Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MTA MAC said:

On exam #3600 I scored 82.75 which put me very far down on the list I think like 92xx.

What do you think you got hung up on? People are saying this one is going to be harder...I'm trying to prepare myself for surprises ahaha.

11 minutes ago, bimmer4me said:

What do you think you got hung up on? People are saying this one is going to be harder...I'm trying to prepare myself for surprises ahaha.

From what I remember the material was not hard at all, the other thing is not paying attention and rushing through the test. 

What goes on when people get the same score? Is it the sign up date that breaks the tie or test date? I signed up pretty damn quick (around 4 days after it opened) but find myself in the last few days of testing. I afraid I dun goofed myself.

Edited by bimmer4me

2 hours ago, bimmer4me said:

What goes on when people get the same score? Is it the sign up date that breaks the tie or test date? I signed up pretty damn quick (around 4 days after it opened) but find myself in the last few days of testing. I afraid I dun goofed myself.

You get sorted by the fifth digit of your social.

On 3/9/2018 at 2:42 PM, bimmer4me said:

Was watching the news and they said they want to hire 3k Track/signal/maintainers for some new plan. This could be good news for us. 3k is ALOT of people.

I hate to be honest,  however with the current Track Worker list that is out, in which the list can be downloaded here and the thread can be viewed here, there are about 12,500 people on that list. Someone with a list number in the 2600's just got hired, and I'm in the 2800's, in which I took a drug test and submitted my pre-employment application on February 21st, approximately three [3] weeks ago. There are approximately 9,700 people that are still waiting to get called, depending on if they extend the current list for one or two more years once it expires this December.

Therefore, if I was you, I wouldn't "count your chickens before they hatch." Just focus on the upcoming exam, especially as time gets closer, and when the list for this exam comes out, we'll take it from there.

4 hours ago, +Young+ said:

I hate to be honest,  however with the current Track Worker list that is out, in which the list can be downloaded here and the thread can be viewed here, there are about 12,500 people on that list. Someone with a list number in the 2600's just got hired, and I'm in the 2800's, in which I took a drug test and submitted my pre-employment application on February 21st, approximately three [3] weeks ago. There are approximately 9,700 people that are still waiting to get called, depending on if they extend the current list for one or two more years once it expires this December.

Therefore, if I was you, I wouldn't "count your chickens before they hatch." Just focus on the upcoming exam, especially as time gets closer, and when the list for this exam comes out, we'll take it from there.

I dont know man. 9.7k is a huge number of people to move. I really don't think they will  get through the majority of them....like I said 9.7 K is a tonnnn of people. This being said I don't  know the ratio of people that are called to process. It looks like your humming along though, so best of luck! i hope you signed up for this one as well.

On 3/12/2018 at 11:14 PM, bimmer4me said:

I dont know man. 9.7k is a huge number of people to move. I really don't think they will  get through the majority of them....like I said 9.7 K is a tonnnn of people. This being said I don't  know the ratio of people that are called to process. It looks like your humming along though, so best of luck! i hope you signed up for this one as well.

I agree. Thank you so much @bimmer4me for those kind words!! I'll be posting my status in the Track Worker 3600 Thread as time progresses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...