows 5 points ? 

I’m scheduled to go down Wednesday for pre employment, I currently have the cdl permit but I have 6 points  for one speeding ticket on my license that I received in May of 2015. The points fall off my license January 1,2019.  Will these points completely disqualifie me from this job or will I be allowed to restate my name on the list once my points fall off?  I know I won’t be able to take the drug test and etc because of the points but once they fall off can I continue with the process? Should I still go down to fill out the paper knowing I have these points? I read that ppl who don’t have a cdl were being told to come back once they get it.. I want to know does this work the same for points?

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Yeah, even on one of my original applications, I made a mistake and as long as you let them know and you're honest, you're fine.

I am assuming when they decided to call me back they would probably returned the application to me or I would remember to ask explaining what I missed out. But overall, thank you for reaching out.

I’m scheduled to go down Wednesday for pre employment, I currently have the cdl permit but I have 6 points  for one speeding ticket on my license that I received in May of 2015. The points fall off my license January 1,2019.  Will these points completely disqualifie me from this job or will I be allowed to restate my name on the list once my points fall off?  I know I won’t be able to take the drug test and etc because of the points but once they fall off can I continue with the process? Should I still go down to fill out the paper knowing I have these points? I read that ppl who don’t have a cdl were being told to come back once they get it.. I want to know does this work the same for points?

7 hours ago, Sean1988 said:

I’m scheduled to go down Wednesday for pre employment, I currently have the cdl permit but I have 6 points  for one speeding ticket on my license that I received in May of 2015. The points fall off my license January 1,2019.  Will these points completely disqualifie me from this job or will I be allowed to restate my name on the list once my points fall off?  I know I won’t be able to take the drug test and etc because of the points but once they fall off can I continue with the process? Should I still go down to fill out the paper knowing I have these points? I read that ppl who don’t have a cdl were being told to come back once they get it.. I want to know does this work the same for points?

Hmmm, they were telling people they need the actual CDL to get processed? Are you sure? I thought you just need the permit? I think you might have to get your name reinstated because January is a few months off. You might have to ask Young or SevenEleven to make sure.  

Edited by msmcmillan
Extra space

9 hours ago, Sean1988 said:

They will tell you that you're no good until the points fall off. Just reinstate your name then and contact them to get rescheduled for pre-employment. 

@msmcmillan You just need your permit, with the proper endorsements. That hasn't changed. 

3 hours ago, msmcmillan said:

I think you might have to get your name reinstated because January is a few months off. You might have to ask Young or SevenEleven to make sure.

1 hour ago, SevenEleven said:

Just reinstate your name then and contact them to get rescheduled for pre-employment.

Since this is not a civil-service examination, you would have to either reinstate your name or reschedule yourself for pre-employment through 180 Livingston Street directly. NYC DCAS has nothing to do with these examinations since there was no multiple-choice civil service exam to begin with, just the BOSS (Bus Operator Selection Survey) exam to try to eliminate candidates who were truthful about either bad driving habits or bad habits within a workplace or something to that nature.

As far as whether you need the permit or the CDL - click here and scroll to the top of the second page. The document speaks for itself.

Edited by +Young+

12 hours ago, Sean1988 said:

Not disqualified you but set you back a little. MTA will only accept up to 4 points. 

25 minutes ago, sisslims29 said:

I got a 1 and 2 on the 4600 exam and don't really understand. 

Hey, sisslims29, exam 4600 is a civil service exam. This is exam 7105, and it is not. I don't think I've heard anyone say they got one for OA or MTA Bus. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

3 minutes ago, msmcmillan said:

Hey, sisslims29, exam 4600 is a civil service exam. This is exam 7105, and it is not. I don't think I've heard anyone say they got one for OA or MTA Bus. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Hi msmcmillan, I know this is the 7105 forum but since you mentioned it I wanted to mentioned about me receiving one for the 4600 exam. Overall, I still don't know what to do.  Did you try calling Livingston to see what it mean?

34 minutes ago, sisslims29 said:

Hi msmcmillan, I know this is the 7105 forum but since you mentioned it I wanted to mentioned about me receiving one for the 4600 exam. Overall, I still don't know what to do.  Did you try calling Livingston to see what it mean?

I'm sorry, I guess I didn't word my question properly. I never received one of those letters yet (knock on wood) I just wanted to know if OA (7105) disqualifies the same as NYCT exams (4600) I hope I'm making sense😉

4 hours ago, msmcmillan said:

Young, can you get a 1-n-3 disqualification letter for this exam, or any other non civil service B/O position? (Exam 7105, 7300, 7304) 

2 hours ago, msmcmillan said:

I'm sorry, I guess I didn't word my question properly. I never received one of those letters yet (knock on wood) I just wanted to know if OA (7105) disqualifies the same as NYCT exams (4600) I hope I'm making sense😉

I haven't heard of anything, however, based on this comment (towards the bottom), I would not be surprised if they send them out, especially if someone was unsuccessful with their probation as a Conductor, Track Worker, Train Operator, etc. and they're trying to get back in the system.

In addition, @msmcmillan, I just sent you a Private Message (PM) as well...

3 hours ago, msmcmillan said:

If I'm correct you did passed the Boss 7105 exam correct. My husband did not get his letter, email nor a call either. So, I am not sure what they are doing. 

5 minutes ago, sisslims29 said:

If I'm correct you did passed the Boss 7105 exam correct. My husband did not get his letter, email nor a call either. So, I am not sure what they are doing. 

As it states on the bottom of this page, I've completed the BOSS for another examination during the past 12 months. I don't know if it was for this exam or a different one, however, I passed it, and since the BOSS is the same for either NYC Transit, MaBSTOA and/or MTA Bus Company, there is no need to take it more than once within a 12-month period.

If that is the case, I would recommend for your husband to email examsunit@nyct.com and find out what's going on. Something must have happened...

Okay guys. I know I'm ready for the cdl permit exam. Just a question. Theres a lot of emphasis on air brakes. Which is fine. I want to know after you qualify at zerega does the mta prepare you for the cdl road test ? I feel like after I get this permit I should immediately just pay out of pocket for the road test because I don't want to forget all this stuff I'm learning and just get it out of the way and sleep better at night knowing I passed a major hurtle.

Edited by Moody

1 minute ago, Moody said:

Okay guys. I know I'm ready for the cdl permit exam. Just a question. Theres a lot of emphasis on air brakes. Which is fine. I want to know after you qualify at zerega does the mta prepare you for the cdl road test ? I feel like after I get this permit I should immediately just pay out of pocket for the road test because I don't want to forget all this stuff I'm learning.  

Yes, what what I read they prepare you with all the knowledge you would need. Just wait it out in my opinion. 

51 minutes ago, Moody said:

Okay guys. I know I'm ready for the cdl permit exam. Just a question. Theres a lot of emphasis on air brakes. Which is fine. I want to know after you qualify at zerega does the mta prepare you for the cdl road test ? I feel like after I get this permit I should immediately just pay out of pocket for the road test because I don't want to forget all this stuff I'm learning and just get it out of the way and sleep better at night knowing I passed a major hurtle.

Yep, after your training and you successful qualify, they will schedule you for the DMV road test. However, you might have to ask either Young or SevenEleven on specifics on the actual road test which differs from the MTA qualification test. From what I understand it has become more difficult over the years. 

40 minutes ago, msmcmillan said:

Yep, after your training and you successful qualify, they will schedule you for the DMV road test. However, you might have to ask either Young or SevenEleven on specifics on the actual road test which differs from the MTA qualification test. From what I understand it has become more difficult over the years. 

Oh boy lol. Good reason to take a leave of absence at work then. Just in case. Even though I'm confident and know I'll probably be okay. But a simple roll back is a fail on a road test. 

1 minute ago, Moody said:

No I didn't have my permit. And if everything plays out well maybe the next class. But no one knows when that is going to happen. 

Ook it's easy.. jus when u get to the dmv jus take ya time n read the question youll get it. . I got my permitt already im jus waiting til they call me