Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Conductor SIRTOA


Karim188
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 7/21/2019 at 11:00 AM, Lawrence St said:

I dont know why it re-opened back up when most of us are still on the "passed pre-screening" stage of the application.

I'm on the passed pre-screening stage also. Does anyone here know if we should re apply.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, BusOperatorSI said:

My application was put in a year ago for SIR Conductor (Jan 2019), and exactly one year later, its still in "passed Prescreening" Todays date it 02/03/2020

My status back in 2018 was the same thing and a few months later I was called in for a panel interview.. this was for Track Worker though. If you’re already with NYCT it beats me why you would want to switch over to SIRTOA as their pay is lagging behind and there isn’t a civil service process.. job is more secure with local 100. If you are from the street then why not give it a try... just letting you know there is some nepotism involved. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Zoey said:

My status back in 2018 was the same thing and a few months later I was called in for a panel interview.. this was for Track Worker though. If you’re already with NYCT it beats me why you would want to switch over to SIRTOA as their pay is lagging behind and there isn’t a civil service process.. job is more secure with local 100. If you are from the street then why not give it a try... just letting you know there is some nepotism involved. 

Oh trust me, I know all about the nepotism in that place. I have a few friends from high school there. Finding the application is like a needle in a haystack. From what im told, they cant keep anyone. For some, the travel is too far from the other boroughs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Nope. I just applied for the 3rd time, I wish there was someone we could talk to cause this is getting ridiculous at this point.

I hear you, hopefully after this pandemic and the city starts to get back to the norm we hear something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Just got called back about my application from July 24th 2019. I’m now in the interview panel stage. This was the longest I’ve ever waited for an interview. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, all. A couple of questions:

If someone had experience with a callback from someone in SIR, what do they require to do in order to move the hiring process along? 

How long could someone wait to call SIR back when s/he in between jobs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2021 at 1:27 PM, Noizey said:

Just got called back about my application from July 24th 2019. I’m now in the interview panel stage. This was the longest I’ve ever waited for an interview. 

Did they also send you an email or was it just a callback?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 5:19 PM, Lawrence St said:

Did they also send you an email or was it just a callback?

It was just a random 347 number that called me. I received no email or formal letter in the mail. I just had my panel interview two weeks ago on Bay Street at their main office. More recently though I was called back and told I passed the interview and will be moving to the next stage. I was sent an 18 page packet that needed in depth explanation regarding my past job history, addresses and other info dating back 10 years. Now I’m waiting for another phone call to proceed further. From what I’m hearing it’s about a 4-6 week process before you officially get hired on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/13/2021 at 4:56 PM, blendedmint said:

Hey, all. A couple of questions:

If someone had experience with a callback from someone in SIR, what do they require to do in order to move the hiring process along? 

How long could someone wait to call SIR back when s/he in between jobs?

I was required to show up at their office on Bay Street for a formal panel interview. From there I had to wait 1 week to hear back if I passed the interview or not. The following step was filling out another application that asked for your history dating back 10 years. Past addresses, job info, schooling, MVR, felonies, military etc. That’s as far as I’ve gotten as of now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2021 at 12:28 PM, Noizey said:

I was required to show up at their office on Bay Street for a formal panel interview. From there I had to wait 1 week to hear back if I passed the interview or not. The following step was filling out another application that asked for your history dating back 10 years. Past addresses, job info, schooling, MVR, felonies, military etc. That’s as far as I’ve gotten as of now. 

Thanks so much for your response. What was the interview like, if I may ask?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 3:53 PM, blendedmint said:

Thanks so much for your response. What was the interview like, if I may ask?

Sorry for the late reply. It was a virtual panel interview with standard interview questions like “Tell me about yourself” as well as situation/scenario questions regarding the scope of the job. Stress safety and and willingness to give up your free time for your job (overtime) that’s pretty much it. It was pretty simple. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/5/2021 at 9:57 PM, IanM said:

I have received a call from SIR and have an interview next week. does anyone have any pointers for the interview? Thanks in advance 

What position was it for? If train conductor I guess another spot opened up which is cool. I hope you did well on the interview. I explained the process up above. It was very simple and quite easy. I start orientation on the 23rd and in person at the yard on the 24th. Hopefully I’ll see you there. The whole process was about 3 weeks from the call back for the interview. Have your high school diploma at the ready as it was a requirement for hire. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hello.I applied for the Conductor SIRTOA position. But judging by what people are writing it looks like they wont be hiring me any time soon. Anyone know how long is this list for applicants?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DonV said:

Hello.I applied for the Conductor SIRTOA position. But judging by what people are writing it looks like they wont be hiring me any time soon. Anyone know how long is this list for applicants?

I applied 8 times and never got a call or a denial letter.

Idk about you guys, but this is no way to hire people...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.