Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

Going in for my drug test in a few days, my current job as a mail courier pays me $29.89 and once September hits I’ll be at $32 which my top pay at $35 (which would change within the next 2 years during the next contract) and my seniority is decent and I love my route especially where I live too! Now I’m here really contemplating wether it’s worth taking the pay cut or what. Im in a local aswell but im hearing nothing beats the city union. Is anyone else in the same boat as me who’s legit stuck. I wish MTA reached out too me before I got my full time position at my current job and now I got comfortable here too even leave to start over.. and btw with my current job I’ll be able to Transfer within the TriState and keep my same pay but with Trackworker I’m stuck in NYC . Just something I’ve been thinking longterm.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/17/2021 at 3:07 PM, dman1455 said:

They filling up the July 19th class with list numbers in in 300s right now, so you'll probably get in the one after that.

I recently got the canvassing letter also and it said I had until the 23rd to respond. I am in the early 900’s on the list. Is it a issue that I sent in 2 forms because I couldn’t get the first form to sign but was able to get the second signed? Also do they respond to you if you send in your letter before the deadline confirming that they received the letter? Or do I just have to wait and hope for the best? 

2 hours ago, Kingwilson said:

I recently got the canvassing letter also and it said I had until the 23rd to respond. I am in the early 900’s on the list. Is it a issue that I sent in 2 forms because I couldn’t get the first form to sign but was able to get the second signed? Also do they respond to you if you send in your letter before the deadline confirming that they received the letter? Or do I just have to wait and hope for the best? 

It's fine that you sent in two, the staff analyst will email you only if they have any questions or errors you need to correct. If everything is in order the next email you'll receive is a drug test.

2 hours ago, Kingwilson said:

You will not receive a response. What i did was CC myself on the email to make sure it was sent. If everything is filled out correctly than you won't hear anything until you are called for your drug test. They will only contact you if something is filled incorrectly or left blank that needed to be filled out.

Does the MTA contact you to inform you that you won't be moving forward to the drug screening or do we all just assume if we hear nothing,  then we wait until they call? I would like to know that they are not interested in moving forward for any reasons. I just wouldn't want to wait for something that isn't coming. It's just a question I had...

17 hours ago, Chuckk said:

Going in for my drug test in a few days, my current job as a mail courier pays me $29.89 and once September hits I’ll be at $32 which my top pay at $35 (which would change within the next 2 years during the next contract) and my seniority is decent and I love my route especially where I live too! Now I’m here really contemplating wether it’s worth taking the pay cut or what. Im in a local aswell but im hearing nothing beats the city union. Is anyone else in the same boat as me who’s legit stuck. I wish MTA reached out too me before I got my full time position at my current job and now I got comfortable here too even leave to start over.. and btw with my current job I’ll be able to Transfer within the TriState and keep my same pay but with Trackworker I’m stuck in NYC . Just something I’ve been thinking longterm.

Based on the way you described your current job, it seems you should stay put to me. You can always reinstate your name back on the list in the future (as long as you do it before the list expires) if you change your mind. 

21 hours ago, +Young+ said:

You're welcome. As far as your situation is concerned, as soon as anything changes (permanent address, job situation, etc.) I would update the packet and re-send it as soon as possible. I would not wait until your called in for the pre-employment, however this is just me. The final decision is yours.

Good luck!!

Okay. Thank you again. I actually filled in the paperwork by hand and then scanned it in, so updating it is going to be a pain, but small price to pay, I guess. haha Thank you!

17 hours ago, Chuckk said:

Yeah your spot sounds good I would also stay put and in a few years if you change your mind you can always start back the process 

39 minutes ago, Jaybag said:

Yeah your spot sounds good I would also stay put and in a few years if you change your mind you can always start back the process 

But the downside is the retirement plan sucks. It’s time and age too get your full pension whereas the city you only need 20 or 25 years ? 

Hi everyone, last Thursday I had received an automated call and two text messages from MTA NYCT indicating that I should've gotten an email with a canvassing letter. The email never came in and I was trying to get in touch with human resources ever since last Friday. So far I've been unsuccessful at getting them to resend the email to me. I was hoping someone could post the content of that email here or email it to me directly (my email is kolyan1987@yahoo.com). As far as I understand there should be some pdf files there that need to be signed. And what is the email address to send the completed paperwork to? I appreciate all your help, this forum is my final hope as tomorrow is the deadline for submitting the documents. 

3 hours ago, kolyan1987 said:

Hi everyone, last Thursday I had received an automated call and two text messages from MTA NYCT indicating that I should've gotten an email with a canvassing letter. The email never came in and I was trying to get in touch with human resources ever since last Friday. So far I've been unsuccessful at getting them to resend the email to me. I was hoping someone could post the content of that email here or email it to me directly (my email is kolyan1987@yahoo.com). As far as I understand there should be some pdf files there that need to be signed. And what is the email address to send the completed paperwork to? I appreciate all your help, this forum is my final hope as tomorrow is the deadline for submitting the documents. 

I believe you have to fill out this forum

http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/pdf/Day_1-Non-Driving-Titles.pdf

and email it back to them at

employmentcentermow@nyct.com

not 100% so maybe some who got the email can verify 

Edited by Queensqueens111

20 minutes ago, Queensqueens111 said:

I believe you have to fill out this forum

http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/pdf/Day_1-Non-Driving-Titles.pdf

and email it back to them at

employmentcentermow@nyct.com

not 100% so maybe some who got the email can verify 

Thank you so much, I really do appreciate your input. if it wasn't for you guys I would be screwed! 

1 hour ago, Lansky said:

Went in yesterday to fill out some paperwork at the HR office and then did a drug test in the Lab office. All in all process took exactly 6 hours, just sitting there waiting for your name to be called. 

May I ask what is your list number approximately? Thank you

Does anyone know approximately how long after you send in the pre-employment forms from the canvassing letter will you go in for the drug test and other paperwork? I have a 2 week vacation in the beginning of August and I'm wondering if it would be before or after that? I'd be back by Aug. 13 and my pre-employment forms were due June 23, which I already sent in. Any info helps. Thanks all

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Does anyone know approximately how long after you send in the pre-employment forms from the canvassing letter will you go in for the drug test and other paperwork? I have a 2 week vacation in the beginning of August and I'm wondering if it would be before or after that? I'd be back by Aug. 13 and my pre-employment forms were due June 23, which I already sent in. Any info helps. Thanks all

You should be good, they're only up to the 300s for Medicals so they got someway to go until they hit you. I'd say by mid to late August you'll go in for a drug test, maybe even early September.

7 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

You should be good, they're only up to the 300s for Medicals so they got someway to go until they hit you. I'd say by mid to late August you'll go in for a drug test, maybe even early September.

Oh, ok. I'm in the 700's and had until today to send in my pre-employment. it should be awhile before I go in for a drug test and other work then.  Likely August/September as you said?

18 minutes ago, JayC said:

Oh, ok. I'm in the 700's and had until today to send in my pre-employment. it should be awhile before I go in for a drug test and other work then.  Likely August/September as you said?

That's my best guess from how things usually go. I can't gurantee you anything because there's factors out there out of my knowledge like class sizes, how many people fail or turn down the job. I mean I'm 29x and I made it into the 3rd class.