Exam 7609: Transit Electrical Helper

Jeffrey7492

2 hours ago, Elfrinz said:

id rather work in manhattan or bronx honestly.

well you report to your home base or whatever you want to call it then crews go out to the site from there..power is atlantic ave in bk or locust ave in the bronx..not sure if any other section is out of manhattan

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, GerardL said:

well you report to your home base or whatever you want to call it then crews go out to the site from there..power is atlantic ave in bk or locust ave in the bronx..not sure if any other section is out of manhattan

Does the bronx team work nights?

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/17/2018 at 6:33 PM, shopwitvel said:

Funny how nobody talking in here now lol but yo make sure u guys get alot of rest tonight and I will see you all tomorrow best of luck to all #Day1 💪💪💪🙏🙏

lol..you prob did a lot of nothing today and youll do alot of nothing tomorrow..and dont sign up for your 401k or 457 until you know what youll be bringing home..just my word of advice..enjoy the hall tomorrow

• 2 months later...
On 6/18/2018 at 9:59 PM, GerardL said:

lol..you prob did a lot of nothing today and youll do alot of nothing tomorrow..and dont sign up for your 401k or 457 until you know what youll be bringing home..just my word of advice..enjoy the hall tomorrow

I took the drug test august 2 for September class and heard nothing yet has anyone heard anything  for electrical helper 

On 8/22/2018 at 11:41 AM, Trev88 said:

I took the drug test august 2 for September class and heard nothing yet has anyone heard anything  for electrical helper 

Yo soup did you get clear from your medical hold if so did you get a date for  next  class 

On 8/22/2018 at 11:41 AM, Trev88 said:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Starbai said:

Hey guys quick question. Does the posistion require a highschool diploma or ged? Do they ask for it when you go in or just experience? 

They do ask for a HS diploma or a GED on the paperwork, though i don't remember them asking to see the actual document. In any case, i don't think you would want this to hang over your head. Try to get your GED asap.

16 minutes ago, jake3178 said:

Received a pre-employment letter to come in for exam 7609 for a "probable permanent position" on Jan 7th.

Keep in mind, I was hired from this exam for a provisional position a year ago.

So that's for Santa got me for New Years... not a bad present at all.

Congrats bro. Did you also receive a letter for the results on exam #7609 including your list number? Its definitely a Happy New Year for you. Im still waiting for mine letter for permanent position.

On the job requirements it states

Four years of full-time experience as a helper in the electrical, electronic, or electromechanical

fields in the maintenance, repair, testing, construction or installation of

electrical equipment; OR HIGH SCHOOL/GED

What do you guys think?

5 hours ago, Starbai said:

On the job requirements it states

Four years of full-time experience as a helper in the electrical, electronic, or electromechanical

fields in the maintenance, repair, testing, construction or installation of

electrical equipment; OR HIGH SCHOOL/GED

What do you guys think?

if you have a HS/GED then its 3 years of experience instead of 4

I Received a pre-employment letter to come in for exam 7609 for a "probable permanent position on Jan 8. Also I did my pre employment drug test for light maintainer.

so my question is if I get hire for electrical helper position and then 2 months later light maintainer call me, can I transfer to light maintainer or I have to wait a year ??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...