MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 7105

Shinabee65

1 hour ago, Moody said:

I took the cdl permit exam today. In staten island. Now I've been passing the practice test and exams from the apps. And I've had flawless records. So I was confident that I'd pass all exams. Well that didn't happen. The cdl permit at the DMV is totally different. The concept is the same know what's on the manual. But they don't ask the same questions like from the apps or cdl websited. Its total bs. Anyway.  The lady was nice enough to show me this website

https://www.cristcdl.com

If anyone planning to get your cdl permit. This is the website to study from. 90 percent of the general knowledge questions in this website is in the dmv cdl permit test. I studied the manual and I still failed I guess because of the way they asked the questions. Some guy punched the computer monitor while taking the test yelling this is not what I studied. 

No worries. I'll pass it tomorrow. Never give up. I'll be studying all day today.

Oh thank you for this. Yeah I failed it twice, that's $20. I am just gonna study, The manual is overwhelming.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, misslo said:

Oh thank you for this. Yeah I failed it twice, that's $20. I am just gonna study, The manual is overwhelming.

Just my two cents about that website (and my apologies if I'm going a little bit off-topic):

Not only did I use this website for my CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), but since I have the Class A, I also used it for the other endorsements as well (Hazmat, Tank, Doubles/Triples & School Bus). One of the things that I did was I made index cards so I was able to practice the questions while being away from the computer. In addition, be aware that the site comes out of Ohio. Therefore, when studying, I read manual 20% of the time and I used the index cards 80% of the time in order to successfully pass the various exams at the Dept. of Motor Vehicles.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:44 PM, SevenEleven said:

West Farms is one of the money depots for sure.

The depots that you can work at as an OA employee is everything in Manhattan, The Bronx (except Eastchester and Yonkers) and Brooklyn (except Spring Creek). When you pass the 10 day and it's time for your class to pick, you will be given a list of what depots are open and how many slots for each. You may be able to pick because there are spots or you may not because you're the last guy in your class and you're getting forced somewhere. Regardless of where you land up, operators generally have the ability to change depots during the yearly system pick that goes into effect in January. If there's space at Gleason when its your time to pick, you can go there. If there's no space for you, then try again next year.

Trust, the lines being straight is about fantastic as Manhattan gets. Add the traffic and bikes into the mix.

Manhattan might by straight and fantastic however,  those riders are quick to call in and report on you.  Pick with your depot with caution. 

34 minutes ago, sisslims29 said:

Manhattan might by straight and fantastic however,  those riders are quick to call in and report on you.  Pick with your depot with caution. 

That's everywhere tho. Some people are trigger happy on the phone, some wait until whatever happens, escalates to a certain point and some people just complain every day about everything.

On 10/3/2018 at 3:28 PM, sisslims29 said:

Hey,

Would all or only certain types of cough drops may possible read a false positive when it comes to taking your drug test? 

None of those would read positive. The purpose of a drug test is to find things which are listed on this page. Anything over the counter, or caffeine, such as Hot Chocolate or Coffee is fine.

1 hour ago, sisslims29 said:

Question,  if your license is less than one year is it recommended to even show up at 180 Livingston St? 

According to the Notice of Examination, on the top of page two, it says "Your CDL or Motor Vehicle Driver License, or any combination thereof, must have been valid in the State of New York for at least three years immediately prior to the date you are appointed to this position." Therefore, if you have a Class D or E License for at least three years, from October of 2015 or earlier to today, you're fine, regardless of how old your CDL is. If your regular license is not three years old, in which you passed your initial road test in a regular car after October of 2015, I would recommend to call them, speak to a human being and not an answering machine, and take it from there.

Edited by +Young+

15 hours ago, Shinabee65 said:

Hi guys, I got my pre-employment letter late, I suppose to go to 180 livinston  on Monday 24th but I got the letter 25th, can I just go to Livinston  on Tuesday on the 9th?. my next Q; what are they checking in the medical exam? thanks. list #6**

I hope you went down today. However, go tomorrow and explain what happen. Most likely it would not be that of a big deal since the next class starts Oct. 29th.

17 hours ago, Shinabee65 said:

Hi guys, I got my pre-employment letter late, I suppose to go to 180 livinston  on Monday 24th but I got the letter 25th, can I just go to Livinston  on Tuesday on the 9th?. my next Q; what are they checking in the medical exam? thanks. list #6**

Yes, go down as soon as possible. I agree with sisslims29. It shouldn't be that big of a deal. Just make sure you have all of your paperwork together so you don't have to go back unnecessarily. 

1 hour ago, msmcmillan said:

Yes, go down as soon as possible. I agree with sisslims29. It shouldn't be that big of a deal. Just make sure you have all of your paperwork together so you don't have to go back unnecessarily. 

Msmcillian, what is your status? Did you get called for pre-employment yet?

2 hours ago, sisslims29 said:

Msmcillian, what is your status? Did you get called for pre-employment yet?

Nope, I didn't get called. I'm kinda hoping I don't get called until early next year. Beggars can't be choosers, but I would rather have MTA stress after the holidays. List #11**, so I don't know how long it will be. 

Nope, I didn't get called. I'm kinda hoping I don't get called until early next year. Beggars can't be choosers, but I would rather have MTA stress after the holidays. List #11**, so I don't know how long it will be. 

Unless it's how you applied when the application firsr opened, I'm 11** and was already called.  My pressure spike up a little and I don't want them to call me now either. 

17 hours ago, sisslims29 said:

Unless it's how you applied when the application firsr opened, I'm 11** and was already called.  My pressure spike up a little and I don't want them to call me now either. 

Hmmm, maybe they are randomly calling people up to a certain number? I'm not even mad at that. I would prefer a brooklyn or queen depot anyway. I also have to take care of my blood pressure. It has been a little high lately. 

11 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Have you tried incorporating cinnamon by sprinkling it on top of your food? It always works for me...

I've heard of that, but I didn't think it would really work. I'll try that. I have been drinking a lot of teas with hibiscus. I heard that 3 cups a day lowers it also. 

24 minutes ago, msmcmillan said:

Hmmm, maybe they are randomly calling people up to a certain number? I'm not even mad at that. I would prefer a brooklyn or queen depot anyway. I also have to take care of my blood pressure. It has been a little high lately. 

What is it, everyone wants this job then now we all have some pressure issue. Man!!!

For the people with issues with the high blood pressure. The best thing you guys can do is start drinking a glass of beet juice everyday. Then day before the medical have a cup and before you head to medical take another cup.

GNC got the beet juice powder you can take and mix with a smoothie or milkshake also.

Also remember to avoid foods high in:

Salt, Sugar, Alcohol.

Wish you all the best

3 hours ago, Sean1988 said:

Took the drug test on Oct 3. Does any one know what the next step is and how long does it take before they contact me regarding my drug test?

Between 3 to 90 days if you pass the drug test. Second step is the medical. If you are successful then off to the Bronx for the next batch of class for training.

hi guys, yesterday I call Livingston and ask them if I can get appointment to come for pre-employment process, the letter says September 24th, but I got the letter 25th, and they told me to come to Livingston any day this week at 7;30 am for pre-employment process, but yesterday I went to a clinic to make sure am ok to start the process, but the doctor said my blood pressure is high, 155/96, is it too high to fail? I don't know anything about blood pressure, am a little nervous to go Livingston, I can not afford to loos this opportunity.