Greyhound restarting service from GWB Bus Station in NYC

ML111

Coinciding with the pool split on Wed. September 27th, Greyhound is re-launching service from the GWB Bus Station with service to Boston, Hartford, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington DC.  Service will operate 2-6x a day for each location based on the day of the week.  All buses are running as through schedules into and out of the GWB, starting in DC, Philly or Boston.  No buses from the Port are "scheduled" to stop at the GWB.

Greyhound previously operated service from the GWB in the late 90s.

And it looks to be all Express service, with pretty much the same fares as if you boarded at the Port Authority. Plus I can get home from there in less than 30 minutes (vs. 45+ minutes from the Port Authority), so it's a pretty sweet deal for me.

As a Bronxite, I'm looking forward to taking advantage of riding a Greyhound out of GWB.

And it looks to be all Express service, with pretty much the same fares as if you boarded at the Port Authority. Plus I can get home from there in less than 30 minutes (vs. 45+ minutes from the Port Authority), so it's a pretty sweet deal for me.

As a Bronxite, I'm looking forward to taking advantage of riding a Greyhound out of GWB.

I'm sure you will, but the big question is how is this going to play out in the long term. They tried it out once before, and had to pull out. It's an interesting concept, but will it work is the question

I'm sure you will, but the big question is how is this going to play out in the long term. They tried it out once before, and had to pull out. It's an interesting concept, but will it work is the question

Last time around it was mostly local service offered from GWB, so needless to say people still went to the Port for buses at that time.

I think it will get a few more people than the last time they ran out of GW, but since the schedules consider GWB an intermediate/rest stop as opposed to a terminal (the schedules won't be all that dependent on NY ridership), they probably won't be so quick to pull out. If anything, they'll trim service from Port Authority in the long term because the Greyhound/Peter Pan split could oversaturate the market.

Last time around it was mostly local service offered from GWB, so needless to say people still went to the Port for buses at that time.

I think it will get a few more people than the last time they ran out of GW, but since the schedules consider GWB an intermediate/rest stop as opposed to a terminal (the schedules won't be all that dependent on NY ridership), they probably won't be so quick to pull out. If anything, they'll trim service from Port Authority in the long term because the Greyhound/Peter Pan split could oversaturate the market.

Don't expect on-time service with the constant traffic delays on the GW Bridge & the Cross Bronx Xpwy.

Archived