Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys i just got a email stating they won’t continue the hiring process with me because of pending tickets? I have 2 upcoming court dates for traffic moving violations one red light and electrical device. Any suggestions? I’m kinda devastated 

3 hours ago, Omi said:

Hey guys i just got a email stating they won’t continue the hiring process with me because of pending tickets? I have 2 upcoming court dates for traffic moving violations one red light and electrical device. Any suggestions? I’m kinda devastated 

You gotta take care of the tickets, are you able to plead and pay?

18 hours ago, Omi said:

As @dman1455 said in his post, you have to pay those tickets to move forward.

In addition, have you considered running off your standard abstract? When you gave the MTA your license information, one of the things they did was they ran your Standard Abstract to see if you have anything outstanding, including pending tickets. Therefore, if I was you, I would run this off yourself to see what it contains. Once you paid your tickets, it should reflect on the abstract, in which you should be able to move forward.

Good luck!!

12 minutes ago, FLeXxX said:

Hey guys..... couple of questions....what are the hours looking like for this position? and what location would you be appointed to after hiring?

Most likely you guys will be going nights 11p -7a or 10p to 6a but if you slip into a day position its 8a-4p

41 minutes ago, Rj617 said:

I'm assuming the 5-6 classes is made up of the first 500 on the list, will there possibly be another recruitment phase this year?

Not to sure yet but i kno for a fact they are trying to hire 100 for the time being and they are going to be located in yards until the mass pick, also im assuming that there will be a class of at least 25 due to covid 

Edited by Chris127

Should i be worried because I’ve been reading this forum and I’m noticing that some people are getting emailed back to make corrections on their paperwork and some unfortunately to inform them they will no longer be considered. I submitted my paperwork on time but have yet to receive anything back not even a confirmation that they received my documents. I just don’t want to get left out due to missing or incorrect documents. If any body has any info please inform me thank you.

27 minutes ago, 9thGenAccord said:

Should i be worried because I’ve been reading this forum and I’m noticing that some people are getting emailed back to make corrections on their paperwork and some unfortunately to inform them they will no longer be considered. I submitted my paperwork on time but have yet to receive anything back not even a confirmation that they received my documents. I just don’t want to get left out due to missing or incorrect documents. If any body has any info please inform me thank you.

Nah you're good. If you didn't get a response that means they got it and you're good.

Update i pleaded guilty took the fine and points now waiting for the receipt to forward to mta to continue hiring process🤞🏾 Thanks for the information because the lady at mta said she couldn’t advise me to plead guilty. 

2 hours ago, dman1455 said:

Nah you're good. If you didn't get a response that means they got it and you're good.

Thank you.

Also i have a pending ticket with a court date for an improper left turn but i have footage from dash cam showing it wasn’t illegal. I don’t mind pleading guilty if it helps make the hiring process faster, but this ticket is associated with 2 points and i already have 6 i think anymore and I’m in trouble. Not sure what to do.

Side note: i also have my defensive driving course which removes 4 points from my license but when i sign in to my dmv it still shows all 6.

47 minutes ago, 9thGenAccord said:

Thank you.

Also i have a pending ticket with a court date for an improper left turn but i have footage from dash cam showing it wasn’t illegal. I don’t mind pleading guilty if it helps make the hiring process faster, but this ticket is associated with 2 points and i already have 6 i think anymore and I’m in trouble. Not sure what to do.

Side note: i also have my defensive driving course which removes 4 points from my license but when i sign in to my dmv it still shows all 6.

Hope it all works out for you, but as far as the defensive driving course If I remember correctly its only for insurance purposes not sure with MTA though. Also If the 6 points are 3 or more years you should be good, if not you might want to consider letting the points mature a bit. Good luck!

51 minutes ago, MTA MAC said:

Hope it all works out for you, but as far as the defensive driving course If I remember correctly its only for insurance purposes not sure with MTA though. Also If the 6 points are 3 or more years you should be good, if not you might want to consider letting the points mature a bit. Good luck!

Just wanna note that this crazy that they you guys going thru petty tickets and shit to get hired they needed so many trackworkers last test they was putting ppl in programs wit dwi’s before they started working for transit and tickets they was telling u to go handle before processing 

On 3/25/2021 at 12:08 AM, Flergy said:

Does anyone know the current hourly rate for a Track worker? Also, does anybody know the percentage of raise they are going to get in May?

2.50% in May. Starting pay last contract was $23.1716. Since than we’ve gotten a 2% and a 2.25% raise. Not to sure what it will be come May

When you do get hired it will be 3 weeks of training at the school in Brooklyn, 2125 W 13th st.

You’ll pick temp job position in test list seniority order. They will be system wide positions, but assuming there might be heavy on the day time spots due to all the retirements.

You’ll than do 3 weeks training in the one of the yards mostly digging out and replacing ties. You’ll pick which yard you go to via seniority order too. Don’t be surprised if you get stuck traveling to a yard no where near you lol.

Edited by Queensqueens111

31 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

My boy with a list number in the early 100s got an email to come down to 180 on Friday to continue the hiring process and drug testing.

Classes should he rolling out in the next few days to get guys out in the field by june

I noticed in the email it doesn’t state how we have to dress when we go in for the drug test. Have they been more relaxed with how you dress when you go down there? When I went for pre employment 2 years ago for train operator i dressed up but there were a large number of people in sweats and sneakers, even though the canvas specifically said no sweats or sneakers lol. This time around it doesn’t specify what not to wear. Has anyone been down there recently for other titles? Thanks 

5 hours ago, Kidbx175 said:

I noticed in the email it doesn’t state how we have to dress when we go in for the drug test. Have they been more relaxed with how you dress when you go down there? When I went for pre employment 2 years ago for train operator i dressed up but there were a large number of people in sweats and sneakers, even though the canvas specifically said no sweats or sneakers lol. This time around it doesn’t specify what not to wear. Has anyone been down there recently for other titles? Thanks 

When you click the link on number 8 it tells you business casual along with what documents to bring every time I have went down it has been pretty relaxed I wouldn’t show up looking like you rolled out of Bed but I wouldn’t be in a tux lol 

On 3/5/2021 at 10:33 PM, Queensqueens111 said:

I believe due to the length of track in the system we need 1900 employees, last seniority draft had us at 1787 but there have been retires since than. I’d assume they are looking for about 100 employees, with covid precautions I don’t expect big classes like last time maybe 20 new hires at a time.

I got hired with just a permit too, don’t worry about it.

Thank you for clarifying! I got an email telling me about the prescreening next Monday; do you know how long it goes for? I usually work a closing shift that day at my current job and I’d like to know if I have to take the day off to do the screening.