LIRR Coach Cleaner

Mark83

Hey everyone, Im new to this forum. So i just went through the whole process and had my interview and after the interview the 2 people told me to please be patient and that they would get in touch with me and that the interviews were being held for positions in 2018. Do you guys think that was their way of saying i didnt get the job or do you think they actually were being held for 2018?

It just got me kind of nervous because I was thinking maybe that was a polite way of saying that I didnt get the job

Just be patient and wait for them to contact you.  It's a process and you have to wait it out.  If you feel that uncomfortable, keep looking and see if you can find something else.  Worse case scenario, you find something, they call you back and you have the opportunity to work with the (MTA).  I would follow-up periodically though, but don't go crazy.  I interview people for positions as well, and there is nothing that annoys me more than people e-mailing and worse calling me about the position they inquired about every few days or every week.  That's when I become blunt and tell them that there's no need to call me. I'll contact you.  <_< If they gave you a phone number and e-mail, e-mail first and politely thank them (sending a "Thank You" e-mail) for the opportunity, letting them know it was a pleasure to meet them, etc. and let them know that you look forward to hearing from them, this way they remember you, but in a good way, and not as a pest.

I hate getting those phone calls when I'm in the middle of meetings or something important.  Automatic turn-off and your CV may just go in the trash or your e-mails deleted.  

Thank you so much for the answer,Makes me feel better. I didnt get an email or number or anything like that. That is nice to hear though, so thank you again

You should always ask for both if you don't have it or they don't offer it, or try to get a business card.  I know this isn't for a position in the private sector, but rather a public one, but always get the name of the person interviewing you and their contact information. I would check out LinkedIn if you have their name, or search for them online and see if you can find something that way.  Always send a "Thank You" e-mail as a lasting impression. That also gives you an excuse to write them at least once before you decide to follow-up.  They're likely going to be interviewing tons of people, so anything to give yourself a little edge helps.  

I don't think it hurts to follow-up say once a month or so given the position, as it may take some time before you hear from them, but certainly no more than that, and I would keep my eye out for other things in the meantime.  I've even had situations where I interviewed at two different places, and was pretty much about to accept a position from one place, but went to the other interview anyway because anything can happen, so always cover yourself and look to learn from each interview.  

I have an email from someone that detailed the day of my interview and who would be interviewing me. I did find her on the linkdln thing you wrotw about. Her name xame up in the search engine and when i clicked on her name is said the profile was erased. Weird it showed up in google but when i clicked it, her profile was gone

Pardon the spelling errors. Im writing on my phone and the touch screen keyboard is so small

I have an email from someone that detailed the day of my interview and who would be interviewing me. I did find her on the linkdln thing you wrotw about. Her name xame up in the search engine and when i clicked on her name is said the profile was erased. Weird it showed up in google but when i clicked it, her profile was gone

Pardon the spelling errors. Im writing on my phone and the touch screen keyboard is so small

Then you can send your thank you message to that e-mail, thanking the person that detailed the day of your interview, and mention the person that interviewed you as well for their time, and hopefully they will receive your communication. Don't wait too long to do it though. You should look for a sample one online so that you have something to follow. It should be short and sweet, maybe four lines tops, and sent out a few days after the interview. After that I would wait a month or two and follow up to see if anything has changed and then do that going forward. Find some excuse to follow up, and not just any old question about the status to keep yourself relevant and in the mix.

I'm confused, which one is it. LIRR or Metro North?

My best guess is neither.

They would accept applications for future hirings but interviewing now for 2018 vacancies? Then he said he never got an email, but then in another post he did....

Doesn't add up.

No i said i never got her email address, meaning the lady who interviewed me. After the interview she told me to please be patient they will get a hold of me for the next step and that theyre holding interviews for positions in 2018

Yeah, im sorry if it was confusing.

I don't know how old you are, but when I interned for the (MTA) they had paid high school and college intern positions.  Granted it was minimum wage then but if you're still in college, you may want to look into that as well. I did it for a few summers just to get some office experience and moved on since I found other things paying much more and more stimulating.  There's nothing exactly thrilling about data entry or doing other basic tasks.  Nevertheless, an intern position may give you an opportunity to get in that way and be hired from within. It's a little different in the office versus out in the field that's for sure and they likely still give a free Metrocard for work during the week.

Tell me about it. I aent in numerous applications throughout the years when they would pop up. Took about 4 years to get to this spot. Its why i was wo dering if she was letting me down easy by saying they would notify me when the next step is and that the interviews were veing held for jobs in 2018

Archived