Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/10/2021 at 6:00 PM, jtest18 said:

hello all, Im wondering whats my chances of getting called my list # 1800s is that possible during the last year before the exam expires or am i out of luck?

It’s possible, I was in 2600s and got called 5 years after the test lol, as time go on more will retire switch departments and more on the list will find a permanent job elsewhere.

Edited by Queensqueens111

13 hours ago, Queensqueens111 said:

It’s possible, I was in 2600s and got called 5 years after the test lol, as time go on more will retire switch departments and more on the list will find a permanent job elsewhere.

thanks, I appreciate it bro

• +Young+ changed the title to Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

Hey guys, 

I have been lurking in this forum for a couple of years now just always reading the questions and information given. 

I just received a text message and email today that they want me to come in next Tuesday to continue the pre employment process.

My question is mainly, what is the hourly/ annual salary for this job? I am trying to figure out if its even worth pursuing. 

Thank you in advance 

19 minutes ago, Lansky said:

Hey guys, 

I have been lurking in this forum for a couple of years now just always reading the questions and information given. 

I just received a text message and email today that they want me to come in next Tuesday to continue the pre employment process.

My question is mainly, what is the hourly/ annual salary for this job? I am trying to figure out if its even worth pursuing. 

Thank you 

20 minutes ago, Lansky said:

Hey guys, 

Thank you in advance 

How much do you currently make at your job now?

1 minute ago, Lansky said:

Right now I work around 15-16 days a month and can make anywhere from 3k-4k per month but its not stable. 

So to answer your question u can 5k a month if u like doing ot and this a stable job minor the bullshit u deal with 

34 minutes ago, Lansky said:

Hey guys, 

Thank you in advance 

If you dont mind me asking what your list number range is, I'm just trying to gage how far they've gone.

Hi wanted to ask a question i'm in the late 600's close to 700 was wondering if anyone knows the estimated time for that was hoping I could finish the school year in Asia? How fast do they call you to come in to do pre employment? I currently work overseas in Asia as a Teacher, just weighing my options but I would need to rush back home if they do call? How much time before you would be completely hired and it seems like I would need to fly back for a drug test which means that I would need to pack up all my stuff when the time comes? Thanks in advance 

47 minutes ago, Kidbx175 said:

Possibly, there is a class in school now. And there’s another July 17th I think. Not sure after that. But from what I’ve heard, there will be a class pretty much every month for a couple of more months. 

Hiring is up until January good luck to all

12 hours ago, Kidbx175 said:

You can defer if they reach you and reinstate your name back on the list. 

How do I defer? I have been calling all day but no one on the phone has picked up. So if I feel ready next year again I could call them to reinstate me back onto the list and i'll be called up with the next class? 

MTA NYCT is canvassing names on the Track Worker Exam 8600 list in anticipation of making appointments. In order for you to be considered for this position, you must respond to this canvass, complete the enclosed pre-employment application form and submit any required document(s) to indicate your interest. When you submit your application please include the exam title, your full name, exam number and list number in the subject line of the email. Please submit the complete application as a PDF file.

Your response must be submitted to, RTOEmploymentOperations@nyct.com, no later than Wednesday, June 23, 2021. Failure to respond will result in your name being removed from the list.

Hello all, I'm new here and hoped I could get some information. I received this email this morning as well as a text message and automated phone message. The email is from nyctransithrops@nyct.com. Is this the pre-employment letter? I'm in the 700's on the list. 

43 minutes ago, Steve78 said:

Was it the pre employment booklet you received or was it  the time and date for your drug test?

just the pre employment booklet/letter thing "MTA NYCT is canvassing names on the Track Worker Exam 8600 list in anticipation of making appointments. In order for you to be considered for this position, you must respond to this canvass, complete the enclosed pre-employment application form and submit any required document(s) to indicate your interest. When you submit your application please include the exam title, your full name, exam number and list number in the subject line of the email. Please submit the complete application as a PDF file."