Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was speaking to instructor he said they are going to hire another 175 ... and put in classes of 25 about 1 class a month next class starts June 7 and the last class will be going in November so make sure you keep checking your mail and junk/ spam 

1 hour ago, Jaybag said:

Was speaking to instructor he said they are going to hire another 175 ... and put in classes of 25 about 1 class a month next class starts June 7 and the last class will be going in November so make sure you keep checking your mail and junk/ spam 

Who is the instructors ?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Queensqueens111 said:

You guys get a list of reporting locations to pick from yet?

heard some of yous were struggling out there in pitkin yard yesterday lol 

Yeah we picked before we reported to the yard. I’m in the Westchester yard group tho lol. 

Today I received a voice mail and a text stating, " New York City Transit is considering you for a Track Worker position and invites to our facility at MTA New York City Transit 180 Livingston Street 5th floor, Brooklyn NY, 11201 on Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 7:15 AM to continue the pre-employment process. Please check your email and follow all instructions in order to prevent a delay in your processing." However, I did not receive the email with instructions to continue the pre-employment process. I also checked my spam folder to make sure it wasn't in there. How long do I have to wait for the email?

Hey everybody, I just got a call/text to come to 180 to follow up with pre-employment. What was also said was to check your e-mail for further instructions.....but after checking my email and spam mail, its not there. Can anyone give me a number to call or even better explain what to bring? Thank you in advance

12 minutes ago, JoeDJr said:

Hey everybody, I just got a call/text to come to 180 to follow up with pre-employment. What was also said was to check your e-mail for further instructions.....but after checking my email and spam mail, its not there. Can anyone give me a number to call or even better explain what to bring? Thank you in advance

If you don't mind me asking, what's your list number range?

Edit: Wait until the end of business day for an email, if you don't receive one by end of business day reach out to them first thing Monday morning. Did you get a date to come in at least?

Edited by dman1455

9 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

If you don't mind me asking, what's your list number range?

Edit: Wait until the end of business day for an email, if you don't receive one by end of business day reach out to them first thing Monday morning. Did you get a date to come in at least?

I don't mind, I'm in the 230s, and the date for me to go down is on 5/25. I don't know of the number to call, but for the time being I'll wait it out as you suggested. If I don't get anything by tomorrow, I'll update on here. Thank you for the swift reply dman

1 minute ago, JoeDJr said:

I don't mind, I'm in the 230s, and the date for me to go down is on 5/25. I don't know of the number to call, but for the time being I'll wait it out as you suggested. If I don't get anything by tomorrow, I'll update on here. Thank you for the swift reply dman

When you go in it'll be a drug test and you'll finish filling out your pre employment. I think you may need to bring some personal documents.

4 minutes ago, Brooklynboy1992 said:

I got called in to come Tuesday. What documents do I need to bring with me and what type of attire? 

Just wear regular clothes, just don't come in looking dirty. Documents wise, Original Social Security Card, Original Birth Certificate, Drivers License (if you have one).

Just wondering, what's your list number range if you don't mind sharing.

Edited by dman1455

Hi I'm currently going to be a part of the new upcoming class for track worker but I need to learn some of the technical terms for some parts of the track. If any current track workers are willing to help me I'd appreciate it. I can send you my email address I have pics on my phone of the track parts or components I just don't know the names. Thank you! 

Edited by Stephen K

40 minutes ago, Stephen K said:

Hi I'm currently going to be a part of the new upcoming class for track worker but I need to learn some of the technical terms for some parts of the track. If any current track workers are willing to help me I'd appreciate it. I can send you my email address I have pics on my phone of the track parts or components I just don't know the names. Thank you! 

wait until you get in the class room + do  on the job training you will learn everything there. 

1 hour ago, FLeXxX said:

Hey everyone,

What are the odds of getting a day shift? And what location will we be working out of?

Depends on what’s available when you do your mini pick in class. For example my class had about 8day jobs out of 24. But keep in mind when ever that pick happens you might lose that. And be forced nights. Everything is about seniority here. 

23 minutes ago, Kidbx175 said:

Depends on what’s available when you do your mini pick in class. For example my class had about 8day jobs out of 24. But keep in mind when ever that pick happens you might lose that. And be forced nights. Everything is about seniority here. 

Just a heads up talks of pick happening this summer so for the guys thats getting hired after the pick will be in x spots until they see what ever is left from the pick