Exam 7609: Transit Electrical Helper

Jeffrey7492

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, moussaberte said:

I mean I have my list number though it is 151.0000 dosent that mean that the list is published?

Not neccessarily.

Also how long should it take to be notified and if I'm temporary I'm not a provisional right?

Depends on many factors, primarily left to the probation officer's discretion.

1 hour ago, tprashad0719 said:

ive been on my current job for 11 years, they don't give leave of absence here which sucks, but its a chance I might have to take, the main thing is that I passed the practical exam , just got to be a temp in the mean time and pass probation..i am sure with a list# 11* I should be ok

Congratulations.  Given the current state of the system, you will probably get plenty of overtime opportunities.

But does the lost number  matter because when you get called for pre screening dident they get to you on the list?

At this point, you got in.  You have a leg up on everyone else as far as how the hamburger is made.  So no, I would not consider the list number important at this moment in time.

Any further questions require expertise beyond my knowledge.  I would advise to take the jump in, and if it isn't for you, at least you find out early and can leave for other things.

Safety Proficiency Assessment: If you pass the education and experience test, you will be scheduled to take the qualifying safety proficiency assessment as vacancies occur. However, based on the projected number of vacancies, it is possible that not all candidates who pass the education and experience test will be scheduled for the qualifying safety proficiency assessment

Yea we'll I know that I do and when I went they took the licences and that's what they used to call people but I mean im sure some people had just normal id cards because I read somewhere that they give you until final processing to get you licence I don't know how accurate that is but that's what I read somewhere on this forum for a totally diffent job I would link it but I don't remember I was just looking all over the forum.

Passed medical, completed final processing, was sworn in, guess I work for the city now. Hooray.

Now, what does temporary or provisional means? Do these terms means the same thing?

Will I still be temporary even after a year of probation?

I feel like I don't know a thing about how any of this works.