Exam 7609: Transit Electrical Helper

Jeffrey7492

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we're on lunch till 10. so first part was classroom, common sense stuff but of course very important. then we took a train ride to 4th ave and 53rd st, got on live tracks and practiced clearing with trains passing us on both sides (one train at a time), walked 5 blocks or so to 59th st station through the tunnel.

wasnt as spooky as I thought it would be, was pretty fun actually.

going back to class to pick up our track qualification card and back to school tomorrow morning to 14th st.

13 minutes ago, jake3178 said:

we're on lunch till 10. so first part was classroom, common sense stuff but of course very important. then we took a train ride to 4th ave and 53rd st, got on live tracks and practiced clearing with trains passing us on both sides (one train at a time), walked 5 blocks or so to 59th st station through the tunnel.

wasnt as spooky as I thought it would be, was pretty fun actually.

going back to class to pick up our track qualification card and back to school tomorrow morning to 14th st.

Oh cool sounds like you guys had fun 

Flagging was moved to next week, doing some other classes this week. so far we were paid once. getting our 2nd check this thursday, I can already see online that I'll get 1k clean, after all taxes, including 5% to 401k (we only worked 72 hours past 2 weeks cause of a holiday) ... direct deposit kicks in after several pay periods.

The only notable thing is that someone was already called in for a random, so kids, don't do drugs (or even drink heavy a day before work).

On 11/29/2017 at 4:59 PM, moussaberte said:

One last thing have you guys did electrical work yet or just flaging and what not and if you guys did go electrical what have you been doing?

Forget about being an electrician for this position.  They make that loud and clear.  You are a helper.  You flag trains when they trust you to do so.  Maintainers do any electric work there is.  You carry stuff, set up work lights, block and clamp switches (you'll find out what that is).  Other than that the maintainer touches the equipment.  That's his responsibility.

One day if you go to maintainer school then you can put your electric background to use.  Now it's all about learning what you can on the John to make yours and the maintainers day easier.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:08 PM, Farjo33 said:

It was 7 months that I waited.  Then all of a sudden you get an email to show up for the Saftey Proficiency Exam.  Once you get called for that you are on your way.  About a month and a half from when you take that test at 180 Livingston Street

Thanks

On 11/28/2017 at 3:49 PM, jake3178 said:

Flagging was moved to next week, doing some other classes this week. so far we were paid once. getting our 2nd check this thursday, I can already see online that I'll get 1k clean, after all taxes, including 5% to 401k (we only worked 72 hours past 2 weeks cause of a holiday) ... direct deposit kicks in after several pay periods.

The only notable thing is that someone was already called in for a random, so kids, don't do drugs (or even drink heavy a day before work).

How' flagging man?

57 minutes ago, jake3178 said:

thats next week. see you at the school tomorrow.. btw, did they tell you to come in at 7am or 8?

Oh alright and they told us to be there at 8 I should hopefully be there by 7:30 if not before. You guys are gonna be there?

Edited by moussaberte

1 hour ago, moussaberte said:

Oh alright and they told us to be there at 8 I should hopefully be there by 7:30 if not before. You guys are gonna be there?

They wanted you guys in at 7.  Guess they never got the message over to orientation LOL.  After tomorrow you will be 7-3

15 minutes ago, moussaberte said:

Hey guys how strict are they about that communication test and how hard is it because they way they were saying it was like it' the end of the world I know it' important but is it as hard as they make it out to be or do they add some hype to work up your nerves 

oh boi, here we go, why not talk to one of us a class ahead.. you'll have much more freedom to walk around in the coming days so you can ask all your "silly" questions lol jk... we didn't have anyone to ask and we were stressed

24 minutes ago, jake3178 said:

oh boi, here we go, why not talk to one of us a class ahead.. you'll have much more freedom to walk around in the coming days so you can ask all your "silly" questions lol jk... we didn't have anyone to ask and we were stressed

Okay will do but what the answer to the question?